A Few Things I Found...

I could not find anything on this information, but I think it is interesting...

1.) The Buffalo Bills are interested in QB Chris Leak.

- Free agent QB Chris Leak will participate in a three-day rookie camp with the Chiefs.

The former Florida signal caller spent training camp with the Bears last season before being cut. The Bills have also expressed interest in Leak, who was signed to play in the forthcoming All-American Football League. The AAFL will now begin its inaugural campaign in 2009. (Source - Charlotte Observer)

2.) The Indianapolis Colts have released C/G Dylan Gandy.

- Colts released C/G Dylan Gandy.

A low-profile move, but this is still a shocker. Gandy, a fourth-round pick from Texas Tech in 2005, started 14 games as a valued swingman the past three seasons. He was in line to start at left guard, but Indianapolis deemed Charlie Johnson and rookies Mike Pollak and Steve Justice more worthy. (Source - ESPN Insider).

3.) The Cincinnati Bengals have released LB Anthony Schlegal.

- Bengals waived LBs Anthony Schlegel and Roy Manning.

Schlegel was a disasterous first day pick two years ago by the Jets. Manning is a special teamer. Cincy has a lot of questions marks at linebacker, but also some depth of talent for the first time in a while. (Source - Rotoworld).

4.) The St. Louis Rams have released TE Dominique Byrd.

- Rams waived TE Dominique Byrd.

A third-round pick out of USC in 2006, Byrd could not get on the field behind Joe Klopfenstein, Randy McMichael, and Aaron Walker. He was also arrested in 2006 for striking a man in the face with a broken bottle at a bar, DUI in 2007, and was deactivated for the Rams' finale last season for missing a meeting. Byrd may not get another chance. (Source - St. Louis Post Dispatch).

1.) I think Chris Leak would be a nice backup Quarterback for us (2nd or 3rd stringer).

2.) Dylan Gandy, I believe, would be an upgrade over Melvin Fowler...would definitely be a VERY nice depth lineman. (I LOVE THIS IDEA!)

3.) Anthony Schlegal was an outstanding Linebacker at Ohio State...he is at least worth a look.

4.) Dominique Byrd was buried behind 2 good Tight Ends in St. Louis, and is certainly worth at least a look.

* These are just some ideas...I think all these players are worth a look. Leak could become a great backup. Gandy could be a solid starter. Schlegal could be a great special teams player and solid backup. Byrd could be a receiving threat, and people can change their behavior with a change of scenery.

** I would like it very much if the Bills brought these guys in for tryouts, at least for training camp...I bet Gandy and Byrd/Schelgal would stick.

*** Thoughts/Ideas???

1 more thing that I think is that WR Steve Johnson, WILL make the team AND be a HUGE surprise!!! He will move into our 3rd WR slot by the end of this season!

I could not find anything on this information, but I think it is interesting...

1.) The Buffalo Bills are interested in QB Chris Leak.

- Free agent QB Chris Leak will participate in a three-day rookie camp with the Chiefs.

The former Florida signal caller spent training camp with the Bears last season before being cut. The Bills have also expressed interest in Leak, who was signed to play in the forthcoming All-American Football League. The AAFL will now begin its inaugural campaign in 2009. (Source - Charlotte Observer)

2.) The Indianapolis Colts have released C/G Dylan Gandy.

- Colts released C/G Dylan Gandy.

A low-profile move, but this is still a shocker. Gandy, a fourth-round pick from Texas Tech in 2005, started 14 games as a valued swingman the past three seasons. He was in line to start at left guard, but Indianapolis deemed Charlie Johnson and rookies Mike Pollak and Steve Justice more worthy. (Source - ESPN Insider).

3.) The Cincinnati Bengals have released LB Anthony Schlegal.

- Bengals waived LBs Anthony Schlegel and Roy Manning.

Schlegel was a disasterous first day pick two years ago by the Jets. Manning is a special teamer. Cincy has a lot of questions marks at linebacker, but also some depth of talent for the first time in a while. (Source - Rotoworld).

4.) The St. Louis Rams have released TE Dominique Byrd.

- Rams waived TE Dominique Byrd.

A third-round pick out of USC in 2006, Byrd could not get on the field behind Joe Klopfenstein, Randy McMichael, and Aaron Walker. He was also arrested in 2006 for striking a man in the face with a broken bottle at a bar, DUI in 2007, and was deactivated for the Rams' finale last season for missing a meeting. Byrd may not get another chance. (Source - St. Louis Post Dispatch).

1.) I think Chris Leak would be a nice backup Quarterback for us (2nd or 3rd stringer).

2.) Dylan Gandy, I believe, would be an upgrade over Melvin Fowler...would definitely be a VERY nice depth lineman. (I LOVE THIS IDEA!)

3.) Anthony Schlegal was an outstanding Linebacker at Ohio State...he is at least worth a look.

4.) Dominique Byrd was buried behind 2 good Tight Ends in St. Louis, and is certainly worth at least a look.

* These are just some ideas...I think all these players are worth a look. Leak could become a great backup. Gandy could be a solid starter. Schlegal could be a great special teams player and solid backup. Byrd could be a receiving threat, and people can change their behavior with a change of scenery.

** I would like it very much if the Bills brought these guys in for tryouts, at least for training camp...I bet Gandy and Byrd/Schelgal would stick.

*** Thoughts/Ideas???

1 more thing that I think is that WR Steve Johnson, WILL make the team AND be a HUGE surprise!!! He will move into our 3rd WR slot by the end of this season!

1) Chris Leak is an AFL QB will not play in the NFL 2) Worth a look 3) worth a look 4) NO WAY the Bills look at this guy.

I like Chris Leak but no way as a second stringer. Camp arm maybe. As for the guard "deemed to start" but passed over by three guys? Whittle is our valued swingman. No way on anyone who slashes someone with a broken beer bottle. I do like Steve Johnson and would not be shocked if he makes the final 53.

I like Chris Leak but no way as a second stringer. Camp arm maybe. As for the guard "deemed to start" but passed over by three guys? Whittle is our valued swingman. No way on anyone who slashes someone with a broken beer bottle. I do like Steve Johnson and would not be shocked if he makes the final 53.

Dylan Gandy started for the Indianapolis Colts...makes me think, who is Jason Whittle and why is he "VALUED?"

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=316

Gandy and Schlegal are worth a look. Chris Leak was overrated going into college and it showed. He was not very good at Florida, and he won't be any good for us. Byrd was actually seen stabbing or trying to stab someone with a broken beer bottle. I believe that destroys him in the character department, even if the Bills would have been inclined to take a look at him.

You're right. That national championship showed me how overrated he really was.

Yeah, Chris Leak played horrible at Florida, where he was Team Captain for 3 out of his 4 years on the team. Although, he was a Heisman candidate at one point and is a National Champion. He won 3 consecutive High School State Championships, and was nearly perfect with only 1 loss. He set and still holds many North Carolina state records, and the National Record for most TD's in a high school career. In college, he was on SEC Academic Honor Roll every semester, and he also broke and still holds many University of Florida and SEC records as a Quarterback. Everything he did in his Florida career, he did so while having to adjust to 3 different Offensive Coordinators. Everything he accomplished in his Senior season, he did so against the hardest and strongest schedule in the nation! He was a Keynote Speaker at the University of Florida's graduation ceremony, an honor only a handful of students get due to their academic achievements. Also, he volunteers to work with children that are not well-off and he is very active within the communities in which he has lived in. He is very mature and excepts his responsibilities. He seems like a great person and probably plays with a chip on his shoulder.(Read about him!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Leak

He also won the Hall Trophy in 2002, which is awarded to the Most Outstanding High School Football Player in the nation, meaning it is basically the equivalent to the Heisman Trophy of High School Football. (Who else won this award?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_Trophy

In 2003, he set a SEC Freshman record for wins, and he was named to the All-SEC Freshman Team and Rival.com All-Freshman Team.

He also won the Pete Dawkins Trophy in 2003, which is awarded to the MVP of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. (Who else won this award?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Dawkins_Trophy

He also won the MVP in the SEC Championship game and the BCS National Championship game in 2007. (Who else won this award?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_National_Championship

He was also a Draddy Trophy finalist in 2007, known as the Academic Heisman for college athletes. (Who else won this award?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draddy_Trophy

*This guy is a TEAM PLAYER and portrays the definition of HIGH CHARACTER! I would say that he has the potential and talent to be just as good as J.P. Losman.

Gandy and Schlegal are worth a look.

Those are the 2 that I would like to take a look at the most! I think Gandy would be a great/strong addition to our line and he has also been a long-snapper, which would be a signing that could fill and upgrade 2 positions, because Ryan Neill is not much of a Defensive End. Schlegal would be a great backup, and could eventually move into a starting spot, or at least contribute as a key role-player. He has been compared to Chris Spielman and has averaged 7 tackles a game over his entire football playing career. He loves the game of football and is a very hard worker that gives 300%, only settling for the best. Many say that out of the "TRIO" at Ohio State his senior season, there was not much drop off between Carpenter, Laurainitis and Schlegel. He was the "Free Spirit" and "Heart and Soul" of that defense that year, which was one of the best in the nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Gandy

http://www.anthonyschlegel.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Schlegel

*I would really like the Bills to bring in Schlegel, and to also sign Bobby Carpenter if the Cowboys cut him, which is very likely. Both of these guys would provide much better depth on defense and special teams, over Bowen, Brockington, Banks and even Ellison (IMO). Schelgel, POZ, Carpenter would make a very strong, aggressive and young Trio of backers for the future, to replace Mitchell and Crowell if or when we lose them.