Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

What good did it do to get Lynch when they refused to use him in the passing game? How is it Losman's fault that Price went down with an injury? How is it Losman's fault that Dick and Steve decided to choke the life out of anything resembling unpredictability?

The smart football fans here know that Losman has one of the best arms in the league, and if given the chance to use that arm along with a strong running game and at least one more real receiving threat other than Lee Evans, that he indeed is the guy we've all been waiting for since Kelly left. But noooo, the smart Bills fans must endure this sham of a qb situation. We are supposed to buy in to the Trent Edwards is the much better QB myth. Sorry, I'm not just buying it. I must now hope that I'm very wrong on this since Trent is going in as the starter, but I don't think I am. I think that the NFL defenses picked up on Trent's lack of arm and his tendencies to throw the check down pass. This was clearly on display those last three games of the season. If Jauron had balls he'd get that #2 receiver and TE that we've all been waiting for and then let Trent and JPs go at it for the starting spot. If Losman eventually gets a chance with a team that has weapons, a line and a smart coaching staff he's going to make a lot of fans angry at how they were so duped by the coaching staff, media and fans for buying into this myth.

:)

Sorry but this is a horrible post. The thing is I like Losman a lot. But posts like this are what drives me crazy. You give Losman every excuse in the book, yet bash Edwards who was a rookie lat year. Well guess what champ. Edwards played in the same offense with the same personnel. In fact, Edwards played most the season with Reed as a starting receiver. Losman had Moulds and Price. Stop with the excuses. And stop with the Bills' fans having anything to do with this. A coaching staff (which you make like or not, I really don't care) picked Edwards, a rookie, over a 4th year guy. This staff has their jobs on the line and picked a rookie. A rookie who outperformed Losman as a 2nd year starter (please gimme more excuses for Losman's performance :P ). Seriously, Losman fans are making me dislike a guy I really have a lot of respect for.

And has there ever been this much outcry for an average 1st QB. Were team message boards going nuts over debating about Rick Mirer, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Patrick Ramsey, etc. This just in: because you have a cannon and were drafted in the 1st round, doesn't mean you are going succeed in this league.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it that you Losman bun huggers always come up with an excuse for Losman?

the smart football fans, in general, know that Losman may have a million dollar arm but a ten cent head. as for the QB myth, nobody's expecting anybody to buy into anything. some fans feel that Edwards couldn't do any worse. fortunately, some of them were right.

Exactly. This Losman movement is so annoying. Losman had a new coordinators, bad coaching, bad teammates, blah, blah. But Edwards, even though he is a rookie, just sucks and has a bad arm. That's how Losmanics think. :)

And for the record, I really do like Losman. And you will never hear me say anything about Edwards being the savior. All I know is this: I have 4 years of evidence of Losman being a QB who has been average to below average for most of his starts (except 5 games in 2006). I only have one year of Edwards. While he had his problems and bad games, there's a lot to like. And if you were a Bills fan instead of a fan of just one player, you'd see that and be fairly excited.

Seriously, Losman fans are making me dislike a guy I really have a lot of respect for.

Yes, indeed. How dare anyone, much less a Bills fan, actually cheer for or try to have a positive to neutral attitude toward the Bills former starting QB. What pompous asininity! These "Losman Apologists" [sic] need to get their sh1t together and join the collective think or be amazed at the misplaced bitterness and hatred that will ensue!

Yes, indeed. How dare anyone, much less a Bills fan, actually cheer for or try to have a positive to neutral attitude toward the Bills former starting QB. What pompous asininity! These "Losman Apologists" [sic] need to get their sh1t together and join the collective think or be amazed at the misplaced bitterness and hatred that will ensue!

It's one thing to support a player. It's another thing to consistently make excuses for his performance and then bash a rookie QB without justification.

how is it that you Losman bun huggers always come up with an excuse for Losman?

the smart football fans, in general, know that Losman may have a million dollar arm but a ten cent head. as for the QB myth, nobody's expecting anybody to buy into anything. some fans feel that Edwards couldn't do any worse. fortunately, some of them were right.

Sorry not a bun hugger, just giving an opinion here. As for excuses, there are "excuses" and then there's something called "valid excuses". I think that while JP made some errors along the way in 2007, there were many valid excuses as to why the offense was so putrid and his QB performance was down the list for me. The way I look at things now is that JP has a proven deep ball that NFL defenses feared in 2006 and Trent "currently" does not. Trent can still overcome that, but to do that he's obviously going to have to eventually punish defenses with the long ball if he's ever going to have real success and get the Bills to the playoffs. Ever wonder why JP is still on this team? If he truly had no shot at success for this team, coaching staff and front office, why would the Bills even DEAL with having him here as a possible distraction for Edwards? Think about that. Losman is STILL on this team. They know that he's gone next year so why don't they actively shop him for mid to lower round draft picks in the 2008 draft? Picks that could be used to move back into the first if they do not select the WR at 11. I'll tell you why. It's because of Trent's last three games where NFL defenses clearly had the book and film on him. The Bills still don't know if he can get the defenses back on their heels like Losman did. They also don't know if Trent is too fragile for the riggers of the NFL. These are legit questions that even the Bills are clearly concerned with. If they weren't, JP would be being shopped around for pretty much anything. So you guys can laugh it off or whatever, but this Edwards/Losman isn't a closed deal until Edwards shows a good enough arm and stamina to have real success with the Bills and in the NFL. The Bills haven't closed the book on Losman so that right there is a red flag that they are not completely sold on Edwards. The Bills obviously feel Losman still may be the QB we've all been waiting on. There's clearly enough of a chance of that happening that they're willing to deal with the possible distraction as opposed to gaining an extra pick to use in a trade up scenario. Having said all that, I'll be rooting for Edwards to play lights out. I'm just very glad that Losman is still here and that the Bills still believe in him enough to keep him as the safety net if Edwards can't loosen up the opposing defenses or gets hurt again.

Sorry not a bun hugger, just giving an opinion here. As for excuses, there are "excuses" and then there's something called "valid excuses". I think that while JP made some errors along the way in 2007, there were many valid excuses as to why the offense was so putrid and his QB performance was down the list for me. The way I look at things now is that JP has a proven deep ball that NFL defenses feared in 2006 and Trent "currently" does not. Trent can still overcome that, but to do that he's obviously going to have to eventually punish defenses with the long ball if he's ever going to have real success and get the Bills to the playoffs. Ever wonder why JP is still on this team? If he truly had no shot at success for this team, coaching staff and front office, why would the Bills even DEAL with having him here as a possible distraction for Edwards? Think about that. Losman is STILL on this team. They know that he's gone next year so why don't they actively shop him for mid to lower round draft picks in the 2008 draft? Picks that could be used to move back into the first if they do not select the WR at 11. I'll tell you why. It's because of Trent's last three games where NFL defenses clearly had the book and film on him. The Bills still don't know if he can get the defenses back on their heels like Losman did. They also don't know if Trent is too fragile for the riggers of the NFL. These are legit questions that even the Bills are clearly concerned with. If they weren't, JP would be being shopped around for pretty much anything. So you guys can laugh it off or whatever, but this Edwards/Losman isn't a closed deal until Edwards shows a good enough arm and stamina to have real success with the Bills and in the NFL. The Bills haven't closed the book on Losman so that right there is a red flag that they are not completely sold on Edwards. The Bills obviously feel Losman still may be the QB we've all been waiting on. There's clearly enough of a chance of that happening that they're willing to deal with the possible distraction as opposed to gaining an extra pick to use in a trade up scenario. Having said all that, I'll be rooting for Edwards to play lights out. I'm just very glad that Losman is still here and that the Bills still believe in him enough to keep him as the safety net if Edwards can't loosen up the opposing defenses or gets hurt again.

If I remember correctly, you are consistently whining about Jauron. How comes Losman gets "valid excuses" yet Jauron doesn't???

And honestly, you can make excuses for every player in the NFL. On my team, I want the guy who still makes plays despite "valid excuses." Through 4 years, that's not been Losman. It's a big boys league and things happen. Players have to deal with it or they lose their jobs. There's hundreds of Losmans out there, yet few Favres. It takes more than a cannon arm.

:)

Sorry but this is a horrible post. The thing is I like Losman a lot. But posts like this are what drives me crazy. You give Losman every excuse in the book, yet bash Edwards who was a rookie lat year. Well guess what champ. Edwards played in the same offense with the same personnel. In fact, Edwards played most the season with Reed as a starting receiver. Losman had Moulds and Price. Stop with the excuses. And stop with the Bills' fans having anything to do with this. A coaching staff (which you make like or not, I really don't care) picked Edwards, a rookie, over a 4th year guy. This staff has their jobs on the line and picked a rookie. A rookie who outperformed Losman as a 2nd year starter (please gimme more excuses for Losman's performance :P ). Seriously, Losman fans are making me dislike a guy I really have a lot of respect for.

And has there ever been this much outcry for an average 1st QB. Were team message boards going nuts over debating about Rick Mirer, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Patrick Ramsey, etc. This just in: because you have a cannon and were drafted in the 1st round, doesn't mean you are going succeed in this league.

What???? So now someone calling "Trent Edwards is a much better QB than JP Losman" a myth is now being described by you as bashing Edwards? That's so damn laughable, you clearly need to get some thicker skin.

What???? So now someone calling "Trent Edwards is a much better QB than JP Losman" a myth is now being described by you as bashing Edwards? That's so damn laughable, you clearly need to get some thicker skin.

You are the biggest Trent basher on this site, why don't you go back and read some of your posts....

You are the biggest Trent basher on this site, why don't you go back and read some of your posts....

Bull sh__. Please show me where I bashed Trent. I don't recall ever bashing the guy and if I ever did it was just to take a jab at the ruthless Losman bashers. The Losman bashing at TSW is a thousand times the level of the so-called Trent bashing buddy. Give us a break.

Seriously, Losman fans are making me dislike a guy I really have a lot of respect for.

don't let the bun huggers do that to you. their ignorance shouldn't have any reflection on how you feel about a player. as Bills fans, we can only hope that Losman will find a way to make himself a better QB going into this season.

so now you're going to "cherry pick" excuses? puhleeeease,we heard them all. the rest of your post is constant blabbering to defend Losman.we've heard it over and over and over and over and over.......... maybe you should go holler in space with the other ear benders.

a typical bun hugger spinning it the way he/she wants to believe it. Biscuit never said anything about Edwards being a much better QB than Losman. while you claim that some need to get thicker skin around here, i'll claim that some just need to pull their heads out of their asses.

they can't. quite a few posts got deleted from the so-called crash. i think Westinghouse is onto something.

Bull sh__. Please show me where I bashed Trent. I don't recall ever bashing the guy and if I ever did it was just to take a jab at the ruthless Losman bashers. The Losman bashing at TSW is a thousand times the level of the so-called Trent bashing buddy. Give us a break.

the excuses around here are enough to fill up a sh___er real quick too. give US a break.

a typical bun hugger spinning it the way he/she wants to believe it. Biscuit never said anything about Edwards being a much better QB than Losman. while you claim that some need to get thicker skin around here, i'll claim that some just need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Reading comprehension not your strongest suit, is it. I fully understand your anger and inability to have a disagreement without name calling.

Reading comprehension not your strongest suit, is it. I fully understand your anger and inability to have a disagreement without name calling.

why is it when i read your posts, Charlie Brown's teachers voice appears inside my head?

Exactly. This Losman movement is so annoying. Losman had a new coordinators, bad coaching, bad teammates, blah, blah. But Edwards, even though he is a rookie, just sucks and has a bad arm. That's how Losmanics think. :P

And for the record, I really do like Losman. And you will never hear me say anything about Edwards being the savior. All I know is this: I have 4 years of evidence of Losman being a QB who has been average to below average for most of his starts (except 5 games in 2006). I only have one year of Edwards. While he had his problems and bad games, there's a lot to like. And if you were a Bills fan instead of a fan of just one player, you'd see that and be fairly excited.

You Trentites CONSTANTLY bring up JP's 4 years in the league despite the FACT he only threw like 4 passes his ROOKIE year, and was jerked around his 2nd & 4th year. This is not to mention the lack of a decent O-line, and crappy team in general. NO QB IN THE NFL WOULD HAVE HAD SUCCESS UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. Next year Trent will be surrounded by a MUCH BETTER TEAM than JP ever had, we shall see how he does. :)

It's one thing to support a player. It's another thing to consistently make excuses for his performance and then bash a rookie QB without justification.
"bash a rookie QB without justification." WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION? Are you serious? DID YOU SEE THE DALLAS GAME? (If you didn't it will be on NFL Network, Sunday 4/6 @ 7PM & 4/7@ 6AM) Along with the last three games of the year I think that is PLENTY of justification. I will not put those games all on Trent however, Juaron, Fairchild & the ENTIRE TEAM played a part in those losses, just as they did in JP's losses.

I dont like all these names that have been created..Trentites. Losmaniacs..All of them do nothing but incite anger and make probably a knowledgeable football fan look at a situation with emotion instead of using common sense..For sure Losman was yanked around however he just didnt seem to be able to get over the hump of being a prospect with good potential to being a winning qb in the NFL....No one knows if Edwards is going to be that qb or not, what we do know is he played ok for a rookie qb, he didnt finish well and he needs to perform and improve...I wont make any excuses for him or any one else on this team..Win or move on thats what its about..I had my fill of Jp Losman as qb of the Buffalo Bills..I want to see someone else try and win games for my team..And if Edwards doesnt then we better find one that can because this is old....

I dont like all these names that have been created..Trentites. Losmaniacs..All of them do nothing but incite anger and make probably a knowledgeable football fan look at a situation with emotion instead of using common sense..For sure Losman was yanked around however he just didnt seem to be able to get over the hump of being a prospect with good potential to being a winning qb in the NFL....No one knows if Edwards is going to be that qb or not, what we do know is he played ok for a rookie qb, he didnt finish well and he needs to perform and improve...I wont make any excuses for him or any one else on this team..Win or move on thats what its about..I had my fill of Jp Losman as qb of the Buffalo Bills..I want to see someone else try and win games for my team..And if Edwards doesnt then we better find one that can because this is old....
IF Trent sucks next year will you have had your fill of him? I will have, & I hope the Bills draft a QB this year to be on Deck. As far as names go, Trentite or even Losmaniac are NOT DEMEANING, BUN HUGGER & other such names are. :)

IF Trent sucks next year will you have had your fill of him? I will have, & I hope the Bills draft a QB this year to be on Deck. As far as names go, Trentite or even Losmaniac are NOT DEMEANING, BUN HUGGER & other such names are. :)

If you Cant see the meaning of the post I guess it doesnt matter then...