It sure would help to still make a trade for the #2 WR position.

Now that Mularkey is running the offense down in Atlanta, they are expecting to be running the ball alot more and implimenting the H Back/ TE position, relying on WRs less. Second year man Laurent Robinson may have the inside track playing opposite WR Roddy White, thus pushing Joe Horn and Michael Jenkins into the background. Jenkins would make a good #2 WR. He's got the size, athleticism, and experience to fulfill this capacity. A lot has happened in Atlanta and this could be a player that might have been more a victim of circumstances. They are looking for another blocking TE and involving TE Matt Murphy in the deal may soften the compensation for Jenkins. Jenkins is signed thru 2010 but his contract is voidable in '09. The Falcons may be looking for some compensation now instead of losing all value with Jenkins in the next year or two.

Malcolm Floyd is another big receiver with experience and the Chargers are very thin with draft picks in this year's draft. They have a 1st rder and then a 5th rder but none in the 2nd - 4th rds. If we don't select a WR in rds 1 or 2 then using our 3rd rder for an experienced WR like Floyd could prove to be the better move for us.

To the disappointment to some I think that the Packers have more than their share of WRs and Ruvell Martin could make an ideal #2 WR. The same principles could be reasoned as the forementioned scenario with Malcolm Floyd, if we haven't resolved the WR position in the first two rds than here's another WR we could probably trade for by using a mid day pick (4th or 5th rder?).

Now that Mularkey is running the offense down in Atlanta, they are expecting to be running the ball alot more and implimenting the H Back/ TE position, relying on WRs less. Second year man Laurent Robinson may have the inside track playing opposite WR Roddy White, thus pushing Joe Horn and Michael Jenkins into the background. Jenkins would make a good #2 WR. He's got the size, athleticism, and experience to fulfill this capacity. A lot has happened in Atlanta and this could be a player that might have been more a victim of circumstances. They are looking for another blocking TE and involving TE Matt Murphy in the deal may soften the compensation for Jenkins. Jenkins is signed thru 2010 but his contract is voidable in '09. The Falcons may be looking for some compensation now instead of losing all value with Jenkins in the next year or two.

Malcolm Floyd is another big receiver with experience and the Chargers are very thin with draft picks in this year's draft. They have a 1st rder and then a 5th rder but none in the 2nd - 4th rds. If we don't select a WR in rds 1 or 2 then using our 3rd rder for an experienced WR like Floyd could prove to be the better move for us.

To the disappointment to some I think that the Packers have more than their share of WRs and Ruvell Martin could make an ideal #2 WR. The same principles could be reasoned as the forementioned scenario with Malcolm Floyd, if we haven't resolved the WR position in the first two rds than here's another WR we could probably trade for by using a mid day pick (4th or 5th rder?).

I've never understood the asinine ruvell martin fetish. the guy caught 16 balls last year. 16! I dont know what the hell any of you fetishists see in him at all. He had 1 decent game last year where he had 4-57-2, and only caught 12 passes the rest of the year. Not exactly a "breakout." He's a 4th WR at best.

I've never understood the asinine ruvell martin fetish. the guy caught 16 balls last year. 16! I dont know what the hell any of you fetishists see in him at all. He had 1 decent game last year where he had 4-57-2, and only caught 12 passes the rest of the year. Not exactly a "breakout." He's a 4th WR at best.

It's no secret that Donald Driver was Farve's favorite receiver. They used a high draft picks (2nd & 3rd) on Greg Jennings, James Jones and Farve was a big fan of Koren Robinson. I believe that what we are looking for in a #2 WR is a big body who can outjump and outmuscle defenders and move the chains. Look back at most of Martin's receptions and they were usually important ones for either 1st downs or red zone catches.

It was almost comical around here when we didn't sign Earnest Wilford or Bryant Johnson. It was almost like it was the end of the world. I'm curious, what kind of stats did those two stars have?

http://www.packers.com/team/players/martin_ruvell/

It's no secret that Donald Driver was Farve's favorite receiver. They used a high draft picks (2nd & 3rd) on Greg Jennings, James Jones and Farve was a big fan of Koren Robinson. I believe that what we are looking for in a #2 WR is a big body who can outjump and outmuscle defenders and move the chains. Look back at most of Martin's receptions and they were usually important ones for either 1st downs or red zone catches.

It was almost comical around here when we didn't sign Earnest Wilford or Bryant Johnson. It was almost like it was the end of the world. I'm curious, what kind of stats did those two stars have?

I still think we would have made a serious offer to Wilford if he had made it here.

Wilford's rookie season @ 19-271-2. His last 3 seasons have been an average of 40-600-4.

In his entire 5 year career, Bryant Johnson has averaged 40-600-2 per season. You'd like to see more TDs, but he was also 3rd on the dpeth chart most of that time.

So theres good reason to suspect that either one of those guys could blossom into a 50-700-6 type of WR that the Bills are looking to fill the #2 void with.

As for this ruvell martin assclown, he's buried on green bays depth chart. If he was that good, he would have moved up. Donald Driver is Favre's target because he's good. As is greg jennings. And james jones really showed something as a rookie, catching 47-650-2. Theres reason to suspect he could become a legit #2 down the road.

But as for ruvell martin, at no point has he ever shown anything that could be remotely considered #2 quality. 16-250-4 is nothing to write home about, nor is it showing any flashes of potential. He had 1 good game, with his 4-57-2 performance. But how do you explain the remainder of the season where he caught 12-200-2 in 14games? Just because he's 6'4" doesnt make him good. And theres a hugh difference between being covered by a dime back and a starting CB. He's not a #2. Maybe someime down the road he might be a #2, but he's nowhere near that now.

Honestly, what is it about you guys with the Ruvell Martin fetish? What part of his game makes you think that he can be a legit #2 WR? perhaps it was the playoffs, where he failed to record a reception.

Wilford's rookie season @ 19-271-2. His last 3 seasons have been an average of 40-600-4.

In his entire 5 year career, Bryant Johnson has averaged 40-600-2 per season. You'd like to see more TDs, but he was also 3rd on the dpeth chart most of that time.

So theres good reason to suspect that either one of those guys could blossom into a 50-700-6 type of WR that the Bills are looking to fill the #2 void with.

As for this ruvell martin assclown, he's buried on green bays depth chart. If he was that good, he would have moved up. Donald Driver is Favre's target because he's good. As is greg jennings. And james jones really showed something as a rookie, catching 47-650-2. Theres reason to suspect he could become a legit #2 down the road.

But as for ruvell martin, at no point has he ever shown anything that could be remotely considered #2 quality. 16-250-4 is nothing to write home about, nor is it showing any flashes of potential. He had 1 good game, with his 4-57-2 performance. But how do you explain the remainder of the season where he caught 12-200-2 in 14games? Just because he's 6'4" doesnt make him good. And theres a hugh difference between being covered by a dime back and a starting CB. He's not a #2. Maybe someime down the road he might be a #2, but he's nowhere near that now.

Honestly, what is it about you guys with the Ruvell Martin fetish? What part of his game makes you think that he can be a legit #2 WR? perhaps it was the playoffs, where he failed to record a reception.

I'm not looking to get into an argument but I like the way you skew the numbers. By presenting Wilford's numbers from his rookie year separately and then averaging his last three years he picks up over 100 yds per season. The truth be told he had 1994 yds total for his four year pro career (498.5 yds per season) with 14 TDs total with half of them (7) coming in his second year. Not bad for a #2 WR but the problem here is he was mostly used as a #1 WR. In his third year is when the Jaguars found out that they couldn't count on Matt Jones and Reggie Williams but they must have felt the same way about Wilford too because they overhauled the receivers this off season.

I'm curious why the Packers re-signed Martin. They have plenty of receivers, even drafted the last couple of ones but they're hanging on to Martin. Hmm, interesting.

I don't know why people expect Buffalo to come up with some big name receiver in a trade or prospect in the draft. The only one who ever made a big splash with big name players in the last few years was Donahoe. This administration, outside of having a few big contracts signed, haven't ever grabbed nothing but low, fly-under-the-radar type players. Buffalo has accumalated blue collar guys that they feel best suits their scheme. Even Stroud wasn't the biggest name at DT, especially when some question his effectiveness since his surgery. Buffalo looks for deals, period. All I said was there is some interesting prospects out there. If there were to be a trade for a WR this is the type of player I expect them to go after. Heck, they didn't even get a real shot at Wilford. Has anyone ever thought that?

I live in Atlanta. They are not moving Michael Jenkins. He is their inside slot receiver . They may cut Joe Horn.

Haven't you noticed that the only thing Tipster looks for is size? Martin, Floyd, Jenkins... none of those guys can play football, but Tipster thinks #2 WR = Big receiver.

Its getting absolutely ridiculous, not even counting he said to give up a 3rd rounder for the guy who can't crack a lineup that has had no WRs for years now.

Yeah, ridiculous. Here's some stats from last season.

Wilford-45 rec for 518 yds/averages 11.5 yds per catch/32.4 per game/35 yds-longest/3 TDs/5 catches over 20+ yds/0 over 40+ yds/35 1st downs/1st down % 77.8/0 fumbles.

Martin-16 rec for 242 yds/averages 15.1 yds per catch/16.1 per game/36 yds-longest/4 TDs/3 catches over 20+ yds/0 over 40+ yds/15 1st downs/1st down % 93.8/1 fumble.

Wilford is not retained after he was used as a primary target and Martin is re-signed after being seldom used. A 5th rder would be fair compensation.