Got a bad scare today.

I was just dozing off watching the t.v. when my wife wakes my up to tell me the woods and fields are on fire. I own 30 acres and my neighbor has a 5 acre piece with no house, just likes to plant trees on it. Anyway he decides to start a brush fire with the wind blowing pretty good. Next thing you know it`s out of control. This is rural Pa. here,no fire hydrants or anything . So I go out running with a shovel and rake beating the fire line out headed toward the house with a couple neighbors. All said and done 5 acres burned. I`m just happy it didn`t get to the gas well besides the house. How was your day?

I was just dozing off watching the t.v. when my wife wakes my up to tell me the woods and fields are on fire. I own 30 acres and my neighbor has a 5 acre piece with no house, just likes to plant trees on it. Anyway he decides to start a brush fire with the wind blowing pretty good. Next thing you know it`s out of control. This is rural Pa. here,no fire hydrants or anything . So I go out running with a shovel and rake beating the fire line out headed toward the house with a couple neighbors. All said and done 5 acres burned. I`m just happy it didn`t get to the gas well besides the house. How was your day?

Yah, I hate brush fires too ! I had 400 acres burn last year.

Where did you bury the neighbor?

:wallbash: Did you at least call the cops on him? That must be illegal! :thumbsup:

I didn`t need the shovel. He is one of those limp wristed types. Anyway he was nervous as a queer in a hotdog factory.

:devil: Seriously though, you need to call the cops. He could be charged with arson or at least being an arse!

1 car bridge, 1 boxcar bridges, 1 footbridge, 1 2bd. 2ba house, 3 - 1 bd. 1ba. cabins, 1 carriage house, 1 lodge, 3 power meters, miles of irrigation, mile of fencing, front gates gone, that kind of close.

Wow ,hope your doing alright now. I also lost a house years ago by fire.

That is a scare, glad to hear you stopped it from the house.

When I first started reading the post I thought you were

watching TV and saw Kathie Lee Gifford. I saw her this morning

and it scared the hell out of me. She needs to backoff the Botox.