The Rockpile

Wow, weird seeing it like that, compared to how it used to look. (from the pictures I've seen)

Still can't fathom that it's gone - I remember going to Bills games, Demolition Derbies, the filming of The Natural w/ Robert Redford, and - in its final stages - hosting our AAA BuffTown Bisons while Pilot Field was going up.

Wonder if the same thing would happen to the Ralph if we ever got a new stadium.

I think land in OP is too valuable (as opposed to land at Jefferson & Best Streets) for that to happen - don't forget, there are also acres and acres of parking lots.

My guess would be an upscale shopping mall, or - keeping with the 'auto-mile' theme - a 'super-dealership'.

Cool that the Main Entrance is still up.

Too bad they do not have a better picture of the entrance, with the standing Buffalo logo in the upper corners. I went back there several years ago and it was odd to see the stadium gone.

The thing I remember most as a kid was hoping we would not get seats behind a pole in the covered end zone, how BIG it seemed even though it was tiny by comparision to the Ralph, and the crowd chanting "Lamonica" every time Kemp made a mistake. Funny how the Bills allowed QB controversies way back then - some things do not change. :unsure:

As a teenage dishwasher in a lakeshore restaurant (Foit's) , I remember players coming in for dinner every now and then.

Too bad they do not have a better picture of the entrance, with the standing Buffalo logo in the upper corners. I went back there several years ago and it was odd to see the stadium gone.

The thing I remember most as a kid was hoping we would not get seats behind a pole in the covered end zone, how BIG it seemed even though it was tiny by comparision to the Ralph, and the crowd chanting "Lamonica" every time Kemp made a mistake. Funny how the Bills allowed QB controversies way back then - some things do not change. :unsure:

As a teenage dishwasher in a lakeshore restaurant (Foit's) , I remember players coming in for dinner every now and then.

Nice memories. Went to my 1st game in 1967 at age 6. Wish there was more video footage available.