Arena League Players Don't Get Drug Tested?

H2o

http://dispatch.com/live/content/sports/st...S9.html?sid=101

I didn't know this until today. There's probably all kinds of Michael Irvin's, Lawrence Taylor's, Brian Bosworth's, and Shawn Merriman's on the field :rolleyes: I didn't think that any organized league could go without some form of drug testing to make it legit. I wonder if this is what ESPN based their god-awful football tv series on?

I've always maintained that the only reason sports leagues want to rid themselves of drugs is because they are illegal and the leagues fear that users are more likely to get involved with shady characters and fix games. When you have a league that doesn't command much betting action, such as the Arena Football League, there's little fear of fixing the games for big bettors, therefore less drug enforcement.

The US government will probably not go after the Arena Football. People need to understand that the only reason why Congress got involved with the MLB Steroid problem or NFL Spygate is because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. These Senators and Congressman who say it's for the children is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Like most things Senators and Congressman have their dirty little paws in this industry. If the Fans get mad and stop spending money on these sports it affects their pocket books. So they put on a dog and pony show i hopes that people will feel more secure that something is being done.

The US government will probably not go after the Arena Football. People need to understand that the only reason why Congress got involved with the MLB Steroid problem or NFL Spygate is because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. These Senators and Congressman who say it's for the children is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Like most things Senators and Congressman have their dirty little paws in this industry. If the Fans get mad and stop spending money on these sports it affects their pocket books. So they put on a dog and pony show i hopes that people will feel more secure that something is being done.

Or maybe it is not such a big conspiracy and it is because no one cares about Arena Football.