Will the Jared Allen trade..

I agree, I don't see Albert getting past the Pats unless N.E. goes for one of the top rated corners.

I listened to an interview with Howie Long who watched Albert play with his son at UVA and he said the guy is just an unbelievable player who is only going to get better and who is versatile enough to play mutliple postitions on the line at an extremely high level. Even though we need a WR and Corner, I would not be disappointed if we took Albert and found a place to plug him into our line.

As I have posted before, Albert would be my choice by a mile. The Pats (and all top teams) know that lineman will make or break your team. A top OL will make your receivers and running backs that much better. A top DL will make your cornerbacks,linebackers, and safeties that much better. Drafting top notch lineman is the best way to get better.

I hope the Bills start drafting the difference makers on both lines first and then look to the little guys after the first round.

Albert may made a great center since he is smart enough to make the line calls and big enough to handle the bull rusher and thhletic enough to pull.

He is light years ahead of the Duke at C- even though he never played the position in college.

At a minimum, he will push to start at G and is a better backup LT than anything else we have on the roster. If he takes over for Butler, Butler has some experience as a LT and is also better than Chambers.

Step back a bit and look at this. The Bills are going to spend their top pick in this draft on a guy to play a position for us that he has never played before? Why not take Thomas with the idea of converting him to CB?

Sure this is possible, anything is but I just don't see them gambling like that. Its not like they have film of him playing center. What if they are wrong and he can't? With serious needs at other positions we are going to spend our top pick to replace one of the few overachievers we have? No team has enough top picks to build a champion through their top three picks each year. You have to find some gold later on in the draft, like Brady, like Peters, etc. Butler is looking like one of those guys, not that good perhaps but certainly a better player than his draft position. The more I think of it, the more I detest this idea.

Albert is a great player and will be a very good NFL offensive lineman IMO, but this team needs continuity and to fill holes. drafting alnert would require someone to move to center or move to guard and have Albert play tackle and so on and so on. We are a young and developing team. Drafting Albert would cause too much change on a line that is very good, gelling together and making positive improvements. I think Albert is too much trouble. We need to draft a position that fits like WR, CB or DE without shifting people around and taking them out of their comfort zone

I'm not gonna worry about moving Brad Butler, a serviceable guy, but by no means a stud (he was a 5th round pick) out of the starting lineup to put Albert in his place. If ML is our most valuable player, anything that helps him (as well as giving Edwards more pass protection) is a BIG upgrade to this offense.

Step back a bit and look at this. The Bills are going to spend their top pick in this draft on a guy to play a position for us that he has never played before? Why not take Thomas with the idea of converting him to CB?

Sure this is possible, anything is but I just don't see them gambling like that. Its not like they have film of him playing center. What if they are wrong and he can't? With serious needs at other positions we are going to spend our top pick to replace one of the few overachievers we have? No team has enough top picks to build a champion through their top three picks each year. You have to find some gold later on in the draft, like Brady, like Peters, etc. Butler is looking like one of those guys, not that good perhaps but certainly a better player than his draft position. The more I think of it, the more I detest this idea.

then he dominates at G or T.

he could immediately start at RG and Butler could backup at LT and put the Duke out to pasture.

YOu do realize that if Peters gets hurt now, that your multi-talented rookie WR won;t see any passes because your QBs will be injured or running for their life.