Biggest speeding ticket you got away with?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALWAYS go to court (well if you can)!

I had a number (actually 2... :beer: ) of them thrown out because the officer failed to show up...

Seemed the person representing the village (prosecutor I take) was irked when the officers didn't show.

:thumbsup::beer:

Depends where you live. Here in SLC, I went to court and they jacked up the price of the ticket and still made me pay. And I was told even if the officer was a no show, they would just re-schedule. I get the feeling that there was no way for me to get out of that ticket.

I can tell you about the luckiest speeding ticket I didn't get. This goes back quite a few years when I was driving back and forth from San Diego to Anaheim (85 miles approx.) on Saturday and Sunday mornings to get my Appraisers License. Anyhoo, it's early morning and I'm on the isolated part of I-5 passing Camp Pendleton, so I'm going about 100 to 110 mph thru this 5 lane each way section and I'm the only car on the road.

So out of no where a white Mercedes blows past me like I'm standing still, so he must have been going about 190 mph. Then about 2 seconds later a CHP blows by me like I'm standing still. I now slow down to a respectable 75 to 80 mph. I must have then driven another 40 miles when I see this white mercedes and the CHP pulled over on the side of the road close to San Juan Capistrano. The guy was going to go to jail for reckless driving, etc., 190 MPH on the freeway is a pretty serious offense. But that guy saved me from a 100 mph ticket.

Who arrested the Mercedes and did you the favor? Ponch or John?

Enquiring minds want to know... And were they on their bikes? Good thing those Kawasaki rice-burners could catch the true offender and not you.

:thumbsup:

One of my funniest memories and the weirdest ticket experience I ever had was a week before I left for college. I lived in a pretty rural part of PA near Delaware and I never saw a cop within 2-3 miles of our house in the 13 years I had lived there. However, we were near a lot of Park/Preserved Land so there was a Park Ranger who would show up every now and then in his Jeep.

So I'm heading to a friends house about 2 miles away to go swimming at around 1-2 pm and it's all back roads. I blow through a stop sign that no one ever stops at (middle of nowhere) and out of the corner of my eye, I see that damn Ranger about 40 yards down the intersecting road. I figure "Maybe he couldn't tell I didn't stop" so I floor it (in my oh so fast '85 528e :lol: ) and figure maybe I can get to my friend's house before he even realizes what I did. I get about a mile down the road when I see him flying up behind me with his lights on. Now we are on a country road surrounded by farms and nowhere to pull over. So I knew there was a parking lot for the park about 100 yards up so I signaled my hand like I would pull in there. He gets on his loudspeaker and says:

"PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY...DO NOT GO INTO THE PARKING LOT"

So I'm like wtf....so I just pull off onto this guys lawn and put it in park. That's when I realize I don't have my license because I was just going swimming and didnt think to bring my wallet. As I'm searching around, he gets on his loudspeaker again and says:

"STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND PUT BOTH HANDS OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW!"

I freeze and glance in my rearview and see that the guy has his hand on his gun. I'm like "uhhhh what's this crazy park ranger want??" So I'm comply and wait for him to cautiously approach my car. He asks me what I'm doing, where I'm from, why I'm not wearing a shirt and then finally for my license. So I explain to him I left it at my house a mile down the road and I can go back with him if necessary. He informs me that "if he felt like it" he could bust me for running a stop sign, reckless driving (65 in a 35) and driving without a license. Fair enough, I did all those things. So I tell him "Look, I'm leaving for college tomorrow, I'm sorry I messed up, just let me go and I promise you'll never see me again." So he stands back and stares at me pondering. Here's where it gets funny...He says "OK, I will let you go this one time, but now YOU are going to do something for ME." :lol:

Now I'm a little freaked out....I keep waiting to hear banjos in the background.

He says "I caught some of your friends in the park last weekend" (apparently all teenage males are "my friends"). He goes on "They had 'the pot' and liquor on them. I busted them good and now they are in a heap of trouble. You kids might have been able to pull that sht on the LAST park ranger, but not on my watch. So here's what you are going to do..."

And then, I swear to God, he leans in close and pulls his shades down and bit and half-whispers:

"Tell your friends about me. You tell them the Park Ranger's coming for them." (sounded just like Michael Keaton in the opening scene of Batman).

:lol::D:worthy: :worthy: :lol::D:(

I did everything in my power not to laugh and said quickly "yes sir, thanks again" and drove off as quick as I could. I never did see that guy again, but I will never forget him as long as I live.