Here's an article that previews 10 wide receivers and

Some interesting notes there about Mario Manningham. I've heard from some people close to the Michigan program that he's very immature. This may explain somewhat the slow 40 times at the combine. From what I've heard he didn't train at all for sprinting,and it showed. He looked like he had never even been in a sprinters stance before and had a lot of trouble with his starts. He did some training after the combine and ran 4.4's at his pro day. At this point I think his character is a bigger question mark than his speed.

Some interesting notes there about Mario Manningham. I've heard from some people close to the Michigan program that he's very immature. This may explain somewhat the slow 40 times at the combine. From what I've heard he didn't train at all for sprinting,and it showed. He looked like he had never even been in a sprinters stance before and had a lot of trouble with his starts. He did some training after the combine and ran 4.4's at his pro day. At this point I think his character is a bigger question mark than his speed.

There's been so many different WR rankings, it's almost impossible to figure out who is better than who right now. Ya gotta love the size of Kelly and Sweed though. Good call on Manningham. I've heard the same thing. The Bills have done a great job getting high-character guys. They should definitely keep that in consideration when figuring out who to take at No. 11. Something about Bob Stoops and Oklahoma suggests that Kelly would be that guy.

The more I hear about Devin Thomas the more I like him. He seems to have the ability to get RAC yards and that is what we need: more playmakers! Somebody who can get the ball in their hands and make big gains out of small plays; that way all those dink and dunk passes trent throws could possibly become big plays. Right now Roscoe is the only thing close and he was underutilized. In an ideal world Evans could be the deep guy and Thomas could be the playmaker.

Michigan graduate here.... Manningham is an outstanding physical talent, but definitely can be lazy, ESPECIALLY if he knows the ball isn't coming to him. He'll crap out on blocks if he isn't the main focus of a play. Has a superior double move and can get behind coverage consistently. Good hands on fade routes and very confident, but has dropped his share of balls that he should have had. He is not supposed to be a bad kid off the field, but does not have a great work ethic. I would not be surprised to see him spend his career as a 3rd/4th option in the game specifically for deep patterns unless he learns to put in the work.

On the other hand, I would love to see the Bills take a 5th/6th round flyer on Michigan WR Adrian Arrington. Excellent hands, tough blocker, great size and leaping ability, good speed.... kid hurt his knee in training for the combine and couldn't go full speed. He is much more complete a player than Mario, and is actually more NFL-ready. Matured a great deal this past season. Great red zone target.

I'm still a bit of a skeptic about Devin Thomas. Maybe it's just because he's a Sparty, but while talented he is still raw and hasn't proven a lot against top competition. We need someone who can contribute immediately. I would much rather have Sweed or Kelly.

We need someone who can contribute immediately. I would much rather have Sweed or Kelly.

If you want immediate contribution, then the Bills should have signed Johnson.

Calvin Johnson was the best WR prospect in a generation and he barely made an impact as a rookie

This whole WR class is overrated and will produce more busts than starters.

He seems to be high on your boy Nelson.

That except only increased my interest in Nelson. I told my buddy a few weeks back (he's a huge Dolphin fan) about Nelson and that he reminds me of McCaffrey. Lo and behold that's same comparison they used. I just think that when it's all over and done with this is the type of player that Buffalo advocates.

Speaking personally, I would like to see us use our 1st rd pick on a defensive player (DE, DT or possibly a CB) and trade for an established wide receiver (Ruvell Martin, Malcolm Floyd etc. etc.) and then draft Nelson in the 3rd or 4th rd. Whatever picks that we have left, 2nd and/or 3rd rders, use on more defensive players. In the 4th or 5th rd take a TE like Kentucky's Jacob Tamme. Our offense isn't that far gone and with just a little valid help it should be more than functional. A strong defense will sustain and also keep us in most ball games.

After reading that, I do not know if I like any of them. There, I revert back to my first feelings which was Malcom Kelly is the guy. I just hope they stay away from that guy from California. And exactly why do colleges list a guys height 2 to 3 inches more than they are? I do not understand that one at all.

If you want immediate contribution, then the Bills should have signed Johnson.

Calvin Johnson was the best WR prospect in a generation and he barely made an impact as a rookie

This whole WR class is overrated and will produce more busts than starters.

The fact Calvin Johnson had little impact, had nothing to do with the MANY receivers Detroit has does it? If Calvin had gone to the Bucs instead of Detroit, he would have had a MUCH greater impact.

Michigan graduate here.... Manningham is an outstanding physical talent, but definitely can be lazy, ESPECIALLY if he knows the ball isn't coming to him. He'll crap out on blocks if he isn't the main focus of a play. Has a superior double move and can get behind coverage consistently. Good hands on fade routes and very confident, but has dropped his share of balls that he should have had. He is not supposed to be a bad kid off the field, but does not have a great work ethic. I would not be surprised to see him spend his career as a 3rd/4th option in the game specifically for deep patterns unless he learns to put in the work.

On the other hand, I would love to see the Bills take a 5th/6th round flyer on Michigan WR Adrian Arrington. Excellent hands, tough blocker, great size and leaping ability, good speed.... kid hurt his knee in training for the combine and couldn't go full speed. He is much more complete a player than Mario, and is actually more NFL-ready. Matured a great deal this past season. Great red zone target.

I'm still a bit of a skeptic about Devin Thomas. Maybe it's just because he's a Sparty, but while talented he is still raw and hasn't proven a lot against top competition. We need someone who can contribute immediately. I would much rather have Sweed or Kelly.

GO BLUE!!!!

That except only increased my interest in Nelson. I told my buddy a few weeks back (he's a huge Dolphin fan) about Nelson and that he reminds me of McCaffrey. Lo and behold that's same comparison they used. I just think that when it's all over and done with this is the type of player that Buffalo advocates.

Speaking personally, I would like to see us use our 1st rd pick on a defensive player (DE, DT or possibly a CB) and trade for an established wide receiver (Ruvell Martin, Malcolm Floyd etc. etc.) and then draft Nelson in the 3rd or 4th rd. Whatever picks that we have left, 2nd and/or 3rd rders, use on more defensive players. In the 4th or 5th rd take a TE like Kentucky's Jacob Tamme. Our offense isn't that far gone and with just a little valid help it should be more than functional. A strong defense will sustain and also keep us in most ball games.

Personally, I'd go far the other way. I don't see Floyd, Martin or anyone else on the market as the answer. I think we need two WR's in the first three rounds, ideally after a first round trade down. We need at least one from the group of Thomas, Kelly, and Sweed, and one from Hardy, Nelson, and Bowman. My choices from each group are listed in order.