Brian Urlacher wants a big $ extension

Urlacher

Urlacher, who is seeking a multi-year contract extension that would pad the nine-year, $57-million contract he signed in 2003, has not attended the Bears' on-going voluntary workouts and said he is unsure if he will attend the team's mandatory minicamp May 30-June 1 if a contract agreement is not reached. He also cited the opportunity to spend more time with his children as a reason for staying in Arizona.

Next topic please.

Totally agree.....lets get serious here.....and if we are going to pay a 30 year old Pro Bowl talent maga bucks from outside the organization...it better be at CB/WR or TE right now

Why does he deserve an extension? He signed a 9 year deal and has 4 left.

this is why i don't understand why players always try to get long contracts. If I were a player I would prefer short contracts that allow you to negotiate every few years without looking like the bad guy. Especially in the current sports market where the next guy to sign always gets more than the last, it really makes no sense from a players stand point to want such long deals yet it seems that they always ask for more years than less. If you aren't going to respect the contract by the middle of the deal you might as well have signed for less years, giving the flexibility to negotiate another contract before your career is over.