Pats* Cheating Scandal. Are we really still that worked...

Bored or PO'ed?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. I am as angry about the Pats* cheating today as I was when it first came out.

• Strongly agree
    • Agree
    • Not sure
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  2. 2. Not much going on in the NFL, so that's why we are talking about it

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • Not sure
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  3. 3. If Walsh came forward during training camp, this story would be very important to me

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • Not sure
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree

I was writing another post and I thought about this topic. Warning: I'm being objective here. I wonder if ESPN, etc. and us for that matter, are simply using this story to fill space. So I tried to write these questions objectively as possible and see.

Last year they spent May-Mid July on Micheal Vick, and so did we, to a degree. Obviously this story is different because: we were already making fun of Mr. Mexico long before the dog fighting(still makes me mad) story came out, and, the Patriots are in our division and thinking that they have been getting over on us for the last 7 years while we have had some decent leads/games/teams pours gas on the fire. I want to know what everybody else thinks.

It's just a question, if I'm way off base, then that's that, but I wonder what the difference would have been if Walsh came forward after our second pre-season game. I wonder what will happen if something/someone else comes out about this around that time. Perhaps nothing, perhaps not. I strongly agree that I am angry about it, I'm not sure if it's the timing, how it would go later, hence this topic.

Nod to LSI:

Will that dominate the board, or will James Hardy's 2 TDs against Pittsburgh be way more important? :ph34r:

As stated repeatedly in other topics, much of the media is in bed with the NFL. The others wish they were, making the topic an uphill battle to unearth all the advantages this scandal provided the Pats*. Winter/Spring/Summer or Football season, this topic has legs, IMO.

It is a very dishonorable thing to do and they should be called cheaters.

The team is not nearly is as good as their local ESPN claims they are.

Brady is not as good of a QB as some of the media think.

The only reason it isn't more of a scandal is because Commissioner Goodell let them off very lightly.

The initial punishment was mild and given before the investigation was complete.

The head coach should have been suspended for at least a year.

Many are still angry about the light discipline.

While I voted "stongly agree" with the first statement, it's not exactly true. There needs to be another category:

"I am angrier about the Pats* cheating today than I was when it first came out."

yeah, considering when the whole story first broke. I was indifferent towards it. The more I learn, the angrier I become. Not at the Patriots players, or their fans, for reeling in saga, and trying to justify it. Nope I'm mad at the league for not coming foward with the information. Goodell backtracking, and the slap on the wrist penalty imposed to Belichick.

While I voted "stongly agree" with the first statement, it's not exactly true. There needs to be another category:

"I am angrier about the Pats* cheating today than I was when it first came out."

:blink:

For me, living in the commonwealth and having to deal with these yahoos day in, day out, it continues to fester my anger and frustration. If this were the Chiefs or some other club not in our division, or certainly not in my backyard, I don't think I'd be as adversely affected.

I HATE Boston sports. Unhealthy? You bet, but true as the day is long.

It is being talked about on talk radio all the time still. MANY in the media at first poo pooed the notion that Belicheat* & the Pats* got a big advantage from the tapes, NOW they are ALL saying it was a HUGE advantage & the Pats* Super Bowls are tainted. Ian Beckles (former OT for the Bucs & Eagles) called for Belichick* to be suspended on his show on WDAE this AM.