WR's that will make it to Round 2

Got_Wood

Likely round 2 WR picks:

- Devin Thomas, MSU (maybe)

- Jordy Nelson, K-State

- Mario Manningham, U-Mich

- Early Doucet, LSU

- Andre Caldwell, Flo

Personally, I really like Thomas and Nelson. Not a huge fan of the others. I really hope we can trade down in the first and have our choice of all of the top WR's.

I think we need to snag a guy later as well. Someone like DJ Hall, Adrian Arrington, Marcus Monk, Adarius Bowman, or Mario Urrutia.

Early Doucet = Josh Reed

Andre Caldwell, really lookd good at the SB (from the ones I saw) got great separation fron the DB's

Mario Manningham, Mr.Drop the guy sucks

Jordy Nelson, neer saw him play but I heard he can't get separation

Devin Thomas, Guy put up good numbers in only 1 year but I'll take him over this bunch

Mario Urrutia, He's soft. He's 6'6 but he plays like he is 5'9. He is scared to go over the middle. He didn't dominate opponents that he should have. He isn't going to be a good NFL player. He has a questionable work ethic. I'm just not sold on his mental abilities and intangibles. He has bust written all over him.

His stats are misleading because Petrino's system was a great offensive system and the routes in the playbooks were just perfect.

He isn't a very good blocker considering his size.

HUGE maybe that Devin Thomas lasts till the 2nd round - qucik reasoning - size, measurables are excellent, was highly productive and doesn't have injury baggage. Many think we might take him in the first.

Doucet is a lot like Reed but probably faster and more athletic.

Jordy is solid - if a guy like Gonzales in Indy is worth a late first, he's probably worth a second. I kind of see him more as a big slot target with long speed that would cause matchup problems more than I see him as an outside receiver (at least for a couple seasons).

Not sure I agree about Manningham being a dropper - but I don't see us taking him anyway - character issues and a little slight for what we are looking for

I don't know enough about Caldwell - generally I don't trust Florida receivers for some reason. Great speed though and good size.

I see us taking two WRs in the draft. I think we take one in the first round, either at #11, in which case we take Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed, or we trade back and acquire Devin Thomas or James Hardy. Mario Manningham is NOT an option for the Bills. He is a Lee Evans clone and the Bills want a taller guy for the #2 position, not another Lee Evans who is less than 6' tall.

I also think that the Bills will take a second receiver in the Fourth or Fifth round. I like Jordy Nelson and Arrington from UM. I also do not think they are 2nd round caliber receivers and would hate to see us take one of them in the 2nd. My prediction for what the Bills do is as follows:

Trade the #11 to Dallas for their #22 and #28 so that Dallas can get RB Mendenhall whom they really want.

Then:

1a. Devin Thomas WR or Malcolm Kelly WR (if he lasts this long which is unlikely)

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Adrian Arrington WR or Jordy Nelson WR

6. Roach FS

7a. Spanos C/G

7b. D-Line (for Depth as I think we will sign Jason Hall or Kalimba Edwards in FA)

The only ones of that group I'd expect to still be available are Nelson and Caldwell. The others will very likely be off the board. I like Nelson, but not as someone I'd rely on as a rookie. Caldwell? Straight-line speed, only.

Devin Thomas will be a first round pick and quite possibly the first WR off the board. Athletically, he'd also seem to be the best fit of the taller receivers in this Bills offense, given their reliance on quick timing routes and the necessity for precise route running.

I see us taking two WRs in the draft. I think we take one in the first round, either at #11, in which case we take Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed, or we trade back and acquire Devin Thomas or James Hardy. Mario Manningham is NOT an option for the Bills. He is a Lee Evans clone and the Bills want a taller guy for the #2 position, not another Lee Evans who is less than 6' tall.

I also think that the Bills will take a second receiver in the Fourth or Fifth round. I like Jordy Nelson and Arrington from UM. I also do not think they are 2nd round caliber receivers and would hate to see us take one of them in the 2nd. My prediction for what the Bills do is as follows:

Trade the #11 to Dallas for their #22 and #28 so that Dallas can get RB Mendenhall whom they really want.

Then:

1a. Devin Thomas WR or Malcolm Kelly WR (if he lasts this long which is unlikely)

1b. Fred Davis TE

2. Brandon Flowers CB

3. Mike Pollack C

4. Owen Schmidt FB

5. Adrian Arrington WR or Jordy Nelson WR

6. Roach FS

7a. Spanos C/G

7b. D-Line (for Depth as I think we will sign Jason Hall or Kalimba Edwards in FA)

The only way Dallas makes that trade is if we package our 2nd picks as well. Our #11 and #41 picks for Dallas' #22, #28, and #61. That is 1740 points for us and 1732 for Dallas on the draft value chart. Or our #11 and #72 for their #22 and #28.

And I would still make this trade. It works for both teams and what they're looking for in the draft.

I like Manningham,but he doesn't really fit the mold of what we are looking for. Still, I think he's a damn good reciever. To me,the biggest question mark is his character. If the FO interviewed him and was satisfied with his attitude,I'd love to see them grab him in the 2nd.