We can't fix everything with this draft

The rebuilding of the Bills has been painfully slow. (a fact that we can all agree on) I, however, see light at the end of the tunnel. We have one position of real need on this team (WR) and 3 positions that need upgrades (TE, DE, CB)

I have seen a lot of mocks here on TBD where people try to fix every position of need through trading down and getting more pics. It is not realistic to try to fix 4 positions (with starters) in one draft. It is realistic to expect that the Bills will upgrade 2 positions (round 1 & 2) with talent that could start on opening day. We can hope that the talent that they draft in rounds 3 & 4 will provide quality backups who will one day be starters. So, pull the trigger at #11 get the best player who will help the team the most and then address other needs in later rounds. I see the first pick helping the "D"

Start cheering that the Bills will be a better team after the draft.

agreed. we already have 10 picks. how many more players can we really add to the team? thats already about 20%.

id want to package a couple picks and move back into the first and have 9 picks with high quality, rather than trade down and have 11 ok picks.

agreed. we already have 10 picks. how many more players can we really add to the team? thats already about 20%.

id want to package a couple picks and move back into the first and have 9 picks with high quality, rather than trade down and have 11 ok picks.

That is what I'd try to do... Go DE or CB with #11 and trade up and go WR

You know a little depth at everyone postition didn't kill anyone. Remember last year.......the depth of each position carried this team.

I like some of the logic behind your thoughts, but you really need to see how the draft is shaking out first. Is there someone falling that would make the trade up/down worth doing? Is there an unexpected run at a position?

You can't be sure until draft day.

That is what I'd try to do... Go DE or CB with #11 and trade up and go WR

i agree with all that, but i don't think we want a de that badly, especially who is likely to be there at 11.

i'm like 90% sure we go corner. if thomas slips to late 1st we will prolly trade up for him too.

The rebuilding of the Bills has been painfully slow. (a fact that we can all agree on) I, however, see light at the end of the tunnel. We have one position of real need on this team (WR) and 3 positions that need upgrades (TE, DE, CB)

I have seen a lot of mocks here on TBD where people try to fix every position of need through trading down and getting more pics. It is not realistic to try to fix 4 positions (with starters) in one draft. It is realistic to expect that the Bills will upgrade 2 positions (round 1 & 2) with talent that could start on opening day. We can hope that the talent that they draft in rounds 3 & 4 will provide quality backups who will one day be starters. So, pull the trigger at #11 get the best player who will help the team the most and then address other needs in later rounds. I see the first pick helping the "D"

Start cheering that the Bills will be a better team after the draft.

I agree somewhat with this, however if you can move down an extra 4 or 6 spots and still target the WR you want plus get an extra second or third rounder, I think you have to make the deal. An extra second or probably third would provide depth at any of the needed upgrades (TE,DE,CB).