anyone want a bloody mary?

The Poojer

yeah i know, but this weekend for our easter festivities i was on a mission for the "fairer" sex in attendance to create the ultimate bloody mary and mimosa, so i am still on that train, plus i have the extra ingredients that will go bad if i dont use them and i hate wasting consumables...saving the beers for later

you want one dont you? its ok, you can have one and we won't judge :thumbsup:

quote name='westside' date='Mar 27 2008, 07:27 PM' post='990058']

Bloody Mary's ? Take off that skirt nancy boy and grab a shot and a beer! B-)

yeah i know, but this weekend for our easter festivities i was on a mission for the "fairer" sex in attendance to create the ultimate bloody mary and mimosa, so i am still on that train, plus i have the extra ingredients that will go bad if i dont use them and i hate wasting consumables...saving the beers for later

Well, if that's the case, drink up my good man. :thumbsup:

actually, this weekend for my concoctions i did add some canned beef stock, i know its not the same, but i wanted that extra "beefy" flavor that worcesteshire adds without the over saltiness

If you can get some decent au jus add it to a good tomato juice Bloody Mary. Oh and the horse radish is a good touch. Mind you it is a Bloody Bull w/ au jus.

actually, this weekend for my concoctions i did add some canned beef stock, i know its not the same, but i wanted that extra "beefy" flavor that worcesteshire adds without the over saltiness

try gelatin

I make a decent bloody- celery salt, fresh black pepper, spicy V8, horseradish, lemon, Worcestershire sauce- stalk of celery which has been salted

You are dead on for my recipe. Once in a while I shake things up a little and use Clamato rather than V8. Even if you believe that you would not like Clamato try it at least once. Most of you will be pleasantly surprised.

You are dead on for my recipe. Once in a while I shake things up a little and use Clamato rather than V8. Even if you believe that you would not like Clamato try it at least once. Most of you will be pleasantly surprised.

Many people like Bloody Caesars (a Bloody Mary made with Clamato). I have to wonder who was the first person to think it was a good idea to add clam juice to their drink. Pretty odd, of you ask me.