Joe Horn request

Falcons WR Horn requests to be traded

Joe Horn has requested to be traded from the Falcons.

Horn, who has been removed from the starting lineup in favor of Laurent Robinson, says he doesn't want to be a "just-in-case guy" for Atlanta. We suspect that's the best he can do at this point, so he may be indirectly requesting the end of his career. May. 12 - 2:40 pm et

I know that Horn is way past his prime, but wouldn't he be a nice WR to nurture a young Hardy and the veteran leadership to the WR core. Give the falcons Ashton Youboty for him. hahaha :rolleyes:

Horn, who has been removed from the starting lineup in favor of Laurent Robinson, says he doesn't want to be a "just-in-case guy" for Atlanta. We suspect that's the best he can do at this point, so he may be indirectly requesting the end of his career. May. 12 - 2:40 pm et

I know that Horn is way past his prime, but wouldn't he be a nice WR to nurture a young Hardy and the veteran leadership to the WR core. Give the falcons Ashton Youboty for him. hahaha :rolleyes:

I think a guy like Horn would be a nice fit for our receiving corp. I don't think he is as far gone as Eric Moulds was, when he left Buffalo, and he is a good team guy. From the sounds of it, most of our current receivers are not real leader types...

If he can't even crack the horrible lineup in Atlanta, what makes anyone think he'd make it here? I'm sure you mean just as a mentor here, but that is exactly what he doesn't want to be. He wants to play. I wouldn't sit guys like Hardy, Roscoe, or even Reed down for Horn, he's just not good enough. Not to mention the fact he doesn't play special teams, and having him here would mean carrying 5 WR's and none on ST.

I wouldn't mind if he came out here just to show Lynch, Evans, Roscoe, Hardy, Reed, Mckelvin, Mcgee and then rest of the team how to celebrate after they score a touchdown via, run, pass, return, fumble or int. I would have to say when he did the cell phone under the field goal, that was pretty classic.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Eggles tried to work out a trade for him and a draft pick for Lito Sheppard. Whos gonna teach DeSean Jackson how to play the position, not Greg Lewis or Kevin Curtis (although I think Curtis is way underrated).

As for the comment about being second string in ATL, I really think he's subject to a team "going in a different direction" and his play was going to be sacrificed for younger, developmental talent. I am not sure if he's washed up or if he is still a legit threat at WR in the NFL?!?!

+

If he can't even crack the horrible lineup in Atlanta, what makes anyone think he'd make it here? I'm sure you mean just as a mentor here, but that is exactly what he doesn't want to be. He wants to play. I wouldn't sit guys like Hardy, Roscoe, or even Reed down for Horn, he's just not good enough. Not to mention the fact he doesn't play special teams, and having him here would mean carrying 5 WR's and none on ST.

= ans4e64 is exactly right.