Jared Allen, DE to be traded to Vikings

Ive never paid much attention to the Chiefs, but was Allen a productive every season he played? Last I knew he wanted Dwight Freeney type cash.......and I didnt think he had that much production? I could be wrong, but I thought he had one solid year and that was all?

Ive never paid much attention to the Chiefs, but was Allen a productive every season he played? Last I knew he wanted Dwight Freeney type cash.......and I didnt think he had that much production? I could be wrong, but I thought he had one solid year and that was all?

4 years in the league, sack totals:

Linkage

The Chiefs will receive Minnesota's first- (17th overall) and both of its third-round picks (73rd and 82nd) as compensation. Kansas City has been looking to acquire additional draft picks in an attempt to speed up coach Herm Edwards' rebuilding project for a team that lost its last nine games in 2007 and finished 4-12

Nice reward at least. :devil:

General manager Carl Peterson's relationship with Allen has been strained ever since Peterson, in the wake of Allen's DUI convictions, described him as "a young man at risk." Allen, who could be suspended for a season if he has another alcohol-related episode, had said he would not negotiate with Kansas City if he didn't get a contract done by next July.

Now that makes sense! This is a great trade for KC! It'd be funny if Allen was suspended for this year. KC would be laughing all the way to the season. :blush:

I think you're getting all the picks mixed up now. The Chiefs are the one's picking 5th and 17th now. They no longer have Allen nor do they have a DT named Williams.

yea you're right. time to hit the hay and get my brain straightened out. hopefully tomorrow i'll have more respectable and accurate comments to make

Wow Chiefs got alot for him.

Agreed they did.

As much as it would stink to give up a player of Allens caliber, it seems like a good trade.

Kansas City lost there last 9 games last year and should be in full scale rebuilding mode.

They are in need of a major talent infusion.

These extra choices will give them a ton of flexibility in the draft this year.