Who will be McCain's running mate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is Joe Lieberman (I-CT).

Keep your opinion to your self. No way in hell is that going to happen. I like Joe on the security issue but McCain already has that sewed up. Lieberman does nothing for him politically speaking.

Keep your opinion to your self. No way in hell is that going to happen. I like Joe on the security issue but McCain already has that sewed up. Lieberman does nothing for him politically speaking.

Think about it for a moment Fred. The RNC is already prepping itself for an Obama candidacy (McCain talks about Barack far more than Hillary, Rush would like to see Barack "bloodied up" for the eventual vote in November, Orly on Fox has the preacher clips every five minutes on the Factor) so I would say, knowing the way the RNC usually thinks, that they would want an old DLC member to pick off not only middle of the road independents, but also disgruntled Hillary supporters.

Let's face it Fred, the far right Rush fringe isn't who the Republicans are targeting for votes this time around, and they may very well win without them.

Who do you like?

What is the point of a message board if people keep their opinions to themselves? There would be no messages!

What is the point of a message board if people keep their opinions to themselves? There would be no messages!

Fred pretty much reacted the same way I did when I heard the rumors of the Kerry campaign considering McCain as a possible running mate in '04.

At the time I thought it was all media created bs....now it turns out there was talk from Kerry about that possibility.

BTW: Who do you like?

Fred pretty much reacted the same way I did when I heard the rumors of the Kerry campaign considering McCain as a possible running mate in '04.

At the time I thought it was all media created bs....now it turns out there was talk from Kerry about that possibility.

To be quite honest, I get depressed when I think about the potential candidates. As I stated in another thread, I don't think much of McCain, Clinton or Obama.

To be quite honest, I get depressed when I think about the potential candidates. As I stated in another thread, I don't think much of McCain, Clinton or Obama.

Well let's say you were going to Vegas...where they actually lay odds on these kinds of things....who do you like?

You can eliminate Huckabee and Romney right off the bat. Pawlenty from Minnie is mentioned as a candidate as well as Kay Bailey Hutchinson and Condi Rice. I don't think any of those is a very logical choice either. McCain is kind of a yawner and the only way he shake up his static campaign would be to do something controversial and regain his "Maverick" image.

Well let's say you were going to Vegas...where they actually lay odds on these kinds of things....who do you like?

You can eliminate Huckabee and Romney right off the bat. Pawlenty from Minnie is mentioned as a candidate as well as Kay Bailey Hutchinson and Condi Rice. I don't think any of those is a very logical choice either. McCain is kind of a yawner and the only way he shake up his static campaign would be to do something controversial and regain his "Maverick" image.

If Obama wins the nomination, I think he wins the election based on how little people know about him (and how reluctant they are to try to dig stuff up that they aren't spoonfed)

If Clinton wins the nomination it is a tossup, as many democrat friend said they would vote for McCain and many republican friends said they would vote for Clinton.

If Obama wins the nomination, I think he wins the election based on how little people know about him (and how reluctant they are to try to dig stuff up that they aren't spoonfed)

If Clinton wins the nomination it is a tossup, as many democrat friend said they would vote for McCain and many republican friends said they would vote for Clinton.

I was actually talking about McCain's possible running mate but since....

I'm leaning towards Nader.....sadly again.

I was actually talking about McCain's possible running mate but since....

I'm leaning towards Nader.....sadly again.

I am wondering if he would consider Huckaby, to mend fences with the conservatives that don't like him

The rumor is he is in discussions with Edwards, hence the reason Edwards will not back either Dem candidate. The hope is he helps with the south and helps carry back from the dems the Reagan democrats and mods. they figure as much as the true conservatives don't like Mccain, they'll vote for him over Clinton or Obama regardless.

Sorry, Bishop. That was a stupid response on a message board about your opinion. It's was after 11:00PM, and the Sabres just lost, and I was on my third cocktail.

Personally I have no idea who is running mate will be. McCain is so off the wall sometimes, he just might pick Lieberman. But like I said, I don't think it adds anything to the ticket.

McCain needs to think about a V.P. that step in and do the job since he is no spring chicken. McCain needs to be sure this person is a viable president and not in the Dan Quayle mode either. I'm thinking (hoping) it’s Romney at this point. He's young, energetic, wealthy, a proven economic leader that McCain lacks, and can be the tickets pit bull when it comes to the Dem attack machine. McCain will not get into any tiff or bad mouthing with the dems (which I think is a mistake) so he will need his V.P. to do that. Romney is just the guy. He will tell it like it is and he can do it very effectively.

Anyway, that’s my opinion but who cares.

Sorry, Bishop. That was a stupid response on a message board about your opinion. It's was after 11:00PM, and the Sabres just lost, and I was on my third cocktail.

Personally I have no idea who is running mate will be. McCain is so off the wall sometimes, he just might pick Lieberman. But like I said, I don't think it adds anything to the ticket.

McCain needs to think about a V.P. that step in and do the job since he is no spring chicken. McCain needs to be sure this person is a viable president and not in the Dan Quayle mode either. I'm thinking (hoping) it’s Romney at this point. He's young, energetic, wealthy, a proven economic leader that McCain lacks, and can be the tickets pit bull when it comes to the Dem attack machine. McCain will not get into any tiff or bad mouthing with the dems (which I think is a mistake) so he will need his V.P. to do that. Romney is just the guy. He will tell it like it is and he can do it very effectively.

Anyway, that’s my opinion but who cares.

Lieberman is a long shot, I'll admit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all...afterall they're old Senate friends.

Lindsey Graham doesn't surprise me either but Crist from Fla seems to be the logical choice.

Sabres will always suck as long as Rachacha big shot Golisano owns the team. I told him to trade Afinigenov to Atlanta for Kovalchuk but did he listen? Nooooooooo.

Seriously, watch the bottom fall out next year and season tickets plummet giving Tommy the perfect excuse to move the team to Hamilton. Almost makes me long for the Days of Johnny Rigas....almost.

Lieberman is a long shot, I'll admit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all...afterall they're old Senate friends.

Lindsey Graham doesn't surprise me either but Crist from Fla seems to be the logical choice.

Sabres will always suck as long as Rachacha big shot Golisano owns the team. I told him to trade Afinigenov to Atlanta for Kovalchuk but did he listen? Nooooooooo.

Seriously, watch the bottom fall out next year and season tickets plummet giving Tommy the perfect excuse to move the team to Hamilton. Almost makes me long for the Days of Johnny Rigas....almost.

God I hope it's not Lindsey Graham. I don't know to much about Crist so I can't say.

What's up with Golisano? If that guy puts a competitive team on the ice you sell out all year, great fan support in WNY. I live in DC and the caps never sell out. I went to the Caps v. Sabres game a few months ago and I bet there were only 7,000 fans, and of those 2,000 were Sabres fans. I just don't get it.

If the Sabres and Bills leave town, God help that city. I haven't lived in Buff for over 25 years but I love the place and my sports teams. I really would have no reason to go back to visit WNY. I take my kids to a home game every year and we have a blast. I would hate to see that tradition end.