Dolphin trade for Booker

marck

It looks as though the Miami Dolphins have made another move that further closes the gap between them and other bottom feeders in the league by making the trade with the Bears.

Chicago gets a quality pass rusher who will team up with last year's 1st round pick Michael Haynes and the two penetration gap players they drafted this year in Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson to provide the beginnings of a fiece defense in Chi-town, while all the Dolphins got back is a used-up no speed posession WR and a draft pick they can screw up next year.

I appears the fins are really working on dredging themselves down to the level of the Chargers, Cardinals and 49ers as candidates for a high pick next year.

From where I see things, the next words out of Paul Tagliabue's mouth will be is "The Miami Dolphins are on the clock". Since this is only August 23rd, 2004, it means the Dolphins are just about the laughing stock of the league.

As a 40 year fan of the Bills let me say, I hope the fish simply rot and stink as they sink to the basement of the AFC East, the AFC as a conference and to the 32nd ranked team on the weekly team power ratings.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Life is good.

He was a one year wonder (sort of like our RB) and a malcontent (sort of like our RB) with unreasonable demands (sort of like our RB) and I'd rather Phish invest all that money into one player and waste it rather than trading him.

Marty Booker is a decent WR and he should help free up Chris Chambers a bit, but I think the Dolphins problems run far deeper then not having a solid #2 WR. The team itself looks like its in complete disarray, and the lack of a running game is something that I'm sure troubles many Fin fans. I've never been a person who will count out any team, so I'll reserve my giddy laughter over the Fins implosion until they come out of the gates with a THUD.

He was a one year wonder (sort of like our RB) and a malcontent (sort of like our RB) with unreasonable demands (sort of like our RB) and I'd rather Phish invest all that money into one player and waste it rather than trading him.

4924[/snapback]

Who was/is the one year wonder RB you are referring to? Travis has been solid for a couple of years. McGahee hasn't even had an offical NFL carry yet.

Marty Booker is a decent WR and he should help free up Chris Chambers a bit, but I think the Dolphins problems run far deeper then not having a solid #2 WR.  The team itself looks like its in complete disarray, and the lack of a running game is something that I'm sure troubles many Fin RBs.  I've never been a person who will count out any team, so I'll reserve my giddy laughter over the Fins implosion until they come out of the gates with a THUD.

4931[/snapback]

Yeah, Fiedler/Feely seem to need a solid RB more than a 2nd receiver. Those few years without a 1st round pick are taking their toll.

Who was/is the one year wonder RB you are referring to? Travis has been solid for a couple of years. McGahee hasn't even has an offical NFL carry yet.

4932[/snapback]

McGahee is who I was talking about who was a one year wonder in college.

I'm just as happy as the next guy to see Miami having all these problems, but I'll reserve my confident mockery until after the games have been played (and won, hopefully). As much as we have right now to mock the Fins about, i can't even imagine the torture if they somehow find a way to beat us this year.

Questions about Ogun-whatever's ability aside, they were faced with a guy who wasn't going to play, who no one wanted to sign away from them for a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Something is better than nothing. Booker is not a bum. I suspect they tried to pry away a RB from some team, so I assume nobody bit.

Questions about Ogun-whatever's ability aside, they were faced with a guy who wasn't going to play, who no one wanted to sign away from them for a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Something is better than nothing.  Booker is not a bum.  I suspect they tried to pry away a RB from some team, so I assume nobody bit.

4954[/snapback]

They may also package Booker with a pick to get a RB now. Booker was displeased to be traded; how much displeased will he to be traded again?

I guess you'd call Barry Sanders a one-year wonder coming out of college as well. If you were a stud on that Miami team, I don't think it is a fluke.

Marty Booker just turned 28....

"....Tied for 7th in the NFL with 249 receptions and ranks 14th in the NFL with 2,975 receiving yards over the last 3 years ... Has led Chicago in receptions, receiving yards, and TD catches each of the last 3 seasons, ...."

Not a bad number 2 receiver considering there are 64 starting wide receivers in the NFL... :rolleyes:

but that's because he had all those pro bowlers throwing him the rock.....

Just a hunch, but I bet the Dolphins were desperately trying to get Henry and were using Ogunleye and draft picks as bait. Rosenhaus knew this because Ogunleye is his client, got pissed at the Bills for not entertaining any talks to trade Travis and open the starting spot for his client. Thus, he tried creating a controversy last minute to spur a deal to get Travis to Miami. Less than 24 hours later, the Ogunleye trade was announced when the Bills didn't bite.

Just a hunch, but I bet the Dolphins were desperately trying to get Henry and were using Ogunleye and draft picks as bait.  Rosenhaus knew this because Ogunleye is his client, got pissed at the Bills for not entertaining any talks to trade Travis and open the starting spot for his client.  Thus, he tried creating a controversy last minute to spur a deal to get Travis to Miami.  Less than 24 hours later, the Ogunleye trade was announced when the Bills didn't bite.

5041[/snapback]

You may be onto something there.

Overall it does seem like an extremely bizzare move on the part of the Fins. Mary Booker is a SOLID receiver but that was really not their garing need right now. How many yards has Travis Minor picked up in the preseason? 10? How do you not get a runningback?

5031[/snapback]

C'mon, the Dolphins didn't have a running game the last time they went to the Super Bowl, and they did fine!

Duper/Clayton are comparable to Chambers/Booker. And Marino, he's just like, uh...

Yeah, the Fins are screwed.

Ok, so you're the Dolphins, what have you got:

Head Coach who looks like homeless guy: CHECK

Aging felonious defense: CHECK

Quarterback= Feeley or Fiedler is like asking if you'd prefer Peanut Butter and Jelly or Raisin Bran for your last meal on death row.

RB= [blank Space]

WRs=2 #2's, 0 #1's and absolutely NOTHING beyond those 2 guys(luckily they ahvea tight end who can both catch the ball AND beat the crap out of his wife, guys with multiple skills are hard to find these days.)

O-Line= stevestojan

Ladies and gentlemen: I present to you the recipe for disaster.

I like most Bills fans hate the fish but I honestly believe they had to make a move with their DE. Booker is a decent receiver and the fish needed some help on offense plus negotiations were going nowhere with Ogunleye.

Archived