Pro Football Weekly's Final Mock Draft

If we dont come away with a WR in the first round, its a MAJOR disapointment for the Bills.......

Did anyone see that offense last year? Cause it was pretty ugly!

According to that mock, only Kelly wasn't selected int he 1st, but I doubt he falls to us at 41. All the other big WR's seem to be off the board by about pick 24 or so in most mocks, so if we want that 1st tier big WR (Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, Hardy) then I'd agree we need to get him somewhere in the 1st. Only someone like a Jordy Nelson will be available to us at 41. And if they select CB at 11, then the cost would be too high to move back into the 1st round to get WR. I think an attempt to trade down and then Thomas is ultimately what they do. A nice cover 2 CB can be had in round 2.

If we dont come away with a WR in the first round, its a MAJOR disapointment for the Bills.......

I completely disagree. Just because we have a need, doens't mean we have to address it with sub par players. If McKelvin is there at #11, I guarantee you the Bills take him.

I completely disagree. Just because we have a need, doens't mean we have to address it with sub par players. If McKelvin is there at #11, I guarantee you the Bills take him.

If the top three WRs are all gone at pick 24, why are they 'sub par'?

Did you watch the whole game and see the defense, also? Pretty bad.

If the top three WRs are all gone at pick 24, why are they 'sub par'?

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean if they are picked by 24 then by virtue of the pick drafted they are good players?

I just don't think there is a big drop off between the first round WRs (or those projected to go in the first) and those up and through the 3rd round. I think Jordy Nelson or even Paul Hubbard could be just as good or better than Hardy and fit the big receiver we covet. So why should we reach in the first when a better value is in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. And by not reaching for a WR in the first, we can take a stud defensive player.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean if they are picked by 24 then by virtue of the pick drafted they are good players?

I just don't think there is a big drop off between the first round WRs (or those projected to go in the first) and those up and through the 3rd round. I think Jordy Nelson or even Paul Hubbard could be just as good or better than Hardy and fit the big receiver we covet. So why should we reach in the first when a better value is in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. And by not reaching for a WR in the first, we can take a stud defensive player.

The point is, if these guys all go in the top 25 picks, they're probably better than you give them credit for.

But assuming they're not, why bother picking Nelson or Hubbard, either? If the guys above them in the draft order can't play, why should guys regarded as lesser prospects be able to?

IMO, if the Bills skip the position in R1, they probably shouldn't even bother drafting a WR until the 2nd day. I think all of those guys in the 2nd tier of WRs this year will struggle to ever beat out Parrish/Reed for the #2 spot. Given that, I'd rather just take a couple of receivers late and hope for the best. TE would be my R2 target if they go defense in R1.

The point is, if these guys all go in the top 25 picks, they're probably better than you give them credit for.

But assuming they're not, why bother picking Nelson or Hubbard, either? If the guys above them in the draft order can't play, why should guys regarded as lesser prospects be able to?

IMO, if the Bills skip the position in R1, they probably shouldn't even bother drafting a WR until the 2nd day. I think all of those guys in the 2nd tier of WRs this year will struggle to ever beat out Parrish/Reed for the #2 spot. Given that, I'd rather just take a couple of receivers late and hope for the best. TE would be my R2 target if they go defense in R1.

Yea there has never been a bust inside the top 25, every player drafted in the top 25 picks goes on to have a Pro Bowl/Great/Good career, give me a break :thumbsup:

While I have been a strong proponent of us going WR in round one, the value is truly in round two.

Although risky, it may be the best COA for us to go CB first and then WR, either by waiting or trading up a bit.

Ultimately I think we'll trade down and go WR, which is wise.

Personally I want us to draft James Hardy in round one, don't care where.

While I have been a strong proponent of us going WR in round one, the value is truly in round two.

Although risky, it may be the best COA for us to go CB first and then WR, either by waiting or trading up a bit.

Ultimately I think we'll trade down and go WR, which is wise.

Personally I want us to draft James Hardy in round one, don't care where.

I would love Hardy as well. We can move down. But if we stay at 11, I'll be super-pissed if we take any corner. I rather draft Rivers/Harvey and move up in a trade to a late first a la McCargo and grab Hardy. Then get your TE or Pollak in the third. Bravissimo.