OT - I danced with a Titans/Oilers fan

aussiew

Had a great time last night during "Girls Night Out" I met this cute guy and we hit it off really well. He was excited to hear of my interest in football because it bugs him that so many women in Dallas aren't into pro football. So I tell him about my "favorite" team and he goes wacko on me and tells me he was born and raised in Houston and how the whole city was devistated by the comeback game. Some of the stories he told me about the reaction of the local fans were amazing. When I told him I was actually at the game, he could hardly believe it, then he said that the Music City miracle was our payback for the missed penalties during the comeback game.

It was so NICE to meet a guy who wasn't a fairweather Cowboys fan.

And yes LA, I did kiss him in the parking lot and he DID ask for my number.

Guest Barrett Noble

aussiew, one of my best friends is from Buffalo (the real member; I'm just a guest) and so he has heard all of my stories about Bills-Houston or Bills-Cowboys. I don't know you, but I think that you are amazingly sexy to know the differences. My number is 479-871-3873. Please, no prank calls for the rest of you.

All my Houston friends go ballistic when that game comes up and basically any time someone screws something up there's a good chance of hearing a "93 Oilers" reference. It's their version of "Wide Right."

I had never heard the Music City Miracle as being our payback for that game before I moved to Texas (over a year ago) but I guess a lot of Oiler/Texan fans see it that way. Not that it really makes them feel any better as they lost the team the year it went to the Super Bowl but whatever.

Houston is a lot like Buffalo when it comes to sports. That said, Go Astros!

Sorry to change the subject...

Just where in Dallas are you,Aussiew ???

The reason I am asking is I have a son attending school in Arlington...to me it's all Dallas....

Sprawl...Grand Prarie,Irving,Grapevine,Arlington...Hard to tell where one begins and the other ends...

Next time I am in said sprawl...any chance of getting together for drinks and swapping WNY war stories???

Send maps...

Had a great time last night during "Girls Night Out"  I met this cute guy and we hit it off really well. He was excited to hear of my interest in football because it bugs him that so many women in Dallas aren't into pro football. So I tell him about my "favorite" team and he goes wacko on me and tells me he was born and raised in Houston and how the whole city was devistated by the comeback game.  Some of the stories he told me about the reaction of the local fans were amazing. When I told him I was actually at the game, he could hardly believe it, then he said that the Music City miracle was our payback for the missed penalties during the comeback game.

It was so NICE to meet a guy who wasn't a fairweather Cowboys fan.

And yes LA, I did kiss him in the parking lot and he DID ask for my number.

72373[/snapback]

did he ask for your number in the parking lot, or the next morning? :D

I danced with a Titans/Oilers fan from Houston

Yeah, well I married one! :D

But I'm also pleased to report that the conversion has been successful, she's now a full-fledged Bills fan- On her way into the shower this morning she was singing the Shout Song!!!!! :unsure:

Yeah, well I married one! :D

But I'm also pleased to report that the conversion has been successful, she's now a full-fledged Bills fan- On her way into the shower this morning she was singing the Shout Song!!!!! :unsure:

72549[/snapback]

You dog you...nothing says "I love you" like nookie in the mornin'

I married a Dallas fan. But she learned to love screaming at the Bills just as much as I.

Just where in Dallas are you,Aussiew ???

Just north of Dallas in Carrollton. About 20 minutes from Arlington. I love to meet up with fellow fans. I just watched the Pats game 2 weeks ago at a sports bar with the President of the Portland Bills Backer. So be sure to let me know when you guys are visiting.

"Damn woman, you have incredible lips - would you give me your phone number?"

72712[/snapback]

I absolutely, positively MUST refrain from making a wiseass comment about this.

Look, Aussie...I understand there was some tongue-swapping and phone number swapping going on here, but before he gets too attached to you, I think in all fairness you should show him the riding crop early on in this relationship.

YupiieKayaaaa mudderfugger. Save a horse, ride a cowboy. :D