What will the Fish do with the #1 pick?

1 week till draft day, Ya baby! This is what the Dolphins should DO. Take QB Matt Ryan then hit the PHONES. First try Atlanta to see what they will give. If they don't want to deal call KC. Next the Jets. If none of these pull the trigger they either make it work with the Ravens, or they keep him and pay up. This Beck guy does'nt look too hot anyway, especially against us. I do believe they would be able to move Ryan and pick up more picks.

This year there isn't a QB that 3-4 teams have to have. Ryan may get taken by Atlanta or KC or the Jets...or he could slip by each of them & end up in Baltimore.

Takes 2 to tango & cash for that #1 pick is beyond Ryan.

fins will take a Long.

1 week till draft day, Ya baby! This is what the Dolphins should DO. Take QB Matt Ryan then hit the PHONES. First try Atlanta to see what they will give. If they don't want to deal call KC. Next the Jets. If none of these pull the trigger they either make it work with the Ravens, or they keep him and pay up. This Beck guy does'nt look too hot anyway, especially against us. I do believe they would be able to move Ryan and pick up more picks.

Beck actaully looked pretty decent against the iggles. He will be a fine QB if he can get some freaking help. No o line, a punt returner as your number one an oft injured running back and an aging defense. Call me crazy but i dont think the storming moorman can do it all

This year there isn't a QB that 3-4 teams have to have. Ryan may get taken by Atlanta or KC or the Jets...or he could slip by each of them & end up in Baltimore.

Takes 2 to tango & cash for that #1 pick is beyond Ryan.

fins will take a Long.

you are correct but it will be Chris - not Jake.

This prelim contract talk is to set a base line to try to get Chris long to agree to something less than full value for #1 slot since he may slide as far as #4 if he passes on the Dolphins deal.

They would be absolutely retarded to draft anybody that they don't have signed to a contract before they make the pick

It is proven that the biggest mistake one can make when trying to start over with a franchise is drafting a QB in the top ten. You live and die... mostly die, by that pick. Your career as a GM, and whatever Parcells calls himself, is completely dependent upon that pick. I don't think there is any way they would take Ryan, Parcells is smarter than that.

Besides, I think its most obvious now that they are going defense, good job Ireland ;)

That player on defense, I believe, is Chris Long.