Finally a Mularkey quote that I like.

nobody

"Mularkey said Shaw's release wasn't meant to send a message to the team. Rather, the coaching staff felt they could improve the production level with his roster spot.

"When I say production, it is game, practice, meetings, and anything affiliated with what you do with your job," said Mularkey."

I heard a similar comment from Mularkey about McGahee - saying that this past week he improved his production in those situations prior to the Jets game. Perhaps that is another reason why McGahee wasn't getting the game time the last few games before the Jets game.

This gives me a glimmer of optimisim for the rest of the season. Working hard during the week will lead to working hard during the game.

and following that chain of thought...it shows the near-futility of our speculation over such matters....fact is, we don't know stevestojan about what goes on behind the scenes...

69706[/snapback]

Exactly - what I read from it was that it was less about a particular play in a game and more about overall conduct in practices, meetings, locker room. Sounds like maybe he wasn't taking it as seriously as they wanted or maybe he was even a distraction (although Drew stuck up for him - but what is he going to say - the guy was a real a$$clown?).

Turn what around???

We let go of a non-factor player.

Whoopie.

69723[/snapback]

I heard radio guys gizzing their pants because Belichek let go the backup special teams player that got taken for a ride by McGee on his return. Now they are upset because Mularkey didnt cut Josh Reed instead? Are they morons? We should have cut Moulds after his 2 bad years to start also. Its just stupid.

I saw alot of McGahee gliding along in practice and goofing off on the sidelines during preseason & regular games. He's generally a goofy sort of guy but maybe he needed a slap in the face to become more professional. It sounds like it worked for Willis when you listened to his quotes after the Jets game.