How Stupid Do You Have To Be To Cause A Disturbance

Cleveland Browns defensive back Kenny Wright was arrested Thursday after police said he led them on a quarter-mile foot chase that began in the parking lot of the police station.

The 30-year-old Wright faces a misdemeanor charge of unlawful restraint, a misdemeanor charge of evading arrest and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana. He remained in the Pearland City Jail on Thursday night pending a bond hearing Friday.

Pearland police said officers were investigating a disturbance in the police station parking lot around 11:30 a.m. Thursday. When officers approached Wright, he took off running and was eventually caught in a nearby subdivision.

Linkage

A few observations;

1. The cop who caught him deserves a tryout with the Browns.

2. What does the unlawful restraint charge have to do with?

3. What idiot brings pot to a police station?

4. What will Goodell's response be?

answer to question 4:

4 game suspension and they will say they are working with him to 'get him the help he needs'

There has to be two prior offenses before they can suspend a player for four games, but he was caught with pot. So the punishment can only be for the possession unless he has two priors we don't know about.

There has to be two prior offenses before they can suspend a player for four games, but he was caught with pot. So the punishment can only be for the possession unless he has two priors we don't know about.

Well I guess that shows how 'professional' the NFL is.

IIRC, it's been the toughest policy in the major sports for a long time.

They need to have the toughest because they have far far more criminals in the NFL than any other league.

But it isn't tough enough policy.

Also if they IQ the players in each sport I'm sure that the NFL players on average would be far below the rest.

There is always a strong correlation between low IQ and crime .

They need to have the toughest because they have far far more criminals in the NFL than any other league.

But it isn't tough enough.

Also if they IQ the players in each sport I'm sure that the NFL players on average would be far below the rest.

There is always a strong correlation between crime and low IQ.

First you have to consider this. There are 30 NBA teams with 16 players per team. That's 480 players total. In the NFL there are 32 teams with 53 players per team and more if you consider practice squads but I'll only use 53 per team. That's 1696 players total. The NFL has 3.5 times as many players as the NBA and I'd be willing to bet on a % basis the NBA is worse. The NFL has more players total than any other of the four major sports.

A few observations;

1. The cop who caught him deserves a tryout with the Browns.

Screw that! We NEED to SIGN the cop. The speed threat opposite Evans

Maybe Wright was dressed like a big donut, giving the cop incentive to run that fast :censored:

First you have to consider this. There are 30 NBA teams with 16 players per team. That's 480 players total. In the NFL there are 32 teams with 53 players per team and more if you consider practice squads but I'll only use 53 per team. That's 1696 players total. The NFL has 3.5 times as many players as the NBA and I'd be willing to bet on a % basis the NBA is worse. The NFL has more players total than any other of the four major sports.

It always goes back to 3.5 :censored: I agree with Steely here. The NBA has a very relaxed policy but has more criminals per capita than the other 3 major sports.

Just saying there are more players in the NFL doesn't do it.

Yeah they have more players but they still commit more crimes per player than any other league.

You'd have a very hard time finding more than a handful of crimes committed by NHL players.

Yeah they have more players but they still commit more crimes per player than any other league.

You'd have a very hard time finding more than a handful of crimes committed by NHL players.

link? stats? anything that you can cite to prove this?

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. Last year, a group os FSU students got busted for smoking pot in the parking lot of FSUPD. A night officer saw them out of his window.

Ramius, there's a reason why it's called "dope". :censored:

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. Last year, a group os FSU students got busted for smoking pot in the parking lot of FSUPD. A night officer saw them out of his window.

OMG, that's close to being even dumber than Wright. At least they didn't call attention to themselves by causing a disturbance.

What does the NBA have to do with this?

ExpertOpinion said;

So giving stats about the NBA are pertinent because they are one of the "any other league" comment.

It has to do with protecting the beloved NFL.

Here is the deal: The public will generally turn the cheek with the NFL and bash the NBA....why?

The NFL offers the best fantasy leagues, tailgating, and parlay action. Don't mess that up for people. So they won't care.