Heath Benedict found dead

wow - that's shocking. I watched him closely in some of the Senior Week drills that they had posted online. The guy was very impressive - extremely strong - tossed a couple DEs to the turf in one-on-ones. I thought we might take a look at him as at backup right tackle and maybe move him inside to backup at guard. The Jags were supposedly enamored with him, so I figured he'd be gone by the time we would consider a depth lineman.

thoughts and prayers. yet another reminder that these guys we always talk about are mortal.

Very bad news.... would've been a massive (literally, 333lbs) asset to any team he got drafted by.

Just goes to show the irony of life...

Guy I know smokes marijuana three times every day, gets drunk every night, does cocaine, heroin, or opium any time he can get his hands on it, ecstacy, pills, anything, and doesn't have a single health issue.

An up and up, in shape, soon to be NFL player who wasn't drinking or doing drugs, dies at random at the young age of 21.

Life just isn't fair.

My prayers are with his family and may god rest his soul.

It is a shame. I'm curious to see what the cause of death was...

Sometimes the same reason these guys are good football players is the same reason that they are a serious health risk. Their size. It's sad to hear and my prayers go out to his family and friends who must be devastated.

It is a shame. I'm curious to see what the cause of death was...

Sometimes the same reason these guys are good football players is the same reason that they are a serious health risk. Their size. It's sad to hear and my prayers go out to his family and friends who must be devastated.

The size of these guys and the stress they put on their bodies, between the violent nature of the game, the intense training and yes, the dietary supplements if not used properly, can cause serious health risks.

An up and up, in shape, soon to be NFL player who wasn't drinking or doing drugs, dies at random at the young age of 21.

Life just isn't fair.

My prayers are with his family and may god rest his soul.

Tell me about it...

I got a call on Easter Sunday informing me my assistant manager had passed away earlier that day of a massive heart attack at the age of 22. Great kid, hard worker... an autopsy found out he had a genetically enlarged heart that was never detected and his heart basically exploded...

Probably been the worst work week of my life, noone has been able to focus on work between going to the wake/funeral and bouts of crying when customer come into the store asking for him....

Its a real shame that those type of medical conditions go undetected until someone that age ends up dead, but the coroner said there was nothing that could have been done to save him even if they did know....it was just destined to happen at some point...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar situation with Benedict...