Do you pay your utility bills in person?

JoeFerguson

Do you pay your utility bills in person?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pay your utility bills in person?

• Yes, I love wasting time and am proud of the fact that I'm an idiot.
    • No.

Today I had to go to the Time Warner Cable office to return a friend's cable box. I actually had to wait in line behind about 6 or 7 people who were there to pay their bill!!!! I didn't know people still did that. These weren't old ladies either, they were fairly young people.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I had to go to the Time Warner Cable office to return a friend's cable box. I actually had to wait in line behind about 6 or 7 people who were there to pay their bill!!!! I didn't know people still did that. These weren't old ladies either, they were fairly young people.

They probably dont have bank accounts.

Those are probably the same people that write a check at the grocery store in front of me. :pirate:

Oh man, I can't STAND that sheeat! I can sort of understand if we're talking about a 70 year old grandmother who still has a rotary phone and has no idea of technology, but for the love of GOD I cannot stand watching someone stand there writing out a check, taking out their drivers license, waiting for the cashier to stamp it, etc, etc.... :P

You used to be able to pay utility bills at most banks. Here in Cincy, it was but a few years ago that the power company service centers closed down their drive-thru and/or walk-up payment windows.

The T-W office in a mall near me takes payments. And why not?

I remember when bills could be paid by remitting U.S. postage stamps... :pirate:

Oh man, I can't STAND that sheeat! I can sort of understand if we're talking about a 70 year old grandmother who still has a rotary phone and has no idea of technology, but for the love of GOD I cannot stand watching someone stand there writing out a check, taking out their drivers license, waiting for the cashier to stamp it, etc, etc.... :pirate:

And the kicker is that if I'm grocery shopping that means it's Saturday and that fugger is cutting into my boozin' time. :P

A girl i work with still refuses to buy anything or pay for any bill online, out of fear someone is going to steal her money or her CC#.

Ask her how she thinks her CC information is transmitted when she uses it at a store and wait for the stupified look on her face.

Oh man, I can't STAND that sheeat! I can sort of understand if we're talking about a 70 year old grandmother who still has a rotary phone and has no idea of technology, but for the love of GOD I cannot stand watching someone stand there writing out a check, taking out their drivers license, waiting for the cashier to stamp it, etc, etc.... :pirate:

AJ, be glad you live in a relatively urban area. Nothing beats trying to get something at wal-mart, and watching the group in front of you pay for some things with a check, some with a card, and the rest with food stamps.

Ask her how she thinks her CC information is transmitted when she uses it at a store and wait for the stupified look on her face.

Or who she think entered all her financial information into the system when she applied for the card.

Agreed. That is absolutely unacceptable. If you are under 80 years of age and you are writing a check at the register, then you need to be savagely beaten, not to death, but to a point of grievous permanent disability.

And the kicker is that if I'm grocery shopping that means it's Saturday and that fugger is cutting into my boozin' time. :pirate:

They need to forget about the express lane and start a tech-tard line. One of our local chains here is Kroger, and they have the self scan lines, which I like...only problem is that I prefer another store chain (Publix) for their most excellent deli and bakery...they make you wait :P

Que?

The best part is watching the chinese fire drill during checkout. Sorting which things thay can/cant pay for with food stamps, then watching the cashier to stop her when the credit card part of the bill reaches $43, and then paying the rest of it off with a check.

And the kicker is that if I'm grocery shopping that means it's Saturday and that fugger is cutting into my boozin' time. :pirate:

First off, anyone who is retired should be banned from all stores after 5pm on weekdays and all day on weekends. You don't have enough time in your life that you have to use up some of mine?

And when a cashier tells you that they can automatically fill in the check with the register, LET THEM FREAKIN DO IT!

The best part is watching the chinese fire drill during checkout. Sorting which things thay can/cant pay for with food stamps, then watching the cashier to stop her when the credoit card of the bill reaches $43, and then paying the rest of it off with a check.

What kills me is the wad of $20's in that they pull out along with the food stamps.

First off, anyone who is retired should be banned from all stores after 5pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.

You are so right. That's one of the reason's I can't wait to retire. I want to shop at 6:00am on a Wednesday, I'll do it. Saturdays will be spent sitting on my porch with a glass of wine laughing at all the yahoos rushing around to get all their stuff done before Monday morning rolls around.