Bored? Look at this crap...

LOL you know nothing about anything if you think that. The majority of the top sportscasters and journalists in Canada have graduated from Ryerson's Journalism and Broadcasting programs.

The Score, TSN and CBC Sports, along with other local stations are just a few of the places Ryerson Journalism and Broadcasting alum work. Get with the times, bro.

A degree from Ryerson Journalism equals a sure fire job in the media industry when you graduate, that's a fact. Step out of your bubble.

If you are paying for your education...you need to ask for your money back. Any instructor that would give you 90% for the trite expressions and the use of foul language and contradictory quotes is cheating you. Moreover, you assertion that the majority of sportscasters and journalists in Canade have graduated from Ryerson's Journalism and Broadcasting programs is a slap in the face to Canadian media. You need to apologize to them.

hey

sachin seth here.

you guys should cool down. my facts are right. the stuff u think is wrong was changed by the sports editor who thought what he knew was right. i changed it back, changes should be up by tuesday.

Throwing a desker under the bus? My opinion of you just dropped even more. He changed essentially EVERY fact in your piece, yet ran it under your byline? Of course, that happens all the time.

And yes to the last post, i submitted it for grading, got a 90% and got is published in the campus paper. Ryerson is the best Journalism school in Canada so I think I know a bit more about reporting and the importance of truth in news than you all do.

You know what they say about the word "assume," right? There are working journalists and published authors on this board, including a Nebula Award winner.

So thanks for the nice wishes. And btw, your team is going to move. deal with it. Yea I know you are buffalo fans and you think it won't happen, you think RWS will be there forever and so will the Bills. They won't, they'll leave soon. Call me when you come up to T.O to watch a Bills game in a few years.

And cool it guys, douchebag isn't constructive criticism. If you want to show that you're civilized, act civilized.

"Fair" thee well, Mr. Seth. And don't neglect your studies.

P.S.: Western is better.

A Ryerson Journalism degree is equal to being Valedictorian of a Kentucky High School. They cant even teach you how to spell flavor or color corretly. In one short article, this clown had at minimum 4 facts wrong. Of course he could always try broadcasting, the word "eh" translates nicely to TV and radio, or not. Well, maybe Canadian TV and Radio, rabbit ears and tin cans with strings.

Throwing a desker under the bus? My opinion of you just dropped even more. He changed essentially EVERY fact in your piece, yet ran it under your byline? Of course, that happens all the time.

You know what they say about the word "assume," right? There are working journalists and published authors on this board, including a Nebula Award winner.

"Fair" thee well, Mr. Seth. And don't neglect your studies.

P.S.: Western is better.

:ph34r:

LOL you know nothing about anything if you think that. The majority of the top sportscasters and journalists in Canada have graduated from Ryerson's Journalism and Broadcasting programs.

The Score, TSN and CBC Sports, along with other local stations are just a few of the places Ryerson Journalism and Broadcasting alum work. Get with the times, bro.

A degree from Ryerson Journalism equals a sure fire job in the media industry when you graduate, that's a fact. Step out of your bubble.

:ph34r: Is that what the Ryerson recruiters told you?! Oops. Devry tells similar lies in their spam e-mails. Carleton, by the way, is the best school in Canada for journalism; Ryerson is little more than a glorified community college. If you insisted on getting an education in the city of Toronto, you should have at least gone to U of T. But judging by the writing quality in your Bills article (not to mention in your two posts here at TBD), I doubt you have the aptitude for U of T. And Lori (post #2 in this thread) already exposed your lack of journalistic ethics regarding those annoying details called "facts."

Sacchin Seth: just another dime-a-dozen journalism student who thinks a worthless degree, internet access and a suave metrosexual hairstyle (http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/sachinseth) will thrust open doors into the upper echelons of the media. Most likely, we will see you 10 years from now flipping burgers at a pit-stop fast food joint off of the QEW.

"Ralph Wilson wants to get rid of his Buffalo bills soon. Will Toronto be the victor in the bid for an NFL team?

Eighty-nine-year-old Buffalo Bills owner, Ralph Wilson, has stated that he does not want to sell his team until he passes, declaring that inheritance and estate taxes are simply too much for him to deal with."

So let's see. According to Skippy McJournalist, Ralph is going to keep the team until he dies, but wants to get rid of the team soon. OMG, somebody better check on Ralph! And be sure to hide the sharp silverware!

This line from Seths bio should explain everything.

http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/sachinseth

My name is Sachin Seth and I'm a second-year Journalism student at Ryerson University in Toronto. I've been interested in writing ever since the third grade, where my friends and I would write short stories about cultural phenomena like the Sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster to read to our classmates.

I had always been more interested in writing fiction over non-fiction, however being open to writing in all ways, I gave news stories a shot. In my final year of high-school I wrote my first article for the Toronto Star, which got published; I remember the feeling was unmatched. Up until then I had only had my family, friends and teachers tell me I was a good writer, but to see that a complete stranger (the editor at The Star) saw my writing as worthy of being in the newspaper, made me actually believe I had something (family and friends have to be nice right?). I kept writing for the Toronto Star every month and developed my love for journalism, namely new media, broadcasting and investigative. I applied to Ryerson and was accepted to a class of 150 from 2000+ applicants; the feeling of being accepted here was much like the feeling of being published for the first time.

Even with all this I've managed to keep my creative train chugging along the track, placing in several short story competitions and winning several poetry competitions. I am also near completing a full-length novel.

"I had always been more interested in writing fiction over non-fiction, however being open to writing in all ways, I gave news stories a shot. In my final year of high-school I wrote my first article for the Toronto Star, which got published; I remember the feeling was unmatched. Up until then I had only had my ....."

It took me about five seconds to find this writing sample of yours.-You have managed to create a disaster in two mere run-on sentences. Congratulations.

blah...blah...blah...

You might want to actually accomplish something before you start talking trash. Oh, and blaming the editor for your mistakes is weak.

Update: it appears the links no longer work - shocker.

:blink:

He probably learned a couple valuable lessons - don't throw the desk under the bus, check your article after it's posted to make sure that the "facts" you included were not changed or screwed up in formatting/posting (had that happen once - one missing word -- dropped in the cut and paste -- changed the whole context of a paragraph and article - good thing we caught it quickly and changed it online) and if you are going to write about the Bills, you damn sure better have your facts in order, or TBD will find it, will call you out and will expect it to be corrected ASAP.

Love me some Google cache.

:blink:

He probably learned a couple valuable lessons - don't throw the desk under the bus, check your article after it's posted to make sure that the "facts" you included were not changed or screwed up in formatting/posting (had that happen once - one missing word -- dropped in the cut and paste -- changed the whole context of a paragraph and article - good thing we caught it quickly and changed it online) and if you are going to write about the Bills, you damn sure better have your facts in order, or TBD will find it, will call you out and will expect it to be corrected ASAP.

Let's hope he DOES use this as a learning experience. Take your medicine, move on, and get better, Mr. Seth. And tone down the attitude, because there's a kid who thinks he's going to be the next Rick Reilly in every J-school on the continent.

Love me some Google cache.

Let's hope he DOES use this as a learning experience. Take your medicine, move on, and get better, Mr. Seth. And tone down the attitude, because there's a kid who thinks he's going to be the next Rick Reilly in every J-school on the continent.

I hope so, because not only is there someone in every J-school who thinks they are the next Reilly, but there are a lot who don't realize that pursuing a career in sports reporting means they will be probably initially be spending a lot of time on the desk taking phone results, or if they are lucky they get to chase down a prep athlete for a post-game interview after a blowout football game against a team in the middle of nowhere, and doing the interview equivalent of pulling teeth to get a coherent answer to simple questions. It usually takes a lot of "dues-paying" to get to the point where you can opine about whatever you damn well please in the sports world.