Which is the best organization in professional sports?

In the NBA, it's San Antonio. Consistent winning, challenging for titles, beautiful arena that's only 5 years old.

NFL? Gotta be the Steelers, as much as it pains for me to say it. A close second would be Green Bay.

In baseball, which doesn't have a salary cap, I have to go with the Cardinals. Second would be the Angels (their owner's done a nice job with that team). The A's have been small-market models for most of this past decade, however. And the Indians nearly went to the Series last year with the 22nd highest payroll.

In hockey? Red Wings, hands down.

Overall best franchise? Spurs, followed by the Red Wings and Cardinals.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland will likely be ending their affiliation with the Bisons, but that is more for revenue and TV dollars (and a new stadium) that is waiting in Columbus, the capital of Ohio (and halfway between the rooting interests of the Indians and Reds.)

I've heard this is a done deal. Most people in Ohio seem to be Tribe fans these days, and I think this would be an excellent move for the Indians. As much as I hate to see them say bye-bye to Buffalo, this would be the right thing to do, long-term.

With that move, four of the Indians' farm clubs would be within a 2 1/2 hour drive from Cleveland (Columbus, Akron, Lake County, Mahoning Valley). I can certainly understand why the Tribe brass would want Columbus as their top farm club, and the new stadium (Huntington Park, about a block from Nationwide Arena) would be a bonus.

Can't really argue w/ the Red Wings, Steelers, Braves & Spurs votes.

The Packers don't belong IMO as their image is largely enhanced by the arbitrary timetable of their greatness coinciding with the merger. They were pretty awful thru the 70's & 80's which could be overlooked if they recently dominated reg. seasons as the Braves did for 14 years but they didn't. Mind you I'd root for GB over Pit in a SB in a heartbeat.

The Cardinals might deserve more consideration than I think. Perhaps I unfairly penalize them for their '06 team being up there w/ the '01 Patriots as the worst professional champions ever.

im from st. louis and I agree that the fans in St. Louis are very loyal towards their Cardinals no matter how bad or how good they are. I wish I could say the same for the Rams but the people are pretty fair weather when it comes to football. I hate the Rams either way though lol.

I am not sure I can participate in this conversation, all of my teams have been mismanged for a long time...some are showing signs of seeing the light though.

A well oiled, well run pro sports franchise hmmmmmm I nominate the Red Wings as much as it hurts being a Blackhawks fan. Reason are mentioned in a previous post.