Sonic Youth and other 90's alternative

Pete

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching the movie Singles. Man I never knew how many artist were in that. Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Layne Staley,

Jerry Cantrell, Stone Gossard. I'm sure I missed a couple.

that is a great soundtrack! Plus it is the only place I believe where you can find "Drown" by the Pumpkins- my favorite Pumpkins tune

Have you seen the film? The mains characters buddies are Gossard and Ament and there is lots of cameos. One of the couples goes on a date to a small club and Alice In Chains is playing. The film was made at the height of the grunge scene and really puts you back in that period

EDIT- I just realized you said you saw it. :D Late night last night, first coffee of the day

Wow - I did not know this board had such great taste in music! I am looking for a few artists mentioned and will gladly burn discs in exchange. I have some LPs of these artists-but need files. And I have an enormous CD library to repay! There are a few friends of mine here that I exchange music with.

My wish list:

Pearl Jam- Versus

Charlie Hunter Quartet- any

Ben Harper - any

The Shins- any

Kings of Leon - any

Black Flag -any TV Party :lol:

Dead Boys - any Ain't It Fun :wub:

The last two Dinasaur Jr albums

Early Bad Religion Have a few of theirs

Green Pajamas- any

Velocity Girl- any

Bettie Serveet - any

Yo La Tengo - any

Toadies - any

Spinanes - any

The first Trainspotting soundtrack

Ripple - Janes Addiction

Blues Traveler

COC - especially Albatross

Neutral Milk Station

Tripping Daisys

Early Rancid

Sunny Day Real Estate

Vandals

Mudhoney

Soul Coughing

Pavement besides Slanted and Enchanted

Sebadoh

-The Freed Man

-The Freed Weed

-Weed Forestin

-Smash Your Head On Punk Rock

If anyone has any of these CD's, please burn me a copy, and I will pay back in spades! Share! Share! Share! PM me please if if interested

Wow - I did not know this board had such great taste in music! I am looking for a few artists mentioned and will gladly burn discs in exchange. I have some LPs of these artists-but need files. And I have an enormous CD library to repay! There are a few friends of mine here that I exchange music with.

My wish list:

Pearl Jam- Versus

Charlie Hunter Quartet- any

Ben Harper - any

The Shins- any

Kings of Leon - any

Black Flag -any

Dead Boys - any

The last two Dinasaur Jr albums

Early Bad Religion

Green Pajamas- any

Velocity Girl- any

Bettie Serveet - any

Yo La Tengo - any

Toadies - any

Spinanes - any

The first Trainspotting soundtrack

Ripple - Janes Addiction

Blues Traveler

COC - especially Albatross

Neutral Milk Station

Tripping Daisys

Early Rancid

Sunny Day Real Estate

Vandals

Mudhoney

Soul Coughing

Pavement besides Slanted and Enchanted

Sebadoh

-The Freed Man

-The Freed Weed

-Weed Forestin

-Smash Your Head On Punk Rock

If anyone has any of these CD's, please burn me a copy, and I will pay back in spades! Share! Share! Share! PM me please if if interested

I have a ton of the stuff you mention here. I'm a bit unorganized with my collection right now and need to tackle it soon.

But, I'll PM you a blog where you can get most of this stuff at.

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure you check out Atreyu, they put on a good show, at least every time I have seen them they have.

:blink: Atreyu :wallbash: They really were very good. Nice, tight band. Probably the 2nd best band there. Anti Flag was great. I've seen them 3 times I think but yesterday they were the best. Love their political rants.

:blink: Atreyu :wallbash: They really were very good. Nice, tight band. Probably the 2nd best band there. Anti Flag was great. I've seen them 3 times I think but yesterday they were the best. Love their political rants.

Glad you enjoyed it, did the lead guitarist have the "blood covered" guitar with him, that thing is pretty sick.

One of the guitar Dan Jacobs of Atreyu uses.

I really need to start going to see more concerts/shows.

Glad you enjoyed it, did the lead guitarist have the "blood covered" guitar with him, that thing is pretty sick.

One of the guitar Dan Jacobs of Atreyu uses.

I really need to start going to see more concerts/shows.

Yup thats what he had. Honestly, on the Bon Jovi cover, they may have but I can't remember it. It was a long day in the sun with plenty of beer. Bands played from 11.30am until about 7pm . After that they had this huge tent(I think they called it the Sub Sonic Tent) playing a bunch of techno. Not really a techno fan but it sure sounded good at that stage of the game. Plenty of hot women there as well. We got out of there at about 10.30 I think.