Can't take another season of watching Kelsay get

1) Marv was great. He made no mistakes. It was a coincidence that he couldn't get a job anywhere else.

2) Whitner was quite the steal at #8. We needed him specifically, not a tradedown.

3) Drafting McCorner and Corner was a wonderful move, despite the UFA pickup, and decent existing cbs. Nothing else would have worked. Besides, "you can't have too many corners."

4) Only dummies worry about depth on the OL.

5) My particular favorite.....Jauron is a fine coach. In fact, he ranks up there with Coughlin. :flirt:

Many threads are being hijacked by the baton twirlers which is OK I suppose, but this board would lose much of it's flair if we all sat around and agreed with the opinions, let alone the naive wishes of a loud few.

Jmo.

I honestly think you have misinterpreted many posters here Bill. I think that most(if not all) who disagree with your views do not believe in nor promote the opposite to them......they simply do not agree with them.

1)I don't believe this.....but I do not believe the opposite to be true either.

2)I don't believe this.....but I do not believe the opposite to be true either.

3)I don't believe this.....but I do not believe the opposite to be true either.

4)I don't believe this.....but I do not believe the opposite to be true either.

5)I don't believe this.....but I do not believe the opposite to be true either.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Probably, cause most of the attention was on that Aaron schobel guy. I know it's simplistic, but the guy is not an edge rusher. He doesn't force throws. He's a hard working guy, with very little in the way of athletic skill. Doesn't hold up against the run. I wouldn't call 07 a down year. I'd call it what you can expect from Kelsay. Right in line with his 04/05 season. He doesn't force fumbles. He's not a pressure guy. He's not an edge rusher. He routinely gets killed on off end rushes. Despite his 6.5 sacks I wouldn't call that good. The guy has a terrible closing burst. Limited pass rushing moves, and is routinely late, and poor in pursuit.

Ryan Denney is every bit the player chris kelsay is. Maybe even a bit better. Denney is better against the run, is stronger, and has a better first step then Kelsay. At a much cheaper price tag. I'd almost go as far to say. That if the situations were reversed. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Ryan Denney making "Kelsay money", and Kelsay would be well worth "Ryan Denney" money.

2. Injuries might've played a factor in Odoms case. How do you explain that Justin Tuck, took the same kind of contract as Kelsay, and put up stats that Kelsay can't sniff, unless you were playing Madden, and put him thru training camp drills, and managed to get the 7 pt gold star? Some teams overvalue certain players. It happens.

The guy is average, and doesn't really offer much of anything you'd expect in a starter. God forbid Schobel get's injured, we'd have zero pass rush, unless Chris Ellis is super rookie. Good teams around the league generally have more then one pass rusher. Sadly the Bills who have a chance to be a good team, simply don't have that.

I'm completely on board with you, and I'll add that Kelsay also doesn't fit into a system that calls for speed and ahtleticism from its ends, relying on them to be the sole source of outside pressure.

But just to be fair...I've recently been re-watching last year's games, and was surprised that one of the biggest things that jumped out at me was how well Kelsay plays the run. He's probably the best against the run of any lineman who was on our roster last year. He seriously showed a knack for getting his hands on the runner behind the line. Thats where the motor comes into play, I think.

Doesn't mean he's a legit starting end. Just sayin'.