ESPN Reece calls D. Thomas for us at 11

On ESPN's mock draft masturbatory extravaganza Floyd Reece picks Devin Thomas as our pick at 11 barring a trade down. Just throwing it out there even though I dont put too much faith in these boobs with Marcellus Wiley on the goddam panel and they have Atlanta picking a DE over QB. Thoughts??

On ESPN's mock draft masturbatory extravaganza Floyd Reece picks Devin Thomas as our pick at 11 barring a trade down. Just throwing it out there even though I dont put too much faith in these boobs with Marcellus Wiley on the goddam panel and they have Atlanta picking a DE over QB. Thoughts??

I saw the show, and I thought the panel's comments were right on. Reece picks Thomas... a couple people say it is a reach, which BTW it is! Mel Kiper chimes in and says, "Who cares if it is a reach! The Bills need a WR and they got the best one inthe draft. And then he turns to the another panelist and tells him that as far as draft value... who cares if the Bills player is number 17 on our board? The Bills got the player they wanted. There is only 6 draft slots difference.

I saw the show, and I thought the panel's comments were right on. Reece picks Thomas... a couple people say it is a reach, which BTW it is! Mel Kiper chimes in and says, "Who cares if it is a reach! The Bills need a WR and they got the best one inthe draft. And then he turns to the another panelist and tells him that as far as draft value... who cares if the Bills player is number 17 on our board? The Bills got the player they wanted. There is only 6 draft slots difference.

Pat Kirwan said something similar last night on Sirius to a Bills caller that was either stoned or just not all there. "Draft Value" is one of those concepts designed by these guy just to have something to say. True value can't be decided until 4 or 5 years later.

Chris Landry (from FOX Sports radio) last night said that he too, thought the Bills were leaning heavily toward taking Thomas. He also said, while he didn't think Thomas was necissarly "worth the 11th pick", if the Bills do, you can't fault them for that. Landry feels Thomas has the most superstar potential of all the big name WR's in this years draft, but his concern was that he was a one year phenom. Landry said if it were him, and he was drafting for the Bills, he would go corner with that pick, or trade down in the draft, pick up another pick to get a corner, and Limas Sweed...but he was very clear, the Bills wouldn't be crazy to just take the guy they value most at that pick (and his "sources" seem to indicate that the Bills really like Thomas), because, after all, nobody knows anything for sure about any of these kids...

BTW- he also said that Matt Ryan is already a better NFL QB than JaMarcus Russell will ever be...just found that kind of candor to be sort of shocking...

I like that remark by Kiper...for once, a voice of sanity and reason prevails on ESPN.