Financial Help needed with Purchasing a new car

My question about that. First, you pay for EACH model of car you want their service on, correct? So I should be pretty sure between the one or two models I want?

Also, you got offers from 7 dealers? Didn't this require 7 hits on your credit? I'm very cognizant of my credit score now, and I wouldn't want 7 hard hits all at once.

I sent you a PM..

My question about that. First, you pay for EACH model of car you want their service on, correct? So I should be pretty sure between the one or two models I want?

Also, you got offers from 7 dealers? Didn't this require 7 hits on your credit? I'm very cognizant of my credit score now, and I wouldn't want 7 hard hits all at once.

BillsFanNC might have covered this in his PM, but from what I remember from my brief time at a Toyota dealership, you can "credit shop" for a vehicle or home loan within a certain time period where multiple inquiries to your credit don't ding your credit - they count it as one.

EDIT: Found this at bankrate.com:

LINK

When you're comparison shopping for a car loan or a home mortgage, multiple loan applications that are grouped together in a short period of time don't negatively impact your credit score. That's because it's obvious that you're comparison shopping and that you don't plan on taking out seven car loans -- or seven mortgages.

To keep comparison shopping from negatively impacting your credit score, the loan applications should be within the 30-day period prior to scoring. The myFICO.com Web site has a page devoted to credit inquiries that includes a section on comparison shopping and your credit score.

:thumbsup: I didn't want to say anything, but those are defintely lady SUVs.

Think those are bad? I actually just got back from the dealership and sat in a Nissan Rogue. The thing looks just like a Murano, just slightly smaller. Weird part is, (and I confirmed this with the specs online) is that it had the same headroom and legroom. Plus, its about 9-10 less than the Murano.