Looks like its going back to its hellish ways again

You mean to say that in the absence of a cease-fire between militias, the surge doesn't work?

Gee, I wish the board hadn't crashed, so the post where I said "The surge doesn't work, it's the cease-fire between militias" was still here.

How about the China thread?

And IMO, I dont see IRAQIS taking the lead and fighting the militias as a BAD thing.

Contrary to your idiodic beliefs, there may need to be (GASP!!) some conflict before the .....er.....conflict is solved.

Ummmmm....the government is simply using one militia to try and crush another you idiot

Is that the one where you said "Sunburn missiles are fast...!!!"

No, that's the other thread, the one where you actually compared hitting a tanker in the gulf to the US losing an F-117 bomber... :P:blink:

Low, by definition.

In the Balkans ten years ago, the Serbs shot down an F-117. The Iraqis managed a few air-to-air kills in Desert Storm.

What an idiot you are. I maen really

And BTW, Sunburns are fast! :blink:

Using friendly forces to fight unfriendly forces is kinda key to a strategy, dont you think? Moron.

Now lets discuss China's human rights records, shall we?

The Badr brigade is a friendly force???

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/badr.htm

God you are dumb, no wonder you follow Tommy like a little puppy dog. Dumb and dumber you guys are

Im going to assume that the OP here referred to the fighting going on right now. Im reading from all news srouces at MSNBC, CNN and Fox, that the fighting is between Shiite militias, considing of those loyal to Sadr and other like the Badr brigades you mention above, and Iraqi and US forces. So Im very confused where youre getting that the militias are fighting EACH OTHER.

Could you please expand on that and descirbe what you meant?

From my sources--I have friends there actually [not really]--the Iraqi government is using the Badr Brigade against the Madi army

As Time's Joe Klein observes, the operations in Basra are not without complications of their own. "The Iraqi Army in Basra is mostly composed of another renegade militia -- the Badr Corps, an organization founded by Iran and answerable to ISCI -- the Shi'ite faction led by the Hakim family, Sadr's great rival," Klein writes.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/

No, that's the other thread, the one where you actually compared hitting a tanker in the gulf to the US losing an F-117 bomber... :blink: :blink:

What an idiot you are. I maen really

And BTW, Sunburns are fast! :sick:

You mean, I compared the operational concept of an integrated system achieving a lucky shot to the operational concept of...an integrated system achieving a lucky shot? And you didn't understand?

Why, I can't believe that would ever happen! Alert the media! Stop the presses! Molson didn't understand something! :P

The Mahdi Army is composed of the Sadr Brigades, you buffoon. Even your link talks about Iraqi govt forces and US troops fighting the Mahdi Army.

What the hell are the "Sadr Brigades"?! The Badr Brigades are the armed wing of SCIRI, one of main parties in the so-called Iraqi government. The government forces are heavily drawn from them so it is not entirely incorrect to characterise this as a militia on militia conflict.

Im going to assume that the OP here referred to the fighting going on right now. Im reading from all news srouces at MSNBC, CNN and Fox, that the fighting is between Shiite militias, considing of those loyal to Sadr and other like the Badr brigades you mention above, and Iraqi and US forces. So Im very confused where youre getting that the militias are fighting EACH OTHER.

Could you please expand on that and descirbe what you meant?

The Iraqi and US forces are most definitely not fighting the Badr Brigades - the Iraqi forces are more or less the Badr Brigades.

What the hell are the "Sadr Brigades"?! The Badr Brigades are the armed wing of SCIRI, one of main parties in the so-called Iraqi government. The government forces are heavily drawn from them so it is not entirely incorrect to characterise this as a militia on militia conflict.

Oops, misread that one.