Niagara Rises

I know that some of you on this site live in Niagara Falls or are originally from there. As you know the city is in deplorable shape. Last year I started a group to try and give the people a way to make a difference - as it was obvious that government wasn't going to right the ship alone.

What started as an idea has grown into a full-blown movement with over 70 people working on four sub-groups. Our next meeting is Tuesday, April 29th at 6:00 PM at the Day's Inn, 443 Main street, Niagara Falls. Please consider this an open invitation to attend if you care about the future of Niagara Falls.

Thanks,

Frank Thomas Croisdale (Chevyvanmiller)

You can find out more at Niagara Rises

I know that some of you on this site live in Niagara Falls or are originally from there. As you know the city is in deplorable shape. Last year I started a group to try and give the people a way to make a difference - as it was obvious that government wasn't going to right the ship alone.

What started as an idea has grown into a full-blown movement with over 70 people working on four sub-groups. Our next meeting is Tuesday, April 29th at 6:00 PM at the Day's Inn, 443 Main street, Niagara Falls. Please consider this an open invitation to attend if you care about the future of Niagara Falls.

Thanks,

If i still lived in the area, I'd attend. Good luck, the area REALLY needs the help. I'd love to have the opportunity to return, some day, and help out.

You might want to consider simplifying the web site, though. There is no good reason to have all that java and sound on what is, essentially, an information site. Web designers who aren't responsible with their toys shouldn't be allowed to play with them. :thumbsup:

If i still lived in the area, I'd attend. Good luck, the area REALLY needs the help. I'd love to have the opportunity to return, some day, and help out.

You might want to consider simplifying the web site, though. There is no good reason to have all that java and sound on what is, essentially, an information site. Web designers who aren't responsible with their toys shouldn't be allowed to play with them. :thumbsup:

The site will be redone shortly. We are going to add some blogs as well.

Let me know when you're visiting again. Maybe you can make a meeting then.

You know... the thing I was most interested to see, and was missing from the site, an actual plan of attack. Is there a plan of any sort?

There is a grand plan. What you see now is what we are calling "low hanging fruit" - things that we could get going quickly so that the group wasn't just talking (or, more to the point, bitching).

Thanks,

Great idea. I'll email the site to some of my friends/family members who still live in/around the city. I see a couple names that look familiar in the subgroups, so maybe my friends/family might be interested in helping out...

Great idea. I'll email the site to some of my friends/family members who still live in/around the city. I see a couple names that look familiar in the subgroups, so maybe my friends/family might be interested in helping out...

Thanks we can use all the help we can get. Btw, at the next meeting we are attempting to arrange a speaker from the return home to Buffalo organization. It's a concept where expatriates are encouraged to all return home during the same week to wax nostalgic about the old days and find out ways they can either land a good paying job and return or lend a hand in the renaissance from where they are now.

We're going to try nd set the same thing up for Niagara Falls. I know that in my 8 years with the newspaper, I've had countless emails from people saying "If I could only find a job making even 3/4 of what I'm making now, I'd be back in a heartbeat."

Keep the faith!