Is Shockey coming to Buffalo?

timmyk12

Bob Valvano reported that Shockey could be coming to Buffalo for a 2nd, 4th, and a conditional pick. Can't find any documentation online, but i was with a friend and both of us heard this and we are both sober. Valvano was commenting on how he thought Shockey would end up in New Orleans.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Saints were trying to get him. They were offering a second but the G-men wanted more. And apparently some folks in the Saints' FO don't want to offer more than a third or fourth. So the Saints brass is split.

I hope he comes to Buffalo. I'm all for it. He would open up our offence. A second and a fourth? I say do it.

This is what ESPN web sight was posting 3 hours ago-

pdated: April 25, 2008, 10:58 PM ET

* Comment

* Email

* Print

Where's Jeremy Shockey? Still a member of the New York Giants.

New Orleans's apparent deal for tight end Jeremy Shockey has hit a delay because of the Giants' demand for more than a No. 2 draft pick for the former Pro Bowler, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

The Saints have been debating offering a No. 2 pick, according to sources, but some in the organization would prefer including no more than a No. 3 pick. New Orleans officials' reluctance makes the deal, which could get done on the draft-day clock or Saturday morning before the draft, difficult to pull off.

The Giants have already conducted a physical on Shockey, which could be offered to the Saints if he can't make it to New Orleans in time to have one. Sources indicate the Saints are seriously interested in Shockey, so a deal is likely to get done.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis this week has declined to discuss players under contract with any other team, and has been evasive while meeting with reporters at the Saints' training headquarters. He has apologetically said that he did not want to tip off other teams to the Saints' draft plans.

The 28-year-old Shockey, who earned the first NFL championship of his career in January, broke his leg on Dec. 16 in a game against the Washington Redskins and did not play in the Super Bowl.

He finished the 2007 regular season with 57 receptions and three touchdowns.

I'm listening to ESPN radio online. If I hear anything about it, I'll let you know. But that price seems a little crazy to me. I hope it's not true.

it is a very crazy price. I have a lot of confidence in our front office and I am convinced that there is no way they would pay that. A straight 4th round pick I am ok with, any pick in addition I have a serious problem with

For the life of me I dont get people.....when healthy he is one of the best TE's in the game........but we dont want him....:lol:

you forgot to add, even when he is not healthy, he is one of the most selfish and biggest !@#$s in the NFL

For the life of me I dont get people.....when healthy he is one of the best TE's in the game........but we dont want him....:lol:

He shows up his QB (we have a second year QB), has a lot of injuries for a 28 year old player, drops a LOT of catchable passes, and why would he accept going from the champs to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade without a new deal?

EDIT: Great, now my computer is acting up (sputtering, no smileys/fonts ect.). see everyone tomarrow.

you forgot to add, even when he is not healthy, he is one of the most selfish and biggest !@#$s in the NFL

Thank you. I'd root for Shockey if he became a Bill, but very begrudgingly. I'm definitely on record saying he's my least favorite player in the league. I just hate his rediculous celebrations after every routine play he makes. It's really obnoxious.

He shows up his QB (we have a second year QB), has a lot of injuries for a 28 year old player, drops a LOT of catchable passes, and why would he accept going from the champs to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade without a new deal?

EDIT: Great, now my computer is acting up (sputtering, no smileys/fonts ect.). see everyone tomarrow.

you are right about dropping passes. I watch a lot of Giants games and Shockey has been dropping passes the past few years. He had a great rookie season, and has not been the same player since

you are right about dropping passes. I watch a lot of Giants games and Shockey has been dropping passes the past few years. He had a great rookie season, and has not been the same player since

Living in the NY market, I see alot of the Giants as well, and I'm with you on this. Nothing else bothers me about Shockey, but he drops WAY too many passes that QBs put right in the breadbasket, and he has a knack for doing it in the endzone. A 2nd rounder alone would be too much, in my opinion.