Is there a limit to how many draft picks you can have?

ofiba

What if the Bills started selling off their roster for everyone in the league's 2018 1st round draft picks. You'd have to think that the value of a first round pick 10 years from now wouldn't be that high so we can get a real discount. If the Bills can round up every 1st round pick in the 2018 draft, they can really put themselves in a position to dominate by the year 2020.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Our team would be terrible and miss the playoffs every year until 2019." That might happen anyway. Why not take a chance and hope for a big time payoff!

:nana:

2021: Our Year.

Think about it. We can draft 4 QB's in the first round and still have 27 or so picks left!

That means we can run 2 QB's completely out of town and still have 2 more to have a legit controversy over.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Our team would be terrible and miss the playoffs every year until 2019." That might happen anyway.

Actually, I think the rookie signing pool $ you're allotted kind of puts the kibosh on it. The first pick alone is enough to put teams in a serious hole for a long time, and if he's a bust, the result is darn near tragic.

That's kinda why I'm a proponent of trying to never get a lower pick than ~ #9. Draft is a big crapshoot anyhow; why bust your cap to select some schmoe low when you have just as good a chance to get screwed over by a Mike Williams type for a hell of a lot less at, say, #20... or you could get a Nate Clements there.

Actually, I think the rookie signing pool $ you're allotted kind of puts the kibosh on it. The first pick alone is enough to put teams in a serious hole for a long time, and if he's a bust, the result is darn near tragic.

That's kinda why I'm a proponent of trying to never get a lower pick than ~ #9. Draft is a big crapshoot anyhow; why bust your cap to select some schmoe low when you have just as good a chance to get screwed over by a Mike Williams type for a hell of a lot less at, say, #20... or you could get a Nate Clements there.

Obviously, I was kidding with my post, but I would like to think that the NFL will get rookie contracts under control by 2020. As it stands now, NO ONE wants a top 5 pick. All these top picks getting more money than established players is ridiculous. A player should actually have to play some games before he gets paid like he's one of the best.

Obviously, I was kidding with my post, but I would like to think that the NFL will get rookie contracts under control by 2020. As it stands now, NO ONE wants a top 5 pick. All these top picks getting more money than established players is ridiculous. A player should actually have to play some games before he gets paid like he's one of the best.

Now thats crazy talk

What if the Bills started selling off their roster for everyone in the league's 2018 1st round draft picks. You'd have to think that the value of a first round pick 10 years from now wouldn't be that high so we can get a real discount. If the Bills can round up every 1st round pick in the 2018 draft, they can really put themselves in a position to dominate by the year 2020.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Our team would be terrible and miss the playoffs every year until 2019." That might happen anyway. Why not take a chance and hope for a big time payoff!

HAHAHA, I'm for it!!!!!!!

I kinda wanna try this. You cant trade for extra picks in different years in madden tho ;)

sh--

"Our team would be terrible and miss the playoffs every year until 2019." That might happen anyway. Why not take a chance and hope for a big time payoff!

Wasn't that the Bengals basic philosophy from 1990-about 2002?

You'd have tons of high picks up unitl 2018 too, you'd have to be careful not to get good by accident with 7 #1 overall selections.