My .02 on the rules changes

Steve O

i actually believe that the face mask rule eliminates the five yard penalty for the incidental facemask. An incidental face mask will not be any penalty at all, not a five and not a fifteen. So it would make no sense to rip the persons head off because their would be no penalty if the player removed his hand rapidly from the face guard.

i actually believe that the face mask rule eliminates the five yard penalty for the incidental facemask. An incidental face mask will not be any penalty at all, not a five and not a fifteen. So it would make no sense to rip the persons head off because their would be no penalty if the player removed his hand rapidly from the face guard.

Hope you are right, did not know that

No force out - Love it, first rule in years that actually makes it tougher on the receiver

no 5 yard face mask - hate it...oops, touched your face mask by mistake, might as well rip your head off now.

I love them both. A face mask will be 15 YARDS - unless it's just a touch.

No force out - Love it, first rule in years that actually makes it tougher on the receiver

no 5 yard face mask - hate it...oops, touched your face mask by mistake, might as well rip your head off now.

Look for scoring to drop. IMO, that's a bad thing. :devil:

I love them both. A face mask will be 15 YARDS - unless it's just a touch.

If that's the case I'd prefer the 5 yard FM remain.

If that's the case I'd prefer the 5 yard FM remain.

Not me, I have seen TOO MANY face masks called for only 5 yards when they should have been 15 yards. I think that is why they changed that rule.

Not me, I have seen TOO MANY face masks called for only 5 yards when they should have been 15 yards. I think that is why they changed that rule.

What I was responding to was the idea that the five yard penalty was gone and that meant a touch and release wouldn't be a penalty anymore. I hope it means a touch and release is a 15 yarder but I'm not sure of that.

Yep, don't like the rule. I would have hoped they'd gone the other way--one foot inbounds for the NFL like in college. The No Fun League must think incompletions are entertaining.

What I was responding to was the idea that the five yard penalty was gone and that meant a touch and release wouldn't be a penalty anymore. I hope it means a touch and release is a 15 yarder but I'm not sure of that.

A touch and release was not a penalty before. Refs could call A) No penalty - touch & release B) 5 Yards - grabbed face mask but did not twist, let go C) 15 Yards- grabbed & held on.