Available Free Agents.

I changed the Original Post...took out some guys who are too old, and took out the Restricted FA's since we can't sign them now anyways. I also added a little info on each player I like.

Let me know your thoughts on these players.

I REALLY would like the Bills to bring in Shane Olivea. He was the starting Right Guard for the Chargers, and he can play Center!!!

I think we could upgrade our safety position...and Cooper, Doss and Kennedy would all be very nice additions. I don't know who I would rather have.

From scout inc

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 67 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: He is the starting ROT and has been so since his rookie season. He is not a dominating player in any one phase, but has been a tough, durable and consistent starter for them. He has solid overall size for the position. He is a better run blocker then pass blocker. He has solid overall strength for the position. He does not have long arms for an OT, but he is physical in tight quarters. He likes to get in tight quarters and he can get a push. He has strong hands and arms to grab and control in-line. He is more of a short area player in the run game, but does flash the ability to pull effectively to the strong side. His initial quickness is just average and then does hinder him at times when he is trying to get to the cut-off block. He plays with good overall balance and body control but does not consistently find his blocks at the second level. He is a smart player who has solid instincts, but his foot quickness in space is just average. He can have some trouble on the edges versus a speed rusher. He has short arms for an OT and that allows blockers to get into his body first. He is a player that has really improved as a technician over the past few seasons. He does not really look the part of a ROT, but he has been solid for them. He is tough, durable, physical and competes every snap.

If the Bills were interested in any of those guys they'd probably already be on the team. It is possible their agents are being unreasonable and may come down in price but I think the Bills have already talked about those guys and have decided to pass. I think there will be mighty slim pickins after the June 1st cuts. The vast majority of teams aren't in any bad cap situation.

I believe it was starting RT, not G, and I don't think he can play center, but I'm not sure.

You are right, my bad. A couple places that I read information about him, said that he was a Guard. But, I just found this on him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Olivea

I like this part...

"Since being drafted in 2004, Olivea started 31 of 32 games in 2 seasons for the Bolts. In August of 2006, The Chargers rewarded Olivea with a 6-year, $20 million extension. The deal made him the sixth highest-paid right tackle in the NFL at the time. Due to his performance and his low draft position, Olivea is now considered to be one of the biggest draft steals in recent years."

He could definitely come in and replace Brad Butler. Although I think Butler is going to a very good Right Guard and he already is showing signs of promise, I think that Olivea would be an upgrade and improve our line.

Would it be that hard for someone like Butler or even Olivea to change from Guard to Center? Is the transformation that hard?

nice work, thank you! :ph34r:

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I tried very hard to gather useful information that I can post to help contribute.