Bruce Smith On ESPN Radio 1310

jpizzy01

Bruce Smith was a guest on ESPN Radio 1310 that broadcasts in his hometown Norfolk, VA. Lots of Bills fans called in from the area. One guy even referencing the Big Tree. I asked him what his thoughts were on the Bills playing some 'home' games in Toronto, especially if he was on the team at the time. His responded by saying "I would not be happy and.....we will leave it at that". Then spoke about about how much the Bills mean to the WNY community and so on.....

One thing interesting that he talked about was how he always played in the 3-4 defense and complained about all the double and triple teams on him. He was saying how other people ( Reggie White, Deacon Jones, etc ) had so many sacks due to the system they played in. When asked if he ever went to the front office regarding this and he said "many times"

Glad to hear some Bills talk in VA Beach

Bruce in a 4-3, as a DE, would have been devastatingly unfair for opposing offenses.

Exactly.....

He lives in the Va Beach, Norfolk Area and said that he has been mentoring one of the top HS QB's in the country, EJ Manuel who is headed to Florida State in the fall. Kid is nasty, saw him play a couple times.

Bruce in a 4-3, as a DE, would have been devastatingly unfair for opposing offenses.

Richard Seymour is considered one of the best DEs in football and plays in a 3-4. He gets like 6 sacks a season and plays on a really good d-line. Bruce would get 15 sacks, 100+ tackles, and played next to Jeff Wright (I love the guy but Wilfork is 10 the player he is).

Walt Corey is the only man who could stop Bruce. :doh:

Bruce Smith was a guest on ESPN Radio 1310 that broadcasts in his hometown Norfolk, VA. Lots of Bills fans called in from the area. One guy even referencing the Big Tree. I asked him what his thoughts were on the Bills playing some 'home' games in Toronto, especially if he was on the team at the time. His responded by saying "I would not be happy and.....we will leave it at that". Then spoke about about how much the Bills mean to the WNY community and so on.....

One thing interesting that he talked about was how he always played in the 3-4 defense and complained about all the double and triple teams on him. He was saying how other people ( Reggie White, Deacon Jones, etc ) had so many sacks due to the system they played in. When asked if he ever went to the front office regarding this and he said "many times"

Walt Corey was the single biggest reason the Bills did not win the SuperBowl

Marv was just as much at fault for not firing him.

Bruce playing in a 3-4 was a waste which was compounded by having the undersized Jeff Wright impersonate a nose tackle.

Bruce was an amazing player for the Bills. I think it's interesting him talking about the 3-4 defense. I remember when we got Ted Washington that helped the defense against the run and created opening for some of the other guys. When Bruce was getting double teamed in 1995, Bryce Paup would come around the corner. Bruce I think had 10.5 sacks that season and Paup had 17.

Him not recognizing the difference between "better for the team" and "better for Bruce" is nothing new.