Picking "2" WRs

Mr. T

I don't usually get into predicting who the Bills will or should pick in the draft, so many try, and so few come close when the dust settles. But I recently have thought about "What If" they went WR in rds 1 & 2.

Lets say they pick Sweed or Kelly in rd 1, and come rd 2 Hardy is still sitting there. The Bills would go from having one of the smallest group of WRs to one of the biggest.

Could you imagine a 4 wr set with Evans, Parrish or Reed, Sweed, and Hardy for this year. Also we got "potentially" two young wr studs locked up for the next 4 years, growing together with Edwards. Might make losing Evans (maybe) next year a little less threatening.

Flame away amigos!

I don't usually get into predicting who the Bills will or should pick in the draft, so many try, and so few come close when the dust settles. But I recently have thought about "What If" they went WR in rds 1 & 2.

Lets say they pick Sweed or Kelly in rd 1, and come rd 2 Hardy is still sitting there. The Bills would go from having one of the smallest group of WRs to one of the biggest.

Could you imagine a 4 wr set with Evans, Parrish or Reed, Sweed, and Hardy for this year. Also we got "potentially" two young wr studs locked up for the next 4 years, growing together with Edwards. Might make losing Evans (maybe) next year a little less threatening.

Flame away amigos!

Can't disagree. What if the Cowboys want to trade up, then we do this?

#22-James Hardy WR

#28-Malcolm KellyWR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#72- Dre Moore DT

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138- Justin King CB

#142- Chris Harrington DE

#170- Erik Ainge QB

Flame away amigos!

i was thinking the same, except:

- i like kelly over sweed

- if we take 2 WRs they dont both need to be big, i'd take doucet and kelly, over sweed and kelly.

evans, doucet and kelly would be one heck a trio and create real problems for opposing defenses

Flame away amigos!

I've been thinking about this for a long time.. A trade down would make this so possible. I think that the Bills fell in love with having all of those picks and will do anything possible to get them back. Then I wouldn't rule out drafting 2 wr within the first 3 picks. See ya later Lee Evans! Not that I don't want Lee. Its just that I think that he is replacable givin the contract situation and all those big fast wr in the draft...

Since this is a one of the strongest drafts for tackles in a long time, the Bills would be better off taking a bona fide LT and moving him to G for the short term.

They have zero backups behind Walker and Peters.

Either one of these scenarios sounds great to me.

Either one of these scenarios sounds great to me.

Draft a WR number 1 or 2

CB or TE 1, 2, or 3

Follow the value board the rest of the way.

Sign Eric Moulds to a 1 year deal

Re: Lee Evans -reach a deal before the season starts if possible.

If we cannot reach a deal for Evans, then let him play out his last year and hang the franchise tag on him for an additional year or until we can replace him.

Draft a WR number 1 or 2

CB or TE 1, 2, or 3

Follow the value board the rest of the way.

Sign Eric Moulds to a 1 year deal

Re: Lee Evans -reach a deal before the season starts if possible.

If we cannot reach a deal for Evans, then let him play out his last year and hang the franchise tag on him for an additional year or until we can replace him.

Moulds is done...............let it go man, let it go.

#22-James Hardy WR

#28-Malcolm KellyWR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#72- Dre Moore DT

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138- Justin King CB

#170- Erik Ainge QB

One of those two 3rd round picks and one of those 5th round picks went Jacksonville for Stroud. Not saying we won't get them back (for ex., by trading JP for a 3, but probably a later 3 than the one we lost, and by getting a comp. pick for Gandy's loss last year (I've seen us getting a late 4th for this on other boards)), but at the moment, we ain't got them.

#22-James Hardy WR

#28-Malcolm KellyWR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#72- Dre Moore DT

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138- Justin King CB

#170- Erik Ainge QB

I think Buffalo will have to take Kelly at 22. He won't last to 28, but I think Hardy will. I also think this trade scenario is most likely for the Bills should they decide to trade down. Then, I also think you are right on with Fred Davis. However, I think Buffalo will take Mike Pollack C in the 3rd and Owen Schmitt in the Fourth and not the Fifth. Then they will likely take a CB in the fifth and take D-Line in the Sixth for depth and two O-Lineman in the seventh as depth and projects. No way the Bills draft Ainge or any QB this year. That would definitely send the wrong signal and further, that cuts Losman's trade value.

One of those two 3rd round picks and one of those 5th round picks went Jacksonville for Stroud. Not saying we won't get them back (for ex., by trading JP for a 3, but probably a later 3 than the one we lost, and by getting a comp. pick for Gandy's loss last year (I've seen us getting a late 4th for this on other boards)), but at the moment, we ain't got them.

Has it actually been settled that we lost our fifth as well. There have been multiple reports suggesting that it was just a third that we gave up. We had two of those. Confirmation?

I like the idea of drafting Bowman in the 3rd. And I am sold on Devin Thomas. Add Thomas and Bowman to our WR core and we will rock offensively IMO

I agree with you on Devin Thomas. I think he would be just as good an addition as Kelly. However, another late receiver to take a look at is Jordy Nelson from Kansas State. I just think the Bills will take two WRs early if they trade back with Dallas, and won't take another WR in the draft. There's just too many other positions of need for them.

Going a different way from you guys here. The Cardinals a few years back took Bryant Johnson and Anquan Boldin in 1 and 2. The year after, they took Larry Fitzgerald. What that did is solidify their receiving core. However, the rest of the team still sucks :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind the Bills going this route and grab a TE in the 3rd. But, other positons will not be improved.

#22-James Hardy WR

#28-Malcolm KellyWR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#72- Dre Moore DT

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138- Justin King CB

#170- Erik Ainge QB

Bills cut Merz, need a bigger C and have no backup at either T - yet you draft ZERO OL.

Don't he surprised if Bills draft a LT who they can play at OG in the short term

Bills cut Merz, need a bigger C and have no backup at either T - yet you draft ZERO OL.

Don't he surprised if Bills draft a LT who they can play at OG in the short term

You're right on here. I think Buffalo will draft Mike Pollack C in the third round and is likely to spend their sixth and one of their sevenths on O-Line. Probably a guard and another C who can play guard, like Matt Spanos from USC. That would be my guess. Still, they are likely to take two WRs or a WR and a TE early in the draft and try to pick up O-Line depth talent later on. Also, look for them to take Owen Schmitt in the early 4th round.