7th Round Selection: Kennard Cox CB PITT

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential special teamer or practice squad body. Not much info out there about him. His pro day workout:

"ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.14 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.81 seconds. He measured a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-8 broad jump and completed 17 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press."

http://www.kffl.com/player/19449/NFL

These numbers are as good as any high round picks corners. Many teams are picking multiple corners. Since he is a 7th round pick, who cares?

Some more info:

http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/..._kennard00.html

2007 Scouting Report: A returning asset in the secondary after starting every game at cornerback a year ago...is a physical player whose size is a major advantage in both press coverage and run support...very energetic and has an appetite for contact...will man the starting boundary corner position.

2006: Enjoyed a breakthrough season as a junior when he was named the team's Most Improved Defensive Player...started all 12 games at cornerback...team's fourth-leading tackler with 51 stops...tied for team lead with seven pass breakups...had one INT...had a career-high 11 tackles, including a three-yard TFL on a fourth-and-one play from the Pitt 26 at Connecticut...also slapped a punt out of the end zone that Pitt downed at the UConn 2...had eight tackles vs. Syracuse...had his first career INT late in the first half at Cincinnati, which Pitt parlayed into the game's first score...also had five tackles vs. the Bearcats...had six tackles and two PBUs vs. Louisville...had five tackles and a forced fumble against Toledo...was named a recipient of the Ed Conway Award as one of the team's most improved players during spring drills.

2005: A special teams contributor and chief reserve at cornerback...played in all 11 games...had four tackles on the year...coaching staff's Special Teams Player of the Game for the Syracuse contest...had two tackles and downed a punt at the Orange 2.

2004: Lettered on special teams and provided depth at cornerback in his first active season...played in all 12 games and had 11 tackles...had a season-high three tackles at Connecticut.

2003: Redshirted as a true freshman.

http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/.../042708aaa.html

Cox, a Miami, Fla., native, started the final 24 games of his career, concluding his time at Pitt with 98 tackles. In 2006, he was named the Panthers' Most Improved Defensive Player. In 2007, he helped lead the Pitt defense to a No. 5 ranking in total defense in the country, giving up just 297.67 yards per game, while Pitt's pass defense was ranked third (167.25 yards/game).

"I think it's a great thing," Cox told Chris Brown of buffalobills.com. "I'm just blessed that they decided to use a pick on me. I wasn't expecting the weekend to be this long, but you've got to be patient sometimes. You've got to wait your turn and Buffalo was my turn."