Hardy = JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams???

Pittsburgh historically drafts well. If he's good enough for them, chances are he'll be just fine.

You do know that had Mendenhall not been on the board at there pick they had Hardy next on there board....So you shouldnt be worried....We just drafted Plaxico 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked they passed on Sweed for him. Character issues aside, Sweed was ranked higher in almost all literature we saw before the draft. Sweed generally considered more polished.

The scouting reports I've read mention Hardy's effort is questionable, he's soft when going across the middle, and he has trouble getting off the press. And with his tall frame and long stride, separation at the NFL level may be a problem. Sounds eerily like JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams' problems. We'll see.

Hardy has 4.4 speed. That was (IMHO) the reason he was drafted by the Bills. Oh and he is 6'5"

I was shocked they passed on Sweed for him. Character issues aside, Sweed was ranked higher in almost all literature we saw before the draft. Sweed generally considered more polished.

The scouting reports I've read mention Hardy's effort is questionable, he's soft when going across the middle, and he has trouble getting off the press. And with his tall frame and long stride, separation at the NFL level may be a problem. Sounds eerily like JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams' problems. We'll see.

they all had problems getting off the press, those rankings mean jack sh*t- after interviewing him they dismissed his chracter issues, He's 6'6" real fast with great hands, there has to be something there to polish

would you rather have 2 youboty's or 1 asante samuel. CB is a hard position to find elite players, i think leodis will be a stud... just my opinion, i couldnt believe NE passed on him, they must have saw a more glaring need at LB with the age situation.

Why do you think he'll be a stud? Is it from personally watching him play? How many times have you seen Troy play?

I'll admit, I know pretty much nothing of Leodis (did anybody before the combine?) - but in the two highlight reels I've seen of the guy I haven't seen a single instance of him in tight coverage breaking up a pass - it's all easy INTs from poorly thrown balls or ST returns. My immediate thought (which I fully admit is an uninformed one) was "did the Bills just draft the 2008 version of Ted Ginn Jr.?" Then again, I'm almost certain that this is just a case of the editors of those highlight reels selecting the most "electrifying" plays he could instead of one's that illustrate how well he plays CB.