Jared Allen

The Chiefs are willing to listen to trade offers for Jared Allen, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter and FoxSports.com. He is visiting Minnesota on Friday and is expected to visit Tampa next Friday.

Allen is one of the five most valuable defensive players in the NFL, so any trade for him would be a blockbuster. It's a curious move by the Chiefs, who placed the franchise tag on Allen. They can rebuild with draft picks, but they are admitting they can't afford to keep their top talent. Allen will likely require a huge contract, a first-round pick, and probably more for any interested suitors. Minnesota has a higher first round pick than Tampa and is likely the favorite. Look for a trade on or before draft day.

Legal troubles

Allen has been arrested/charged for Driving Under the Influence a total of 3 times within 4 years. Once in Pocatello, Idaho, on May 11, 2002, and twice within 5 months in Leawood, Kansas on May 11, 2006 and on September 26, 2006. He was sentenced to 48 hours in jail as a result of the latter arrest.[5]

In March 2007, Allen voiced his displeasure with the Chiefs' refusal to give him a long-term contract extension. Due to Allen's recent arrests, the Chiefs offered Allen a one-year contract and will judge upon his performance both on and off the field to see if he will be a long-term player in Kansas City. [6] No offers were made for Allen throughout free-agency due to the Chiefs' high tender for his trade (a first-round draft pick). On April 27, 2007, it was announced that Allen was suspended for the first four games of the 2007 Chiefs' season, and he will return to the Chiefs and "will do everything [he] can to help bring a championship back to the great fans of KC." [6] On May 22, Allen signed a one-year contract worth $2.5 million, but will have to forfeit $552,941 of his $2.35 million contract because of a four-game suspension for driving under the influence. [7] On July 16, Allen's suspension was reduced to two games following an appeal.[8]

Great talent without a doubt. One of the 5 best d players? I'll disagree with that, but he is a very good dend. I'm not sure if he's worth the risk.

The Chiefs are willing to listen to trade offers for Jared Allen, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter and FoxSports.com. He is visiting Minnesota on Friday and is expected to visit Tampa next Friday.

Allen is one of the five most valuable defensive players in the NFL, so any trade for him would be a blockbuster. It's a curious move by the Chiefs, who placed the franchise tag on Allen. They can rebuild with draft picks, but they are admitting they can't afford to keep their top talent. Allen will likely require a huge contract, a first-round pick, and probably more for any interested suitors. Minnesota has a higher first round pick than Tampa and is likely the favorite. Look for a trade on or before draft day.

The problem is Allen is one strike away being suspended by the NFL indefinitely........He has had too much run-ins off the field and the Chiefs are vary of providing that kind of huge signing bonus to a player.

I think Allen will have final say where he goes, not the Chiefs. No team will trade a #1 or #2 for him unless he signs a new contract.

I like Allen because of what he brings to the pass rush, but top 5 defender in the league? I'm afraid to ask who the other 4 are in your book?

I wouldn't mind having him here, but I'm guessing KC is looking for a lot to trade him.

I like Allen because of what he brings to the pass rush, but top 5 defender in the league? I'm afraid to ask who the other 4 are in your book?

I wouldn't mind having him here, but I'm guessing KC is looking for a lot to trade him.

Not my book, just forgot to add per rotoworld to the original post. I was more than a little baffled by that as well

5. Jared Allen

4. Pierson Prileou

3. Coy Wire

2. Cedric Killings

1. Tedy "Almighty" Bruschi

:beer:

There's too much risk involved. Besides, we have more important needs.

he's not as good as schoble, will cost a ton, and is one f up from being gone.

why does everyone like stand out white players in general, but not our own stand out white players?

damnit!!

Personally, I don't care for Allen. But he is better than Schobel, no question. Allen is a game-changer. As much as he may irritate me, he pressures the QB much better than Schobel.