Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

screwed ?

He's had more chances than any QB I can think of.

You're sure he would be a lot better ?

He'd be a lot better than what ?

You go on and on about crusading for /against a player but look at everyone of your posts today( your total post count). Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

Oh yeah BTW there was a secret canoe club meeting by the MODS to delete certain posts to help the JP faithful out! You totally figured that one out all by yourself so way to go.

Keep posting your senseless drivel as I do believe that TSW is looking for a new whipping boy!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that didn't take very long to out one of JP's overly emotional fan club.

Nothing in any post I make attacks anyone.

I talk about teams and players with no need to start into any of that.

But then again I dont get attached to QBs , that would be impossible for me.

A cheerleader can catch my eye , a QB no .

You spew a bunch of garbage and nothing else. I am a Buffalo Bills fan and will root for whoever is playing for my team. One guy don't win ball games last time I checked.

Haha you cannot be serious with this.

Kettle calling the pot black.

If there is anyone over the last year that was unable to discuss the QB position like someone who was older than 9 it was you.

But now that you ate your humble pie all those big mouthed rants and personal attacks of yours ( that have been removed by the mods) you've toned

your arrogant act down a few notches.

I see now though that you aren't the self professed authority you used to try to pawn yourself off as .

(with the help of the mods silencing anyone that upstaged you)

So now tell us what you know about football .

Why are you instead talking about meaningless crap like this instead?

Seems that now you are reduced to commending Losman for having a good attitude.

What happened to all the boisterous garbage about how Edwards would be nothing but a clipboard holder for 'JP' ?

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+Quote Post

No attacks there huh? :unsure:

Wow that is like a novel , holy cow.

I guess it's reasonable to say that you have a strong attachment to Losman.

If he is that high in demand the Bills should trade him now because they invested an awful lot by way of time and draft choices and haven't gotten much

in return .

I am one fan with little attachment to Losman as I am quite certain that he is done as a Bill. I am also pretty certain that those who claim he has no value as a football player and that he is certain to fail in any situation are also probably wrong.

Losman has failed as a QB here and in particular I think he is done here because he called himself out saying Jax was make or break for him and he broke. He would need to restore his teammate's faith in him first (this can be done with a good performance in a clutch situation in a game which he has done before as a Bill as recently as last season so I have little doubt he can do this.

However, I think there is little he can do regardless of his onfield performance to sway the folks at WGR who make a lot of money bashing him or legends in their own mind like Jerry Sullivan even with good on field performances. i think that most Bills fans simply care about what have you done on the field for us and they can forgive and forger. However, there is also a small but vocal fan base that is most entertained by seeing a millionaire athlete fail and these folks stoked by the anti-Bills coverage of the media will simply lay in wait even if he does well on the field and at the first mortal failing of any athlete they will squeal I told you so.

On TSW we have gone through this as the Bills rushed along TC before he was ready (if he ever could have been ready was actually a question but starting him without training the happy feet out of him was an error0. We saw it with the attempts to pretend the AVP effect which made him an effective relief guy was transmogrified into foolish investment in him as a starter.

We saw this with the stupid reach for Billy Joe Hobert who was so stupid he had to be cut mid-season,

We saw this with this with foolish long-term signing of RJ who we should have had prove himself on the field before we gave him the guarantee and if there was no way to have him play without the guarantee we should not have traded for him.

We saw this with the QB controversy and Ralph exercising his right as an owner to mettle to the ultimate cost to the team.

We saw this with the foolish decision to extend Bledsoe's deal (trading for him initially was actually a smart move by us but extending him rather than cutting our losses was foolish.

We saw this with rushing JP to start before he was ready.

However, though I think all this was true, I do not think it necessarily follows that JP is done as a player in the NFL, but I am pretty certain he is done as a Bills and I have little attachment to him and instead root for Edwards to prove (for the first time) that he deserves the starting QB slot.

He was impressive for a rookie last year and deserves to start (as I see no other alternative for us) but I am under no illusion that his impressive play for a rookie is any proof that he is up to be a starter. I hope he is, but will not be shocked if he is not and will not be surprised at all when those declaring him a savior now turn on him as soon as he proves to be human.

Oh yeah BTW there was a secret canoe club meeting by the MODS to delete certain posts to help the JP faithful out! You totally figured that one out all by yourself so way to go.

Did they come up with a super secret handshake? You can't have a secret club meeting without one of those :thumbsup:

I am one fan with little attachment to Losman as I am quite certain that he is done as a Bill. I am also pretty certain that those who claim he has no value as a football player and that he is certain to fail in any situation are also probably wrong.

Losman has failed as a QB here and in particular I think he is done here because he called himself out saying Jax was make or break for him and he broke. He would need to restore his teammate's faith in him first (this can be done with a good performance in a clutch situation in a game which he has done before as a Bill as recently as last season so I have little doubt he can do this.

However, I think there is little he can do regardless of his onfield performance to sway the folks at WGR who make a lot of money bashing him or legends in their own mind like Jerry Sullivan even with good on field performances. i think that most Bills fans simply care about what have you done on the field for us and they can forgive and forger. However, there is also a small but vocal fan base that is most entertained by seeing a millionaire athlete fail and these folks stoked by the anti-Bills coverage of the media will simply lay in wait even if he does well on the field and at the first mortal failing of any athlete they will squeal I told you so.

On TSW we have gone through this as the Bills rushed along TC before he was ready (if he ever could have been ready was actually a question but starting him without training the happy feet out of him was an error0. We saw it with the attempts to pretend the AVP effect which made him an effective relief guy was transmogrified into foolish investment in him as a starter.

We saw this with the stupid reach for Billy Joe Hobert who was so stupid he had to be cut mid-season,

We saw this with this with foolish long-term signing of RJ who we should have had prove himself on the field before we gave him the guarantee and if there was no way to have him play without the guarantee we should not have traded for him.

We saw this with the QB controversy and Ralph exercising his right as an owner to mettle to the ultimate cost to the team.

We saw this with the foolish decision to extend Bledsoe's deal (trading for him initially was actually a smart move by us but extending him rather than cutting our losses was foolish.

However, though I think all this was true, I do not think it necessarily follows that JP is done as a player in the NFL, but I am pretty certain he is done as a Bills and I have little attachment to him and instead root for Edwards to prove (for the first time) that he deserves the starting QB slot.

He was impressive for a rookie last year and deserves to start (as I see no other alternative for us) but I am under no illusion that his impressive play for a rookie is any proof that he is up to be a starter. I hope he is, but will not be shocked if he is not and will not be surprised at all when those declaring him a savior now turn on him as soon as he proves to be human.

This is the problem I have with this whole argument. I dont ever recall ANYONE annointing him the Messiah..I recall posters having seen enough of the JP run offense and when Trent had his chance he SHOWED a little hope..He made nice reads and moved the offense a little smoother than JP it seemed..People saw that and made their decsion that they would rather C Trent than JP..I NEVER saw or promoted Trent a so called savior..I promoted him as being next inline to try as Buffalo Bills QB..If he doesnt pan out then bring on the next one till they get a good QB...My opinion is that due to the past history of Qb debates that those who latched on to JP as a fan didnt want him to lose his job and felt he wasnt given the time or proper coaching to succeed...I respect that..I dont necessarily agree with it all but I can see their argument....

Did they come up with a super secret handshake? You can't have a secret club meeting without one of those :thumbsup:

Yes there was a handshake but it went something like : 2 jet x shallow y cross fake 40 I think.

Way too many moving parts for me!

My guess is that more than a couple of teams will be interested in a player like JP if he hit FA with is current stats and situation. My sense is they would want to sign him (and likely be happy to pay a pretty penny for him) cause:

1. He is an experienced NFL starter who certainly has not led a winning team in the NFL, but he has compiled personal stats that do not suck (despite the statements of fans who have shown a lot of football knowledge on other issues) but are at the least in the middle of the pack (and easily have been in the upper middle of stat compilations for extended times in his short career). I know many Bills fans hate him and he has disappointed us because he never has led this team to be a winner.

However, I my sense is that this disappointment is as much rooted in us Bills fans having high expectations and need for a winning QB after more than a decade of failing to replace Jimbo with a QB who wins a solid majority of the fans and media over for a long time and given the long playoff drought.

JP clearly failed here, but one has to be pretty blind not recognize that there were a lot of factors that led to this failure in addition to his not being to cut it as an athlete here. Other teams will realize that this same situation will not exist in his new environs and though it is no guarantee that JP will become a star, it has happened way to many times that a player or even a QB fails miserably in one gig (or two in Brad Johnson's case) and can come back to QB a team to even the ultimate achievement (Johnson, Dilfer, et al).

2. JP had great achievement running for his life but still being productive in college such that he scored a 1st round pick that most thought was legit (many had him as the 4th best QB in that draft and that is where he went. And after 4 seasons (5 when he hits FA but this reverie is based on an assumption (and hope because I hope Edwards is that productive in his second year) that he will not have played so much in his young career that he is used up at all). Not only is he that rarity of a young man with a good dose of NFL starting experience), but his demographics that got him picked in the 1st are still there. There likely will be a ton of teams looking for a new starting QB and likely JP would be one of the most desirable hopes on the market.

3. The idea that JP deserves a harsher judgment because he failed under more than one HC or QB coach tandem ignores the fact that while having multiple tutors does not excuse failure (I think JP is done as a Bill and has to leave here) but this is a real world reason. JP's training has featured him being rushed into the QB job before he had earned it (by his own admission) under Wyche/MM/a couple of OCs. After this debacle he had a hopeful first year under Jauron/Fairchild but not only turned out to be a square peg when a different type of QB was needed for the lame Fairchild O, but he was knocked out of the line0up by a cheapshot from Wilfork (important because two trips to the injured list might raise questions of whether he is injury prone, but given he came back to show good episodes of play after both injuries (his 16 starts last year showed some durability and he played well enough folks were hopeful coming into last season and after he got cheapshotted he did rally the team back to wins and retook the QB job with his play til he called himself out and failed against Jax).

JP clearly is not the best athlete in the NFL (like just about everyone else) but it seems clear that neither Bills braintrust chose to play an offensive style which better suited his talents (which he demonstrated behind the Tulane turnstyles and in several NFL episodes. This is not an unreasonable choice as the best players can play and win with multiple styles. However, seeing the reality that JP is not among the best does not mean at all that he must suck. There are more the two options here.

If JP chooses the right situation in FA and a team is smart enough to only go after him when they can play well using a rolling pocket and playing with a mobile QB rather than asking him to play a static game, JP has every potential to play quite well.

I think JP is done as a Bill in large part not only because he called himself out declaring Jax a make or break game and he broke, but I do not think that the newsmedia here will be willing to value the Bills winning more than them selling column inches with a QB controversy. He could easily win back his teammates confidence if he pulled off a performance like the one he already has done here against NYJ last year. However, the local media will never give him a chance to win back their pretend loyalty even if he QB'ed the team to the playoffs.

In addition, there are a set of vocal fans here on TSW and who are happy to call into WGR who are far more entertained by declaring that an athlete sux and is overpaid regardless of how he does than they are with rooting for an athlete to lead the Bills to victory.

Will JP be a star elsewhere? Maybe or maybe not. He would need to make good choices to find a team that uses his talents well and he would need a good OC and QB coach (something he never had here) who put him in a position to do what he does best and minimize what he does poorly. Also like every NFL player he will have to get lucky.

It easily can happen but there is no guarantee. However, I think the possibility he can do an adequate job at his next stop are actually likely higher than the chances he will suck. Him making a choice and signing with a team that invests in him will likely be a far better situation than him playing for Jauron/Fairchild where he was simply something that came along with the team.

Wow that is like a novel , holy cow.

just be thankful that you don't have to hear it in person. you'd walk away minus two ears.

This is the problem I have with this whole argument. I dont ever recall ANYONE annointing him the Messiah..I recall posters having seen enough of the JP run offense and when Trent had his chance he SHOWED a little hope.

this is a prime example how Losman fans spin it the way THEY only see it. be careful, she might accuse you of cherry picking facts too. :thumbsup:

This is the problem I have with this whole argument. I dont ever recall ANYONE annointing him the Messiah..I recall posters having seen enough of the JP run offense and when Trent had his chance he SHOWED a little hope..He made nice reads and moved the offense a little smoother than JP it seemed..People saw that and made their decsion that they would rather C Trent than JP..I NEVER saw or promoted Trent a so called savior..I promoted him as being next inline to try as Buffalo Bills QB..If he doesnt pan out then bring on the next one till they get a good QB...My opinion is that due to the past history of Qb debates that those who latched on to JP as a fan didnt want him to lose his job and felt he wasnt given the time or proper coaching to succeed...I respect that..I dont necessarily agree with it all but I can see their argument....

That is very true. It seemed like there was an immediate backlash against Edwards, amongst many. It seemed like JP fans were changing their names, and avatars to be sarcastic, because the word "poise" was associated with Edwards from day one...almost like a litte green monster was at work...

this is a prime example how Losman fans spin it the way THEY only see it. be careful, she might accuse you of cherry picking facts too. :thumbsup:

I do not see how I cam be classified as a JP fan when I am quite certain his time as a Bill is (and should be done since he called himself out and failed) done.

If anything I am simply a Bills fan and as JP's highest and best use for the Bills IMHO is to trade him in the hopes of getting some undeserved gift like we got when TD unloaded PP for a 1st is to see him gone.

Right now I am and Edwards fan and I hope he proves to be the next Joe Montana (though my football sense doubts this will be the case as he has not even earned the starter role which has been handed to him with production on the field).

However, if Hamdan somehow got into several games and proved through performance to be great then I say sit Edwards faster than you can say bench.

Some are into the NFL because they are fans of individual players. Some are entertained by the NFL because it gives them some pleasure to see this millionaires fail and a QB controversy is just what they want.

Count me in as a Bills fan though not a blind one. I think JP even if he plays well now would cause such stupidity and whining from the media and such fans I hope he is gone and brings us an undeserved deal for him.

I think JP is a talented athlete who is still young and with a lot of starting experience who in the right hands that maximizes his strengths (mobility, able to improvise positive plays, big arm) and minimize his weaknesses (not a pocket passer, a good reactor but his play suffers when he has to think too much) he can be a very good performer.

Our grinding offensive style has a chance of improving with Fairchild gone but overall it ain't gonna change and JP is not the guy for us/

If this view qualifies me as a friend of JP as far as football goes he needs a few more enemies.

I do not see how I cam be classified as a JP fan when I am quite certain his time as a Bill is (and should be done since he called himself out and failed) done.

If anything I am simply a Bills fan and as JP's highest and best use for the Bills IMHO is to trade him in the hopes of getting some undeserved gift like we got when TD unloaded PP for a 1st is to see him gone.

Right now I am and Edwards fan and I hope he proves to be the next Joe Montana (though my football sense doubts this will be the case as he has not even earned the starter role which has been handed to him with production on the field).

However, if Hamdan somehow got into several games and proved through performance to be great then I say sit Edwards faster than you can say bench.

Some are into the NFL because they are fans of individual players. Some are entertained by the NFL because it gives them some pleasure to see this millionaires fail and a QB controversy is just what they want.

Count me in as a Bills fan though not a blind one. I think JP even if he plays well now would cause such stupidity and whining from the media and such fans I hope he is gone and brings us an undeserved deal for him.

I think JP is a talented athlete who is still young and with a lot of starting experience who in the right hands that maximizes his strengths (mobility, able to improvise positive plays, big arm) and minimize his weaknesses (not a pocket passer, a good reactor but his play suffers when he has to think too much) he can be a very good performer.

Our grinding offensive style has a chance of improving with Fairchild gone but overall it ain't gonna change and JP is not the guy for us/

If this view qualifies me as a friend of JP as far as football goes he needs a few more enemies.

i should be thankful that i still have my ears as well. as you continue to babble on, let me start by saying that we're ALL Bills fans. unlike you and others, some of us don't sit here and make excuses for Losman. his actions on the field spoke for itself. it's gotten to the point where some of us are tired of the continued excuses made for Losman. management has done a better job getting some talent in Buffalo and we're STILL watching the same horrible reruns displayed at the QB position.

as for Edwards, some people felt that he couldn't do any worse. it may have been only ONE person who labeled Edwards as a Messiah, but the people who are hugging Losman's jock want to spin it a different way. some of us will play the game and spin it with you. it doesn't feel good when the shoe is on the other foot, does it?

i should be thankful that i still have my ears as well. as you continue to babble on, let me start by saying that we're ALL Bills fans. unlike you and others, some of us don't sit here and make excuses for Losman. his actions on the field spoke for itself. it's gotten to the point where some of us are tired of the continued excuses made for Losman. management has done a better job getting some talent in Buffalo and we're STILL watching the same horrible reruns displayed at the QB position.

as for Edwards, some people felt that he couldn't do any worse. it may have been only ONE person who labeled Edwards as a Messiah, but the people who are hugging Losman's jock want to spin it a different way. some of us will play the game and spin it with you. it doesn't feel good when the shoe is on the other foot, does it?

If you scream in outer space does anyone hear you.

What good did it do to get Lynch when they refused to use him in the passing game? How is it Losman's fault that Price went down with an injury? How is it Losman's fault that Dick and Steve decided to choke the life out of anything resembling unpredictability?

The smart football fans here know that Losman has one of the best arms in the league, and if given the chance to use that arm along with a strong running game and at least one more real receiving threat other than Lee Evans, that he indeed is the guy we've all been waiting for since Kelly left. But noooo, the smart Bills fans must endure this sham of a qb situation. We are supposed to buy in to the Trent Edwards is the much better QB myth. Sorry, I'm not just buying it. I must now hope that I'm very wrong on this since Trent is going in as the starter, but I don't think I am. I think that the NFL defenses picked up on Trent's lack of arm and his tendencies to throw the check down pass. This was clearly on display those last three games of the season. If Jauron had balls he'd get that #2 receiver and TE that we've all been waiting for and then let Trent and JPs go at it for the starting spot. If Losman eventually gets a chance with a team that has weapons, a line and a smart coaching staff he's going to make a lot of fans angry at how they were so duped by the coaching staff, media and fans for buying into this myth.

What good did it do to get Lynch when they refused to use him in the passing game? How is it Losman's fault that Price went down with an injury? How is it Losman's fault that Dick and Steve decided to choke the life out of anything resembling unpredictability?

The smart football fans here know that Losman has one of the best arms in the league, and if given the chance to use that arm along with a strong running game and at least one more real receiving threat other than Lee Evans, that he indeed is the guy we've all been waiting for since Kelly left. But noooo, the smart Bills fans must endure this sham of a qb situation. We are supposed to buy in to the Trent Edwards is the much better QB myth. Sorry, I'm not just buying it. I must now hope that I'm very wrong on this since Trent is going in as the starter, but I don't think I am. I think that the NFL defenses picked up on Trent's lack of arm and his tendencies to throw the check down pass. This was clearly on display those last three games of the season. If Jauron had balls he'd get that #2 receiver and TE that we've all been waiting for and then let Trent and JPs go at it for the starting spot. If Losman eventually gets a chance with a team that has weapons, a line and a smart coaching staff he's going to make a lot of fans angry at how they were so duped by the coaching staff, media and fans for buying into this myth.

how is it that you Losman bun huggers always come up with an excuse for Losman?

the smart football fans, in general, know that Losman may have a million dollar arm but a ten cent head. as for the QB myth, nobody's expecting anybody to buy into anything. some fans feel that Edwards couldn't do any worse. fortunately, some of them were right.

I dont ever recall ANYONE annointing him the Messiah.

Fortunately for you, the board and evidence was wiped out.

I've read your point about Losman "calling himself out" numerous times now. While this interpretation is condemning, I wonder about its veracity. I mean, Losman could've just been telling the truth (as he was about Fairchild) in this regard. The coaches may have given him an ultimatum that unless he graded out at a certain level in that game, he was going to lose his job. In reality, management often does not have to spoon feed the staff about changes as who is viewed as star/savior and who is not is fairly obvious through management's conduct and how situations develop. Of course, this discounts those telepathic IQ tests made through a TV or binoculars. :thumbsup: