7 Bust Bound Draftees!

1.) Andre Woodson (QB, Kentucky) - Teams do not have the patience or time to reconstruct Woodson's throwing technique and fundamentals. His footwork is bad, and he has a hitch at the top of his throwing motion, which hurts his accuracy.

2.) DeSean Jackson (WR, California) - Has an ego and will run his mouths at times. Unless the become dominant like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, problematic receivers rarely survive in the NFL.

3.) JAMES HARDY (WR, INDIANA) - Hardy is a tall receiver with excellent hands and the athleticism to be an impact player in the NFL. However, he has been involved in major off-field issues and succeeding in the NFL usually requires maturity, character and work ethic.

4.) Fred Davis (TE, USC) - Tight Ends who lack good height often struggle to become big-time receivers in the NFL.

5.) King Dunlap (OT, Auburn) - Played with a lack of intensity and passion, which led to being benched in favor of a freshman. History has shown that most players who shut down for their senior season rarely return to their previous level.

6.) Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida) - Does not play with an aggressive mentality, and it shows in his lack of overall production. If he fails to improve his intensity, Harvey is unlikely to reach his potential in the NFL.

I would say that ALL of these players went to teams that can deal with and/or fix the problems that each player has.

Andre Woodson went to the Giants, who have a Franchise Quarterback and CAN be patient and take time to develop Woodson.

DeSean Jackson went to the Eagles, who have Donovan McNabb and other leaders that will keep this youngster in check.

JAMES HARDY went to the BILLS, who pride themselves in character and sportsmanship...he will be on good behavior.

Fred Davis went to the Redskins, who have already been successful with a smaller Tight End in Chris Cooley...Davis is insurance for Cooley.

King Dunlap went to the Eagles, who have churned out decent quality Offensive Linemen...he will improve.

Derrick Harvey went to the Jaguars, who have a Top-Flight Defense that will make him more intense and aggressive.

Does anybody think we should be worried about James Hardy? Personally, I think he is going to be an All-Pro in this league!

JAMES HARDY went to the BILLS, who pride themselves in character and sportsmanship...he will be on good behavior.

Does anybody think we should be worried about James Hardy? Personally, I think he is going to be an All-Pro in this league!

Absolutely not...I wouldn't necessarily characterize the incident Hardy was involved in as "major." Obviously it was a big no-no as any domestic abuse allegations are, but Hardy did whole-heartedly admit fault when asked about it, he was a kid when it happened, and the alleged victim later dropped all charges. I don't think that incident, which happened when the kid was what? 19, 20 years old should derail his chances when F'in Ray Lewis is implicated as an accomplice to murder while he was a pro, and, once he was cleared, the entire league re-embraces him immediately afterwards because he's the "heart" of his particular team and helped them win a Super Bowl.

This list is lame - DeSean Jackson will be a bust because he runs his mouth? Hell, Freddie Mitchell got kept around for a few years, and Keyshawn Johnson played for four teams. Who wrote this>

I'll take it further, List all of the WR's who talk trash, then list all of the WR's who don't. Guess which list would be shorter.

5.) King Dunlap (OT, Auburn) - Played with a lack of intensity and passion, which led to being benched in favor of a freshman. History has shown that most players who shut down for their senior season rarely return to their previous level.

I'm not sure if I buy this list, especially this one. King got beat out be a true freshman. If he fails in the NFL he will be a bust? I don't get it? Could the expectations for him be any lower? That makes him a bust potential???

On Hardy, he's in a good spot. He's not excepted to walk in and be "the man" but history tells us that a good chunk of the Hardy, D. Thomas, L. Sweed, M. Kelly, Donnie Avery (lol), Jordy Nelson group will bust out

1.) Andre Woodson (QB, Kentucky) - Teams do not have the patience or time to reconstruct Woodson's throwing technique and fundamentals. His footwork is bad, and he has a hitch at the top of his throwing motion, which hurts his accuracy.

2.) DeSean Jackson (WR, California) - Has an ego and will run his mouths at times. Unless the become dominant like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, problematic receivers rarely survive in the NFL.

3.) JAMES HARDY (WR, INDIANA) - Hardy is a tall receiver with excellent hands and the athleticism to be an impact player in the NFL. However, he has been involved in major off-field issues and succeeding in the NFL usually requires maturity, character and work ethic.

4.) Fred Davis (TE, USC) - Tight Ends who lack good height often struggle to become big-time receivers in the NFL.

6.) Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida) - Does not play with an aggressive mentality, and it shows in his lack of overall production. If he fails to improve his intensity, Harvey is unlikely to reach his potential in the NFL.

I would say that ALL of these players went to teams that can deal with and/or fix the problems that each player has.

Andre Woodson went to the Giants, who have a Franchise Quarterback and CAN be patient and take time to develop Woodson.

DeSean Jackson went to the Eagles, who have Donovan McNabb and other leaders that will keep this youngster in check.

Fred Davis went to the Redskins, who have already been successful with a smaller Tight End in Chris Cooley...Davis is insurance for Cooley.

King Dunlap went to the Eagles, who have churned out decent quality Offensive Linemen...he will improve.

Derrick Harvey went to the Jaguars, who have a Top-Flight Defense that will make him more intense and aggressive.

These days, it seems every other player has "character issues" so there is no guarantee with Hardy. Yet, his problem was, I think, 2-3 years ago. He has dealt with it and has had no problems since so there is reason to be encouraged. The fact is that without that issue, he wouldn't have been there for us to take in the second. I wrote a post before the draft defending the idea of taking Hardy despite the domestic incident. I felt then that teams should do their homework on him but should not cross him off their boards automatically. Doing so prevents you from taking advantage of a guy dropping into your lap way later in the draft than he should given his ability. It can be worth taking that gamble. The balancing test is the opportunity of getting a top notch WR who fills your needs to a "T" in the second round vs. maybe wasting a pick on a character nightmare. I thought Thomas was too small for what we were looking for and he only had one big year. Sweed and Hardy were the two that fit the bill for us and pretty clearly, lots of teams had questions about Sweed.

Not to blow my own horn but I did say we were going CB, WR, best pass rusher available. A prediction I made based on which three positions sucked the most for us. I call it the "suckiness theory" of draft analysis. I thought it would be Hardy or Sweed at WR but I had no clue that Leodis was going to drop to us but as soon as Atlanta took Ryan, it was clear a couple guys were going to get knocked back a slot or two. For now it is all on paper but I have to say, the top 2-3 picks couldn't have worked out much better for us.

Consider how may thought we would take the top CB at 11 and then try to trade back in to the end of the first or top of the second to get a WR like Thomas, Hardy or Sweed. A lot of people also wanted us to trade down to essentially get the same result, a first round CB and round 1/2 WR. Well, we didn't have to do any of that and we got the top rated CB when most of us thought there would be at least one CB, likely Leodis, gone before we picked. And we still got one of the WR we had targeted. Hardy, minus the character thing, probably would have been the one WR taken in the first.

On paper anyway, the draft went very, very well. The only complaint I have is the TE position which we have repeatedly ignored for so many years I have lost count. I guess they really like Schouman.