Brandon

1) RB Marshawn Lynch, California

2) MLB David Harris, Michigan

3) OLB Justin Durant, Hampton

3) CB Michael Coe, Alabama State

6) OLB Zach Catanese, Arizona State

7) CB Anthony Arline, Baylor

7) DT Ola Dagunduro, Nebraska

This isn't my final prediction, but its close. In years past, one could often read the tea leaves in the final week leading up to the draft and have a very accurate idea of what they'd do in round 1, but this staff appears more unpredictable. Still, I'll wait until Thursday or Friday next week to see what happens before posting a final prediction.

That said, at this point, I'm about 75% sure that Lynch is their pick at 12, and about 50% sure they're going to trade up from 43 for a LB. Here, I have them giving up a 4th to move ahead of the 49ers to select David Harris, who I feel is easily the 2nd best MLB in the draft and worth a late 1st round pick. The remaining picks address needs for competition and depth defensively. One note: Catanese is a collegiate S, but will likely play WLB in the NFL.

The Bills have one major need offensively, yet several defensively. The approach I've taken, and the one I feel the Bills will also take, is one of quality-vs-quantity. From an overall standpoint, the team is equally weak on both sides of the ball, yet is hampered by only one major weakness offensively, while there are several defensively. It seems logical that a quality RB would make more of an impact on the offense for that reason. Even if the Bills select a LB or CB #1, there will still be significant weaknesses defensively and they probably still finish in the bottom third of the league. Add a top tier RB and this definitely appears to be a top 15 offense. They still need a better #2 WR and TE, but neither is critical. Additionally, it stands to reason that if the Bills are only going to add one first day player (or just one player, as I have here) for the offense, they need to make it count. Unless they have Lynch rated as a late 1st, or unless they are much higher on the 2nd tier guys than it seems, I feel that Marshawn Lynch is the most likely pick at 12.

1) RB Marshawn Lynch, California

2) MLB David Harris, Michigan

3) OLB Justin Durant, Hampton

3) CB Michael Coe, Alabama State

6) OLB Zach Catanese, Arizona State

7) CB Anthony Arline, Baylor

7) DT Ola Dagunduro, Nebraska

This isn't my final prediction, but its close. In years past, one could often read the tea leaves in the final week leading up to the draft and have a very accurate idea of what they'd do in round 1, but this staff appears more unpredictable. Still, I'll wait until Thursday or Friday next week to see what happens before posting a final prediction.

That said, at this point, I'm about 75% sure that Lynch is their pick at 12, and about 50% sure they're going to trade up from 43 for a LB. Here, I have them giving up a 4th to move ahead of the 49ers to select David Harris, who I feel is easily the 2nd best MLB in the draft and worth a late 1st round pick. The remaining picks address needs for competition and depth defensively. One note: Catanese is a collegiate S, but will likely play WLB in the NFL.

The Bills have one major need offensively, yet several defensively. The approach I've taken, and the one I feel the Bills will also take, is one of quality-vs-quantity. From an overall standpoint, the team is equally weak on both sides of the ball, yet is hampered by only one major weakness offensively, while there are several defensively. It seems logical that a quality RB would make more of an impact on the offense for that reason. Even if the Bills select a LB or CB #1, there will still be significant weaknesses defensively and they probably still finish in the bottom third of the league. Add a top tier RB and this definitely appears to be a top 15 offense. They still need a better #2 WR and TE, but neither is critical. Additionally, it stands to reason that if the Bills are only going to add one first day player (or just one player, as I have here) for the offense, they need to make it count. Unless they have Lynch rated as a late 1st, or unless they are much higher on the 2nd tier guys than it seems, I feel that Marshawn Lynch is the most likely pick at 12.

i like that draft for the most part, although there is no way I would draft three LBs. I love the idea of getting Harris and Durant though, and still having Lynch, although he is not my first choice at the RB spot. I would be thrilled with those three top picks overall however. With the #6 I would take a TE, OL or WR.

i like that draft for the most part, although there is no way I would draft three LBs. I love the idea of getting Harris and Durant though, and still having Lynch, although he is not my first choice at the RB spot. I would be thrilled with those three top picks overall however. With the #6 I would take a TE, OL or WR.

I actually really wanted to put one of those three offensive positions in the last 2 rounds. In the end, however, I think its more likely that the OLB contributes this year. At WR, in particular, think its a case of either selecting one early (probably R1 or 2) or not picking one at all. A later round pick at that position is going to have an extremely difficult time finding a roster spot.

The first mock I put together and decided not to post was very similar, except that it had Jason Hill going to the Bills in R2, with Durant, MLB Anthony Waters and Michael Coe going to the Bills in R3-4.

I actually really wanted to put one of those three offensive positions in the last 2 rounds. In the end, however, I think its more likely that the OLB contributes this year. At WR, in particular, think its a case of either selecting one early (probably R1 or 2) or not picking one at all. A later round pick at that position is going to have an extremely difficult time finding a roster spot.

The first mock I put together and decided not to post was very similar, except that it had Jason Hill going to the Bills in R2, with Durant, MLB Anthony Waters and Michael Coe going to the Bills in R3-4.

I guess what I am thinking is roster spots. Crowell, Ellison, and even Wire are givens. Harris and Durant would be givens if drafted that high. I just doubt they would want to jettison two or more of Stamer, Haggins, Odom and the pizza guy for a #6 draft pick.