My take on the draft

Dan

Trent Edwards?

yea, why not list EVERY player that has been a late round rookie starter? Plus I wouldn't call him a great rookie success, he is more like a nice developing player

I said it HAPPENS, but RARELY!

And he was a VALUE pick!, Exactly what everyone is complaining about. They wanted to get a rookie starting TE and center in the 4th round, that change the offense into a juggernaut.

I wouldn't say you should "expect" a first year impact player in round 3, but that being said, there are certainly ones out there. Seems like we went for depth when we could have addressed potential starter needs...

Do you think they felt "well, this guy could start at TE and transform our offense, but we need some special teamers"? They took the guys the thought would be good players. Most later rd guys don't end up starting, or even stay in the league. they are looking for guys that are good enough to be pros.

The Bills FO did a great job on the second day. Maybe they like the guys that were brought in via free agency. We have like six TEs and I am sure they think that at least one is going to pan out besides RR. What holes were going to filled on the second day of the draft ? NONE ! We picked guys with good character and added some special team depth. I think the scouts had allot of pull in this draft and there opinion was valued.

Everyone acts like we missed out on next coming of Jesus !

My preference would have been to trade up from that #114 spot to pick Jermichael Finley, who went to Green Bay late in R3. And maybe Derek Fine is better than I think, but I'd just like to see them try a quality prospect in the first couple of rounds at that position for a change.

I agree with you on this point. I don't know how good the 3rd round + TEs are but it appears that we waited around and when our turn came, picked who we thought would be adequate. As opposed to trading up and grabbing someone we needed. Granted, this is pure speculation but this incessant desire to add depth to the D is at the expense of similar attention to the O. A more balanced focus would have been nice. I am by no means trashing the entire draft but simply observing that the relative inattention to the O throughout this off-season has been frustrating.