I know it's not the baseball forum....

USMCBillsFan

2 Championships in 100 years don't make you great... Believe, or not...

Typical Yankees fan to think you have to win championships to be "great". The Red Sox was for decades, is and will be a great club and the number of championships they have won or will win has nothing to do with that. Greatness in sport is a much more complicated matter than rings, it involves tradition, fans, history, spirit...

The Bills or the Browns have never won a Superbowl and they are great clubs, much greater than Superbowl winners like the Bucs or the Ravens...

The Sabres have never won a Stanley cup but they are about ten times greater than Stanley Cup winners Lightning or Hurricanes...

Who 'd dare to say the Chicago Cubs are not a great club? Of course they are!

The Yankees themselves, I can tolerate...and their trip to VT was a tremendous gesture...it's their fans who think the sun rises and sets on the South Bronx, that cause the most heartburn.

"Rooting for the Yankees takes all the courage, imagination, conviction and baseball intelligence of Spam. It's like rooting for Brad Pitt to get the girl or for Bill Gates to hit Scratch 'n' Win. (This is why I'm proposing legislation that would allow only those born in one of the five New York boroughs to be Yankees fans. All others who root for the team will be considered overdog-loving, Eveready-chucking, bandwagon-hopping, fair-weather, brownnose, pucker-lipped human goiters and be required to turn in their pinstriped underwear or be tossed into the East River with only Chuck Knoblauch to throw them a life preserver.)"

Read more HERE