Greer or McGee

I agree Greer played awesome last year, and I was his biggest supporter. I actually cheered when Webster and Yubuty got hurt. I know horrible isn't it?

But I really get the feeling Greer is going to fall victim to the Ellison complex. He played way better than his physical talent. Just over his head all year. It was awesome but I just can't see it lasting. I just feel like if we don't find someone else (and James is someone else) we'll end up with another Ellison on our hands who won't play as amazing as he did during his first year starting.

I agree Greer played awesome last year, and I was his biggest supporter. I actually cheered when Webster and Yubuty got hurt. I know horrible isn't it?

But I really get the feeling Greer is going to fall victim to the Ellison complex. He played way better than his physical talent. Just over his head all year. It was awesome but I just can't see it lasting. I just feel like if we don't find someone else (and James is someone else) we'll end up with another Ellison on our hands who won't play as amazing as he did during his first year starting.

I strongly disagree. But hey thats just my opinion.

Guest dog14787

I strongly disagree. But hey thats just my opinion.

Greer is one of my favorite players, but on the other hand Mcgee is one of Buffalo's best athletes so I also disagree.

McGee is the better athlete, but Greer seems to have a better instinct for the position. That being said, I think McGee had a much better 2007 than 2006. If the defensive pressure up front is better (a lot depends on how good Stroud is), McGee and Greer, IMO, will be solid.

After watching every Bills game last season, I`d have to say Greer hands down. All this talk about getting a corner to replace Greer is sickening. Mc Gee is the one picked on and smoked last year. Greer is 2 inches taller than Mc Gee also . Flame away. :rolleyes:

I actually agree with you. Greer played well last year. He should be our #1 CB because when he was playing against top WRs, he played very well.

After watching every Bills game last season, I`d have to say Greer hands down. All this talk about getting a corner to replace Greer is sickening. Mc Gee is the one picked on and smoked last year. Greer is 2 inches taller than Mc Gee also . Flame away. :rolleyes:

You're on the money with this post, bravo!

I have always liked Greer (University of Tennessee, of course!) and McGee. I'm not sure why I'm seeing CB as a must for this draft as I'm not ready to give up on Youbooty yet and had the impression we were generally pretty solid. In any event I can see a much more pressing need on the offensive side of the ball and on the defensive line taking priority of any cornerback need in the draft. If there is a potential corner in round 4 or later and we've addressed all our other needs, lets get him, but I'm fairly comfortable with our corners.