Scandal or Not?

WWVaBeach

Appears that I am the lone voice here but I can understand the outrage. She is a 15 year old but you would not be able to tell that from her make-up, the excessive lip-gloss and the skanky look in her eyes (especially the ruffled hair, just had great s** pic). My issue is that there are sufficient number of females of legal age who can do these shoots. Why do it with a 15-year old who arguably has not fully matured mentally yet ?

Secondly, her parents are the real culprits here who accompanied her to the session and perhaps approved of the pictures.

I see the nonchalance towards these pictures as a symptom of the slow decaying of morals in society. Shame on Vanity Fair and Ms Liebovitz (sp?) for taking & publishing pictures of a young teen celebrity. The funny thing is that Miley Cyrus had some other private pictures over the web with her in underwear. My 13 year old daughter brought it to my attention with apparent disapproval. I could see my daughter's interest in Miley slowly erode after seeing those pictures.

Hannah Montana is a brand-name and a very successful one at that. Her celebrity father should have had the good sense to keep her demeanour and her public exposure controlled. I will hate to see another precocious teen go the Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears way.

I think that was it. :thumbsup:

It was about 11 or 12 years ago, so the time frame's about right.

I was at that bar about a year or so after that happened. A buddy of mine who lives there told me that was where it "allegedly" happened.

:D (in honor of the now suspended LSI)

Appears that I am the lone voice here but I can understand the outrage. She is a 15 year old but you would not be able to tell that from her make-up, the excessive lip-gloss and the skanky look in her eyes (especially the ruffled hair, just had great s** pic). My issue is that there are sufficient number of females of legal age who can do these shoots. Why do it with a 15-year old who arguably has not fully matured mentally yet ?

Secondly, her parents are the real culprits here who accompanied her to the session and perhaps approved of the pictures.

I see the nonchalance towards these pictures as a symptom of the slow decaying of morals in society. Shame on Vanity Fair and Ms Liebovitz (sp?) for taking & publishing pictures of a young teen celebrity. The funny thing is that Miley Cyrus had some other private pictures over the web with her in underwear. My 13 year old daughter brought it to my attention with apparent disapproval. I could see my daughter's interest in Miley slowly erode after seeing those pictures.

Hannah Montana is a brand-name and a very successful one at that. Her celebrity father should have had the good sense to keep her demeanour and her public exposure controlled. I will hate to see another precocious teen go the Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears way.

see my post in this thread. I concur

Much ado about nothing. The picture in the article doesn't show the whole picture but it's not bad. In fact CNN showed the complete picture on the air. BFD. The only reason these things get as big as they are is all the stupid "outrage" by people. If she was making out with Roger Clemens in the picture I could understand but it's an artistic picture. BFD get over it. If it had been ignored nobody would have had a "negative" outcome due to this picture.

Isn't she a little old for Roger Clemens.....

Wow great assessment. Interesting to also hear it from your daughter's perspective. What's amazing to me is Disney is slamming VF & AL for taking advantage of a 15 yo. Hasn't that been what Disney has been doing all along?