Over 100,000 Fans regiter to buy Toronto tickets...WOW

The Canadian Post reporter read that wrong, I believe. The original buffalobills.com story mentions 100,000 TICKETS, and the e-mail I received included this: "After April 24, the random drawing will begin, and those chosen will receive a time-sensitive password to purchase up to eight seats per game."

100,000 tickets divided by eight seats per account = significantly fewer than 100,000 fans.

The Canadian Post reporter read that wrong, I believe. The original buffalobills.com story mentions 100,000 TICKETS, and the e-mail I received included this: "After April 24, the random drawing will begin, and those chosen will receive a time-sensitive password to purchase up to eight seats per game."

100,000 tickets divided by eight seats per account = significantly fewer than 100,000 fans.

I don`t know. This story is on two-bills drive, posted at 4-30 .

The 100,000 is 100,000 ticket requests. Argo's are advertising that the only way to get a Toronto/Bills ticket now is to purchase Argo season tickets.

Interestingly this figure of 100,000 came out after yesterday Bob McCowan on the fan radio 590 said ticket request were not going will as only 18,000 requests had been made, according to his sources.

I don`t know. This story is on two-bills drive, posted at 4-30 .

And the one right underneath it, the one I'm referring to, was posted to buffalobills.com at 12:23 p.m.

CP: "over 100,000 fans have registered"

BB.com: "the demand by fans for the chance to purchase tickets to the upcoming NFL Bills games in Toronto has now exceeded the 100,000 ticket mark."

If they're holding 8 seats per account -- as suggested in the e-mail they sent out -- then one of those stories is wrong, and I'm assuming it's NOT the one coming from the official team website.

The 100,000 is 100,000 ticket requests. Argo's are advertising that the only way to get a Toronto/Bills ticket now is to purchase Argo season tickets.

Interestingly this figure of 100,000 came out after yesterday Bob McCowan on the fan radio 590 said ticket request were not going will as only 18,000 requests had been made, according to his sources.

That computes. 18,000 requests x 8 (potential) seats per request = 144,000 seats. As dr_buff said, marketing. But how many of the people on the list will actually want all 8 seats?

No the 100,000 they were alluding to was individual requests as in the package. I understand you folks have desire that the Toronto thing turns into a total debacle. But it will not from from lack of requests.

That computes. 18,000 requests x 8 (potential) seats per request = 144,000 seats. As dr_buff said, marketing. But how many of the people on the list will actually want all 8 seats?

No the 100,000 they were alluding to was individual requests as in the package. I understand you folks have desire that the Toronto thing turns into a total debacle. But it will not fair from lack of requests.

Mill, I'm on the list, and I plan on being there in December. You're saying you don't believe McCowan, then.

Are there 100,000 different people or are there requests for 100,000 tickets? People seem to disagree.

Here's the lead from the press release on their site:

TORONTO, ON – Bills Toronto Series organizers and the Buffalo Bills announced today that demand from football fans registered for the chance to purchase tickets to the upcoming NFL Bills games in Toronto has now exceeded the 100,000 ticket mark.

NFL fans are encouraged to register for the random draw for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Bills Toronto Series at – www.billsintoronto.com. The Bills will be playing a series of eight games over a five-year period at Rogers Centre in Toronto beginning this summer. The series will open with a Thursday, August 14th pre-season game against the Bills' traditional rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"Football fans from across the country - over 100,000 tickets strong and counting - have enthusiastically signed up for the opportunity to experience live NFL football in Toronto," said Phil Lind, Vice Chairman, Rogers Communications, Inc. "Since the game against the Steelers was announced last week, ticket lottery registrations on the www.billsintoronto.com website have really taken off."

I'm still inclined to believe 100,000 tickets, not 100,000 names on the list. If they already have that many potential buyers, they'd be silly to allow up to eight tickets per account, the number they cited in their e-mail...

Thing is Lori the rules for signing up and purchasing tickets are for the entire package not just a single game.

Bills Tickets

Here's the lead from the press release on their site:

I'm still inclined to believe 100,000 tickets, not 100,000 names on the list. If they already have that many potential buyers, they'd be silly to allow up to eight tickets per account, the number they cited in their e-mail...